MDE -- Can't View Hotel Details

kes601

Original Poster
Since the app update on Thursday night I can no longer view hotel reservation details (just get an error screen) from within the app. I know it is specific to the new version because I had not updated the app on my phone and it worked but the iPad updated and did not work. I turned off auto-update on the iPhone, but it decided to update the app anyway and after that the error started on the phone.

Is anybody else facing the issue? Would be a big pain in the rear if in the middle of a stay and could no longer see bus times, charges, etc.

Edit: I decided to delete and reinstall the app. That was a mistake. Now I can't see ANY of my plans....

Disney IT is a joke.

Last edited:

Kingoglow

Always best to wait it out instead of deleting the app.
After app updates, if you just wait a day, everything sorts itself out within the app.

kes601

Original Poster
I can view my plans now, but cannot click into hotel information. They are aware and are telling people to use the mobile web site instead. That's all and good, but the web doesn't show bus times, room charges, etc.

They said it will take an app update on their end to fix the functionality they broke.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I can view my plans now, but cannot click into hotel information. They are aware and are telling people to use the mobile web site instead. That's all and good, but the web doesn't show bus times, room charges, etc.

They said it will take an app update on their end to fix the functionality they broke.
Are you currently on site? You cannot view bus times or room charges unless you are a
currently resort guest.

kes601

Original Poster
I am well aware of the rules of what you can view and can't view while on-site / off-site. Even w/o bus times the hotel information was still very useful -- menus, what you have paid up to this point, etc. Now when I go to the reservations I get a big red "X" and it says cannot load hotel information. It should not do this.

Disney IT messed up, hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.

JaxFLBear

Are you currently on site? You cannot view bus times or room charges unless you are a currently resort guest.
Until the latest MDE app update, you could see the room charges (with zero balance) as soon as you completed online check in without being at WDW. You could also see the bus times starting on your check in date through your check out date without being at WDW.

kes601

Original Poster
Until the latest MDE app update, you could see the room charges (with zero balance) as soon as you completed online check in without being at WDW. You could also see the bus times starting on your check in date through your check out date without being at WDW.
Yep, and it is definitely tied to the new app. I have one iPad that didn't automatically update the app and I can view the info just fine on it. I can see the reservation info, dining, recreation info, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom