News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

Epcot's attendance only recovered from the construction of Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2017. While individual aspects of the park are better, the whole park is far less cohesive than it was in the 80s and 90s. They've taken a piecemeal approach to gradually turn the park into a version of the Magic Kingdom, stripping it's original identity and furthering the homogenization of Walt Disney World.

IMO it's better now than the rotting corpse that it was in the late 90's and early 2000's...

Movielover

“the late 90's and early 2000's” were after they had already “ruined Epcot”

Yes, I know... hence why I said the Epcot of today is better than that period of neglectful stagnation...

giphy.gif

montyz81

I
This so called "mediocrity" is still leaps and bounds above any other non- Disney entertainment offering IMO... well except for Imagination. There's no excuse for that...
I agree. In fact, last time my family was in FL, we chose EC over IOA. The only thing worth going to UNI for is HP, well that and the Popeye raft ride on a hot day (wettest raft ride ever).

Kman101

Wouldn’t it make more sense to wait and see the longevity of the movies? I mean nobody is needing to replace Rod Serling with Jordan Peele to keep the ride updated for the kiddos over at the Tower. I’m not arguing just making a point that actors can become associated with their characters. RDJ for Iron Man...most people, especially younger kids would go “Oh that’s iron man” not RBJ. Same with like Daniel Radcliffe.

Just my opinion that it dates it :)

I get where folks are coming from (I totally do see your point and wasn't looking at it from that perspective, if I'm honest about it)

It's what folks want to see *now*. And that's fine.

I feel like people are a little overly defensive of Marvel, LOL. I wasn't even being critical but so many kind of jumped down my throat at my opinion ... (not really you). I mean, I love Guardians of the Galaxy but when Chris Pratt is 60 ...

MickeyMouse10

The problem I'm having with the Marvel attractions is that they're using the casts faces (how long will Ant-Man last in Hong Kong? Does Iron Man show RDJ's face? I can't recall truthfully). It makes it dated almost instantly. Just like RnRc now using an aging band (regardless of my feelings on both; I actually like the Guardians but they've given them limited shelf life in terms of attractions)

That's like if they suddenly started using Tom Holland in Universal's Spider-Man attraction. The version now is classic. It would be dated.

The problem is folks want these things "now" and Disney wants to capitalize on it, but in 10-15-20 years they have to re-theme, but hey, I guess that's another execs problem, right? ;)

Exactly, most of Marvel's live actions will look outdated in 20 years.

But perhaps Guardians can be the exception if they go with just the CGI characters in the future. This way it is like Disney and Pixar animation, timeless. Also the characters never age or throw adult tantrums and go to their trailers.

And if the actors doing the voices want more money, you fire them and just get soundalikes.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I think adding Tom Holland to literally anything would instantly improve it for the rest of time... but that's just me. 😅
He has a new Chaos Walking movie. Perhaps they could build a ride at DHS and fool us into thinking it's Peter Parker (and, interestingly, Rey).
chaos-walking-tom-holland-daisy-ridley-1080x675.jpg

I know what you're thinking--it looks like they just finished going Stand-by for Flight of Passage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom