Shoes for water parks

mikewdw

Original Poster
Which shoes would you recommend for water parks? Dont want to spend a lot but I need them as I have tender feet.

thanks
mikewdw

MAGICFLOP

In the past I used wetsuit shoes when I had my catamaran. They are made of neoprene with a rubber soul. I still use them when I pressure wash my house.. look on ebey for "wetsuit shoes" or "water skin shoes". look carefully that they have a rubber soul.. less than $10 a pair

Cmdr_Crimson

They also sell the watersock shoes at the water parks...I have a pair I think they were 15.99 at the time I got them..But, I'm sure the price went up..

Thanks for asking this! We're going in the beginning of May and will be going to the waterparks for the first time. Just a follow-up question: Are there any rules limiting the types of shoes you can wear on the rides there? I googled it and only found that you can't have exposed metal clips. Any other limits? I ask only because some of the water shoes I've looked at look more like sneakers.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for asking this! We're going in the beginning of May and will be going to the waterparks for the first time. Just a follow-up question: Are there any rules limiting the types of shoes you can wear on the rides there? I googled it and only found that you can't have exposed metal clips. Any other limits? I ask only because some of the water shoes I've looked at look more like sneakers.
no shoes are allowed on the body slides, you have to carry them down. I assume its because you could end up getting stuck with the shoes acting like a brake.

mmnw

I usually wear water shoes that are more like sneakers too. Those are fine on any attraction that allows you to wear water shoes. I don’t find any super comfortable.

meekoman

One thing I would warn you about is not to buy the cheap ones. They feel fine at first, but, as the skin on your feet and toes get
softer from the water, it's easy for you to rub the skin right off your toes from the stitching.

SirWillow

One thing I would warn you about is not to buy the cheap ones. They feel fine at first, but, as the skin on your feet and toes get
softer from the water, it's easy for you to rub the skin right off your toes from the stitching.

Not only that but the soles of the cheap ones tend to come out as well, leaving you with a worthless shoe.

thomas998

no shoes are allowed on the body slides, you have to carry them down. I assume its because you could end up getting stuck with the shoes acting like a brake.
Yep... that's the reason you can't wear them on the slides it would cause some serious problems. Growing up I remember a kid wearing shoes the local water park and they stopped his feet on one curve but not his body and he went right up and over the side of the slide. He was lucky that the slides weren't made on towers but only carved out of the ground on the side of man made hill. He got some nasty looking scrapes but didn't break anything. Imagine something like that happening at Blizzard Beach where the area beyond the slide is the concrete painted to look like snow, that would result in some serious injury.

Frankly I don't think you really need shoes at all at the Disney water parks and I have very tender feet. But the way they have the parks shaded and everything there just isn't any places that really cause any issues with bare feet that I can recall. Now if I was visiting any of the beaches in Florida I would be wearing water shoes, but it is over kill in a Disney water park.

Paper straw fan

Now if I was visiting any of the beaches in Florida I would be wearing water shoes, but it is over kill in a Disney water park.

I assume you’re talking about the Atlantic coast- the gulf coast beaches are renowned for their pillowy soft sand. Even in heat it’s tolerable-

thomas998

I assume you’re talking about the Atlantic coast- the gulf coast beaches are renowned for their pillowy soft sand. Even in heat it’s tolerable-
Yes the Atlantic side... I went to the gulf side twice in all the time I have visited or lived in Florida and both time there were too many jelly fish to enjoy the beach whether wearing shoes or not. The first time there were half dollar and smaller jelly fish completely covering the beach to the point you couldn't walk to the water without stepping on them... the other time it was just random large balloon looking jelly fish, not a hundred but enough I wasn't going to get in the water. Never have liked the gulf side or wasted time going to it after those two experiences.

Paper straw fan

Depends on where you are I guess. I’ve seen plenty but never stepped on any (and you’re taught the ‘stingray shuffle’ here almost the same time as your ABC’s). However, the actual beach/sand is rated as some of the worlds best.

I’m not a huge ocean person regardless, but I’ve seen things I don’t want to be near in the Atlantic, Gulf, and Pacific, and of course any fresh water in Florida has a decent chance of gators-

But I’ve been on the sand in Costa Rica w/o shoes and it felt like I was standing on a hot stove top- at least on the gulf, even in the summer it’s manageable. Plus the sand is so soft/thick, that trying to walk around anywhere in shoes just gets clumsy quick. We all figure out quick here that’s not ideal anywhere but close to the water.

Back on topic, will they let you down slides at Disney in aqua socks versus shoes? I’m going in a couple weeks and I need to make a purchase sometime soon- my last pair of the socks was beat to hell in my wakeboarding days

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom