New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Fanbois will be loitering in the area from May 13 til open
I assume you picked that day because it is one month prior to official open? I hope maybe they shoot for a little earlier...my family will be there until May 11.

As for other soft openings, we were there March 12-15, 2017, and Jimmy Fallon was already open before the official opening date of April 6. At that time, it was pretty much final, except a small part of the waiting lobby upstairs was roped off and they were taking photos of it. I believe there were other waiting lobby adjustments being made as well.

Last edited:

Rob562

I assume you picked that day because it is one month prior to official open? I hope maybe they shoot for a little earlier...my family will be there until May 11.

As for other soft openings, we were there March 12-15, 2017, and Jimmy Fallon was already open before the official opening date of April 6. At that time, it was p[pretty much final, except a small part of the waiting lobby upstairs was roped off and they were taking photos of it. I believe there were other waiting lobby adjustments being made as well.

I've been lucky enough to stumble into the very first day of guest previews three times at WDW: Mission Space, the current version of Spaceship Earth and the land of Asia at AK. It was just right-place-right-time. (And I'm not a local, which makes it even more surprising it's happened that often)

Though I'm not holding my breath that we'll have any chance for Hagrid on our upcoming trip, which would be 6 weeks before opening. But still, it'd be nice......

-Rob

Magenta Panther

Fluffy's movements are typical of many AAs - too smooth to seem natural. I wish that whoever programmed it would look at the way dogs actually move, and program the AA accordingly. Then I think the AA would seem more convincing. I mean, it's nicely made and all, but it just doesn't seem real. It just comes off as a clever AA, which lessens its impact. JMO.

imperius

giphy.gif

Tom Morrow

Unless I ride in the sidecar and Hagrid is next to me, I don't think it's right to call this Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Personally I think they should have knocked down Dr. Phillips High School and put in a forest because even though you can't see it, knowing that it's there ruins some of the immersion

ryguy

Unless I ride in the sidecar and Hagrid is next to me, I don't think it's right to call this Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Personally I think they should have knocked down Dr. Phillips High School and put in a forest because even though you can't see it, knowing that it's there ruins some of the immersion
Always have been surprised that Uni hasn't bought that land and built a new school somewhere else. Would be a win win I would think?

ObscurityPoint

I don't know, it looks pretty dang close to me.

View attachment 365982
View attachment 365983
The centaur design the ride chose is based more off the designs used in Order of the Phoenix as opposed to Sorcerer’s Stone, hence the bow and arrow. While both designs fit in perfectly with the wizarding world and are very similar, the first two, middle two, and last four films were split apart three different directors so that’s why there’s some continuity errors in the Potter movies (see Flitwick/Conductor).

MerlinTheGoat

The design still looks the same to me besides the different facial features and bow and arrow. Both of which make sense plot-wise given that this is clearly a different character than the centaur from the first movie. That first movie's centaur was named Firenze, and he was noted (especially in the books where he has a lot more story) as being peaceful and friendly with humans compared to the other centaurs.

Castle Cake Apologist

Gotta be honest. That fluffy looks off? Like the color/breed looks wrong.

I know we seem to be in the minority, but I have to agree with you here. I'm pretty hardcore into Potter, and that was my first thought when I saw Fluffy. Other than being a 3-headed dog, he looks pretty off to me. Wrong coat color, wrong eye color, and he seems to be missing the pattern on his faces?

Not to mention that Fluffy was ultimately sent back to Greece by Dumbledore in the official canon, so when does this attraction take place?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom