News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

COProgressFan

Could they be reconfiguring the EXIT of the resort monorail? All those blue plus signs and queues look to be far too big for just the Grand Flo and Poly. Maybe they’re going to screen resort monorail people at the MK now instead of at each resort? Seems more efficient labor-wise to do it that way. And to resort hop, no need to go through security.

It is probably more efficient but I don't think it's likely. The screening at resorts was designed to alleviate screening crowds at the MK entrance, as well as make the monorail itself a secure area.

halltd

TTC is part of the secure zone, so the resort monorails would still need to be screened before boarding.
True. Maybe they're moving the Campground boat dock over to the Grand side, then? That's a lot of queue space over there and it looks like a new dock with ramp, too. Usually the campground boat has more people than any other there, so that'd be my only other guess at this point.

mm121

It's not clear from the plant what they are doing at the end of the station. There is a work area extending out there but it doesn't show what is being done. There is also a small work area shown between the tracks. It might be related to the stairs that are at the end of the station.

View attachment 368319

View attachment 368325
Would be great to see a bridge built to connect the walking path to GF.

Or maybe they are simply removing that dead end path.

mm121

South Florida Water Management Permit was filed today for Magic Kingdom Hardscape Improvements...

View attachment 368091

View attachment 368092
One thing these plans don't show is if the walking path to Contemporary will remain open or if it will be closed.

The easiest though not best thing to do would be to maybe build a crosswalk over one of the bus stop drives and just direct people wishing to walk from Contemporary to the main security checkpoint.

JoeCamel

One thing these plans don't show is if the walking path to Contemporary will remain open or if it will be closed.

The easiest though not best thing to do would be to maybe build a crosswalk over one of the bus stop drives and just direct people wishing to walk from Contemporary to the main security checkpoint.
We have seen the plans for a new security station on the walking path so it stays.

mm121

A few weeks ago a different permit was filed for a new security checkpoint for the Contemporary walkway.

Anyone have a link to the post? Tried using search but couldn't find it.

Kinda wish each entrance had it's own thread.

Only entrance we haven't heard much about yet is Animal Kingdom.

Kinda interesting how their going all out redoing entrances now for the 50th and Star Wars Land, but dont think they really made many changes entrance wise to AK for Pandora

RAXIP

Kinda interesting how their going all out redoing entrances now for the 50th and Star Wars Land, but dont think they really made many changes entrance wise to AK for Pandora

Animal Kingdom:

Dr.GrantSeeker

We know the TTA, Epcot main entrance, Gateway and DHS entrances are all under way. But what about MK and the walkway security check and DAK? Do we know or have any idea when those to begin/finish?

Kman101

Anyone have a link to the post? Tried using search but couldn't find it.

Kinda wish each entrance had it's own thread.

I think it's long overdue, especially Hollywood Studios parking and entrance. It already looks better even still under construction. It almost feels like a "real" park ;) I think with AK, that's the most current park and only 21 years old so it didn't quite need as much work on the entrance, but a better, covered area for trams and security will go along way.

I still think the entrance and parking itself could use a bit more of an overhaul. The process is slightly confusing and with two lanes that become one, etc. Not sure what can be done but while it's not overly confusing it's still a bit ... messy. If any of that makes sense. Grumpy parking lot attendants don't help either ...

Agreed, it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread for each park undergoing an entrance transformation.

TrainsOfDisney

Thoughts from my past visit-

No signage and different entrance routines every time I entered a park. Only instructions I heard were verbal instructions in English.

DAK - some guests directed through metal detectors. Some told to go around.

MK & DHS - all guests in no bag line directed through metal detectors.

Epcot - a collection of everything. No bag line sometimes closed. No bag line opened with some guests being diverted around metal detectors, no bag line open with all guests going through.

It’s all very confusing. As a regular with no kids or family needing assistance it’s fine. I just take my wallet and phone out and get in line behind the detector unless specifically told to go around. But I can’t imagine how confusing this would be for a family visiting with several kids, or those who are not overly familiar with English, or those who have trouble hearing.

Verbal Instructions were all over the map- an excellent greeter at Epcot explaining everything in detail in a kind and welcoming tone, a somewhat bossy “keys, coins, cell phones and wallets into the bowl” being repeated over and over again, a lady simply saying “everyone stay in line for additional screening” in a somewhat bossy tone, and my favorite “everybody step right up, use the bowl and walk through”

Kman101

Thoughts from my past visit-

No signage and different entrance routines every time I entered a park. Only instructions I heard were verbal instructions in English.

DAK - some guests directed through metal detectors. Some told to go around.

MK & DHS - all guests in no bag line directed through metal detectors.

Epcot - a collection of everything. No bag line sometimes closed. No bag line opened with some guests being diverted around metal detectors, no bag line open with all guests going through.

It’s all very confusing. As a regular with no kids or family needing assistance it’s fine. I just take my wallet and phone out and get in line behind the detector unless specifically told to go around. But I can’t imagine how confusing this would be for a family visiting with several kids, or those who are not overly familiar with English, or those who have trouble hearing.

Verbal Instructions were all over the map- an excellent greeter at Epcot explaining everything in detail in a kind and welcoming tone, a somewhat bossy “keys, coins, cell phones and wallets into the bowl” being repeated over and over again, a lady simply saying “everyone stay in line for additional screening” in a somewhat bossy tone, and my favorite “everybody step right up, use the bowl and walk through”

Yep, you aren't wrong in that it's always very different. I also imagine the amount of crowds play a factor in making certain decisions. I noticed on DHS' 30th I didn't have to go through the metal detector for the "no bags" entrance, and they were just letting people bypass it (I had all my stuff out of my pockets and ready to go) while others were going through it.

It needs to be consistent, period. They need a better process. I hope they employ some with the new security locations. I don't ever dread going through Universal's security lines but I do at Disney's parks (and I don't ever wait long because I'm a no bags person and I know the process and am ready so it's not as if it's a hard process for me, but I still dread it so much so that I've skipped parks before not wanting to go through the process of parking getting there, security, etc. Maybe bizarre to some but it's a cumbersome process) ... it's a chaotic process overall, IMHO, for a variety of reasons both in and out of their control.

Kman101

I love Bio's photos but I wish he'd stop speculating on some things. I thought they were moving the Mickey topiary where the rounded area is by the water (basically moving it "down" and not in the middle of a walking path)? It makes no sense to free up space then move the topiary to where security is now ... LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom