News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

trainplane3

South Florida Water Management Permit was filed today for Magic Kingdom Hardscape Improvements...

View attachment 368091

View attachment 368092
Correct me if I'm looking at this wrong, but this is only showing the area the work is taking place right? Nothing new layout-wise, correct? Aside from the two new(?) structures within the bus loops.

Edit: Alright, I'm seeing the differences now.

Last edited:

wedenterprises

Clamman73

Looks to me like they are possibly reconfiguring the load side of the Resort monorail.

View attachment 368235View attachment 368236
Yes...in a way...looks like they’re isolating each transportation system’s in and out from each other...I take it they’re doing this not only so people can find the transportation they’re going to easier, but also from a security standpoint there’s some angle to it...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks to me like they are possibly reconfiguring the load side of the Resort monorail.

It's not clear from the plant what they are doing at the end of the station. There is a work area extending out there but it doesn't show what is being done. There is also a small work area shown between the tracks. It might be related to the stairs that are at the end of the station.

Rider

Since the existing Monorail entrance is not within the scope of work I assume that the entrance is not changing. The new grass areas also are shaped to fit the current Resort line entrance.

It is also beyond the resort boat security area which would be odd. Plus look at how small that work area is compared to the existing entrance. No way that would be enough space for monorail guests.

That small area is likely for work staging or related to the fire stairs.

halltd

Could they be reconfiguring the EXIT of the resort monorail? All those blue plus signs and queues look to be far too big for just the Grand Flo and Poly. Maybe they’re going to screen resort monorail people at the MK now instead of at each resort? Seems more efficient labor-wise to do it that way. And to resort hop, no need to go through security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom