News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

Looks like the Clickbait site has pics of the Speedway and they're busy painting away. Using teal on the railings (instead of the blue) and as the accent color (no more purple on the sign area). I like it. Little things but in this case, paint sure helps.

Timothy_Q

Looks like the Clickbait site has pics of the Speedway and they're busy painting away. Using teal on the railings (instead of the blue) and as the accent color (no more purple on the sign area). I like it. Little things but in this case, paint sure helps.
The lack of cohesion in colors chosen throughout the new paint schemes across the land is astounding lol.

Blue rocks
Purple wall
Peach Star Traders
Teal Speedway
Orange and red Peoplemover station

And none of these work with Tron lol

Kman101

The lack of cohesion in colors chosen throughout the new paint schemes across the land is astounding lol.

Blue rocks
Purple wall
Peach Star Traders
Teal Speedway
Orange and red Peoplemover station

And none of these work with Tron lol

That's what I mean. Like, what are they going for here? LOL

I like a lot of it, individually, but as a whole, it still doesn't come together yet. I know it's been a work in progress for like 2 or 3 years now but still ... and then you still have the metal and sci-fi entry way, which, I don't hate, but it doesn't match with the "second half" of Tomorrowland ... (at least they removed the giant dome thing ... and the metal things on the entry for the Speedway are gone, minus what's holding up the standby and fastpass wait time signs)

ToTBellHop

That's what I mean. Like, what are they going for here? LOL

I like a lot of it, individually, but as a whole, it still doesn't come together yet. I know it's been a work in progress for like 2 or 3 years now but still ... and then you still have the metal and sci-fi entry way, which, I don't hate, but it doesn't match with the "second half" of Tomorrowland ... (at least they removed the giant dome thing ... and the metal things on the entry for the Speedway are gone, minus what's holding up the standby and fastpass wait time signs)
n1bj60-captaineohorizontal.jpg

Kman101

I swear it looks like it’s been altered by a matter of inches.

It wasn't a very big alteration to the track, at all.

I wish they'd pretty up the landscaping a tad. It's just so boring to me. Other Autopias and Speedways are much better. Maybe if it gets the TRON overhaul, unless teal paint = TRON ready ... (I'm still wondering if a further overhaul is even on the table still?)

Kman101

I was riding the people mover last night, and it was no nice to ride without inhaling noxious fumes and hearing car engines.

I really don't miss the Speedway ... but so many seem to just love it :/ It's the most lackluster of Speedway's/Autopias. I get the thrill for a kid and many adults still enjoy it, but it's honestly nothing special. Frankly it makes more sense in Future World behind Test Track and I'd fully support it there. The Speedway takes up space that should be used for other things. But I also support them keeping it and not having TRON be what took it away. I doubt it lasts 'forever' ...

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I was riding the people mover last night, and it was no nice to ride without inhaling noxious fumes and hearing car engines.
I really don't miss the Speedway ... but so many seem to just love it :/ It's the most lackluster of Speedway's/Autopias. I get the thrill for a kid and many adults still enjoy it, but it's honestly nothing special. Frankly it makes more sense in Future World behind Test Track and I'd fully support it there. The Speedway takes up space that should be used for other things. But I also support them keeping it and not having TRON be what took it away. I doubt it lasts 'forever' ...
My kid loves the speedway, but it's nice saying "shucks, it's still closed." How much better does it smell and sound walking through there now? I am one of those who was always against closing it, but they do need to do something about those engines.

I get the complaints, and sympathize with them - but at the same time:

3521bp4.jpg

Is it lackluster? Yeah, have to concede that point. But for myself, like so many other things in life it’s more about the memories from when I was a child riding with Mom or Dad. For that reason alone, I’d hate to see it go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom