NFL 2019 Offseason Discussion Thread

Dad 2 M & M

Tampa Bay really got hosed with the schedule. They don't have a "home" game for 49 straight days.

Week 4 - at LA Rams
Week 5 - at New Orleans
Week 6 - vs Carolina (in London)
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8 - at Tennessee
Week 9 - at Seattle
Week 10 - vs Arizona (home FINALLY!!)

That's some brutal scheduling and travel for the Bucs.
eek.gif
The NFC South really took it with this year's "rotation"

The NFC South Schedule:
6 Divisional Games
4 NFC West Games - San Fran, Arizona, Seattle, and LA Rams (2 Playoff teams)
4 AFC South Game - Houston, Indy, Tennessee, and Jacksonville (2 Playoff Teams and one eliminated last week of season)
1 NFC East same place finisher
1 NFC North Same place finisher

Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa ALL play at least 6 games against playoff teams (NO x2, Seattle, LA Rams, Houston, Indy)

Atlanta - Also plays Minnesota and Philly (another playoff team) 7 Total Playoff Teams
Carolina - Also plays Green Bay and Washington
Tampa - Also plays Detroit and NYG

New Orleans plays, Chicago, Dallas, Seattle, LA Rams, Houston, Indy......

Super Bowl victory or this might be the end of Dan Quinn in Atlanta....he would be a good GM, maybe even great, but not on the sidelines.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Din't fool yourself, he sat out because of guaranteed money. He thought he was gonna cash-in Gurley style but that didn't quite happen.

The two biggest divas as well as biggest creators of drama on the team, Bell and Brown, are gone.

The national media doesn't know their backside from their elbow in regard to the stories becoming talking points since Brown was inactive for the last game of the 2018 season.
Was there really no drama other than the two perpetrators?

PUSH

Original Poster
The NFC South really took it with this year's "rotation"

The NFC South Schedule:
6 Divisional Games
4 NFC West Games - San Fran, Arizona, Seattle, and LA Rams (2 Playoff teams)
4 AFC South Game - Houston, Indy, Tennessee, and Jacksonville (2 Playoff Teams and one eliminated last week of season)
1 NFC East same place finisher
1 NFC North Same place finisher

Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa ALL play at least 6 games against playoff teams (NO x2, Seattle, LA Rams, Houston, Indy)

Atlanta - Also plays Minnesota and Philly (another playoff team) 7 Total Playoff Teams
Carolina - Also plays Green Bay and Washington
Tampa - Also plays Detroit and NYG

New Orleans plays, Chicago, Dallas, Seattle, LA Rams, Houston, Indy......
Something similar happened to the NFC North in recent years... I believe the NFC West was involved when Seattle and San Francisco were the best two teams in the NFL.

But then another season, the Packers supposedly had the easiest schedule going into the season (based on the previous season's record), and by the end of it, it turned out they were top 5 in terms of difficult schedules.

Dad 2 M & M

Something similar happened to the NFC North in recent years... I believe the NFC West was involved when Seattle and San Francisco were the best two teams in the NFL.

But then another season, the Packers supposedly had the easiest schedule going into the season (based on the previous season's record), and by the end of it, it turned out they were top 5 in terms of difficult schedules.
That happens a lot! It appears your schedule is tough, and then the games are played...

NFC South Same Place Pairings:

New Orleans - @Chicago and Dallas
Atlanta - @ Minnesota and Philly
Carolina - @ Green Bay and Washington
Tampa - @Detroit and NYG

Which pairing looks the toughest?

And what is the NFC North Pairings this year?

PUSH

Original Poster
That happens a lot! It appears your schedule is tough, and then the games are played...

NFC South Same Place Pairings:

New Orleans - @Chicago and Dallas
Atlanta - @Minnesota and Philly
Carolina - @green Bay and Washington
Tampa - @Detroit and NYG

Which pairing looks the toughest?

And what is the NFC North Pairings this year?
New Orleans appears to have the toughest bunch, but that comes with being successful. Atlanta's could be difficult, too. Green Bay could be tough for Carolina, but I don't see Washington doing a whole lot without Alex Smith. They kind of got screwed with that injury.

The NFC North is playing the AFC West (Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders) and the NFC East (Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Giants). Both divisions put two teams in the playoffs last year.

People are writing articles on how the Packers have a forgiving schedule because our new HC gets to start off with 5 home games in our first 7 outings. But then on the flip side, we only have 2 homes game across our final 6 games, which doesn't really give us the big home field advantage of Lambeau Field in the cold environment. If anything, I say that's a tougher schedule.

Dad 2 M & M

New Orleans appears to have the toughest bunch, but that comes with being successful. Atlanta's could be difficult, too. Green Bay could be tough for Carolina, but I don't see Washington doing a whole lot without Alex Smith. They kind of got screwed with that injury.

The NFC North is playing the AFC West (Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders) and the NFC East (Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Giants). Both divisions put two teams in the playoffs last year.

People are writing articles on how the Packers have a forgiving schedule because our new HC gets to start off with 5 home games in our first 7 outings. But then on the flip side, we only have 2 homes game across our final 6 games, which doesn't really give us the big home field advantage of Lambeau Field in the cold environment. If anything, I say that's a tougher schedule.
So:
2 Same Place Finish Pairings:
Chicago - @ Dallas and New Orleans
Minnesota - @ Philly and Atl
Green Bay - @ Washington and Carolina
Detroit - @ NYG and Tampa

It does appear the teams you play might be favorable, but ending the season with a heavy road schedule is not doing you any favors...especially when Lambeau should be a benefit late in the season....

PUSH

Original Poster
So:
2 Same Place Finish Pairings:
Chicago - @ Dallas and New Orleans
Minnesota - @ Philly and Atl
Green Bay - @ Washington and Carolina
Detroit - @ NYG and Tampa

It does appear the teams you play might be favorable, but ending the season with a heavy road schedule is not doing you any favors...especially when Lambeau should be a benefit late in the season....
We'll be playing the NFC East as a division. The NFC West will be the same place finishing, so it's...

CHI: Los Angeles and New Orleans
MIN: Seattle and Atlanta
GB: San Francisco and Carolina
DET: Cardinals and Buccaneers

I'd say the two for the Packers might project better heading into 2019 than they did in 2018, particularly the 49ers getting Jimmy G back. I also think playing Minnesota twice will be tough, as I think they underachieved last season.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Seahawks are trading DE Frank Clark to the Chiefs for a 2019 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder, and a swap of mid-round picks.

PUSH

Original Poster
With the first pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select, Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma.

NYwdwfan

I've always preferred NFL Network to ESPN. Not sure why. I like Rich Eisen, as I've said before. And he's a Jets fan!

Switched. Love Rich Eisen. Anyone who will run the 40 and let them superimpose it with athletic powerhouses is awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom