Can a post 2016 resale buyer get TIW

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
According to the site:

When purchasing in person, please be sure to bring the following:
  • Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card
  • Florida Residents: A valid photo ID and proof of Florida residence
  • Passholders: A valid photo ID and your annual pass

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
According to the site:

• Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card
See I still have an ID number....so does that mean yes?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

According to the site:

Right off - CALL. Regardless of DVC Status.... MANY DVC Members also have APs. To qualify with an AP - you must have an ACTIVE AP.... not a "green card, will call". You are actually better off with this, as (in the past) TIW did not have access to the DVC Member Database.

"If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Tables in Wonderland membership program, please call us at (407) 566-5858 or by emailing us at WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@Disney.com. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. "

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/

nickys

Premium Member
You can't buy one over the phone - only in person. And since the TiW is considered a Membership Extra, those who bought post 2016 are not eligible. Sorry.

I believe you can still buy it over the phone. I even got one sent to me in the U.K. last time I bought it.

YorkshireT

You can't buy one over the phone - only in person. And since the TiW is considered a Membership Extra, those who bought post 2016 are not eligible. Sorry.
Many have bought it over the phone, this is incorrect. And many resale only members have bought it that way. Reported widely on various forums, including person above.

correcaminos

Yep, via phone is definitely an option to buy. As for the resale aspect, as I said above, they are not entitled to this perk. That said, sometimes you'll get the person on the other end who will sell it to you even if you are not supposed to get the perk.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Yep, via phone is definitely an option to buy. As for the resale aspect, as I said above, they are not entitled to this perk. That said, sometimes you'll get the person on the other end who will sell it to you even if you are not supposed to get the perk.
As the OP to the thread, eh I probably wont try to get it anyway. I am there for a total of 10 days. I may come out ahead, or I might break even. I think what I might instead do is, we are doing a split stay, 4 days at a 2 bed with inlaws and then another 3 days by ourselves at the Polynesian,(we are going to vero after that), so maybe we will get the dining plan at the Poly. My inlaws are kinda inconsistent on dining, meaning they may bail on plans and they dont' eat much either. So this is probably the best option.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I believe you can still buy it over the phone. I even got one sent to me in the U.K. last time I bought it.
Very surprised to hear this. How can they possibly verify that you are even authorized to purchase it?

Many have bought it over the phone, this is incorrect. And many resale only members have bought it that way. Reported widely on various forums, including person above.
If a person who has ONLY bought resale after the latest restrictions buys one over the phone, they are committing fraud. Of course, no one seems to care about rules anymore, only what they can get away with. Sad commentary on the way our country is heading.

That's why I'm surprised that Disney allows over the phone purchases. How can they verify if a person is entitled? Just because the person says so? We all know that entitled people won't care about the fact that they aren't eligible. They will do anything they want, regardless of whether it's right or wrong.

correcaminos

Very surprised to hear this. How can they possibly verify that you are even authorized to purchase it?

If a person who has ONLY bought resale after the latest restrictions buys one over the phone, they are committing fraud. Of course, no one seems to care about rules anymore, only what they can get away with. Sad commentary on the way our country is heading.

That's why I'm surprised that Disney allows over the phone purchases. How can they verify if a person is entitled? Just because the person says so? We all know that entitled people won't care about the fact that they aren't eligible. They will do anything they want, regardless of whether it's right or wrong.
They can ask for the membership number. That's what they are supposed to do.

As the OP to the thread, eh I probably wont try to get it anyway. I am there for a total of 10 days. I may come out ahead, or I might break even. I think what I might instead do is, we are doing a split stay, 4 days at a 2 bed with inlaws and then another 3 days by ourselves at the Polynesian,(we are going to vero after that), so maybe we will get the dining plan at the Poly. My inlaws are kinda inconsistent on dining, meaning they may bail on plans and they dont' eat much either. So this is probably the best option.
To be honest even in your situation I'm not sure I would bother with the Dining Plan. I'm not even sure I'd bother with making many reservations as a whole for food. Unless you have an annual pass, you only need to spend about $700 in food to get it to break even. That is if they would allow you to buy it in the first place. Personally if I knew it wasn't a perk for me, I would not be trying. I just don't see the point in trying to circumvent things that you are not allowed to get to begin with.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Everyone gets a number, but only direct get a membership card, so there has to be some sort of flag in the DVC database that states who is authorized the perk, and the TiW phone CMs have access to that DVC database for who is authorized? Not sure I like that part of it.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster

To be honest even in your situation I'm not sure I would bother with the Dining Plan. I'm not even sure I'd bother with making many reservations as a whole for food. Unless you have an annual pass, you only need to spend about $700 in food to get it to break even. That is if they would allow you to buy it in the first place. Personally if I knew it wasn't a perk for me, I would not be trying. I just don't see the point in trying to circumvent things that you are not allowed to get to begin with.
First, why would I not get a dining plan for my family of 4 with 2 kids? We have reservations that we would make. Very odd statement to make.
I am not trying to circumvent anything. In all honesty it took several posts to figure out if I could or not(and even now it seems a bit in the air), I a not stealing anything, I would be spending$150 on a card that will then ensure I spend or try to spend $750 dollars to break even. If I don't spend that, why they come out ahead. Seems a win/win for them, no?

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
First, why would I not get a dining plan for my family of 4 with 2 kids? We have reservations that we would make. Very odd statement to make.
I am not trying to circumvent anything. In all honesty it took several posts to figure out if I could or not(and even now it seems a bit in the air), I a not stealing anything, I would be spending$150 on a card that will then ensure I spend or try to spend $750 dollars to break even. If I don't spend that, why they come out ahead. Seems a win/win for them, no?

I think @helenabear was maybe meaning that it can be difficult to come out ahead on the dining plan. For many people, the dining plan costs more than it would do just paying “out of pocket”. If you do a character meal every day, then it becomes easier. And having the option of an alcoholic drink also makes it slightly easier. But you still pay tips on the value of your meal with the dining plan. And many people find that if they pay out of pocket, they may end up sharing an entree, for example, rather than ordering an entree each on the plan, and then not really finishing it.

Some people like the convenience of the dining plan, but it is also possible to put the same amount onto a gift card and do it that way.

nickys

Premium Member
Everyone gets a number, but only direct get a membership card, so there has to be some sort of flag in the DVC database that states who is authorized the perk, and the TiW phone CMs have access to that DVC database for who is authorized? Not sure I like that part of it.

I suspect they may have a “query facility” that allows them to check if a membership number is authorised. Not full access to the DVC database.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Actually, if you purchase a TiW card by stating that you are a DVC member, and the CM simply believes you and doesn't check your eligibility, then you are committing fraud, as you do not have a right to that perk in your present situation. Doesn't matter if it's a win/win for anyone, as you are not entitled to the card.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Actually, if you purchase a TiW card by stating that you are a DVC member, and the CM simply believes you and doesn't check your eligibility, then you are committing fraud, as you do not have a right to that perk in your present situation. Doesn't matter if it's a win/win for anyone, as you are not entitled to the card.
I have a membership number...are you saying I am not a member, if not what am I?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom