Trip Report Completed: Birthday/Christmas with a side of scooters.....

Ok, I am trying this. I stink at coming up with funny quips so crappy title!

Go easy, 1st trip report!

The Who: Me (the Momma) My Mom (the Memaw), DS1 (the Tay), and DS2 (the Tater).
When: December 22-24, with a bonus day on the 28th.
Where: POR

We became AP's in June, and the Memaw lives locally, about 45 minutes away. We spent a month over June and July there, but didn't stay. This time, we started on my birthday, and spent two nights at POR, with the Dining Plan and ate our way through the parks!

We drove down, and got to Memaw's on the 20th. We got settled and got up bright and early the 22nd, my birthday, and got to POR around 7. We checked in, and immediately hopped on a bus to the TTC, where we then hopped on a monorail to MK, sneaking on to a ride with a dear friend before our ADR for breakfast! It was cold, but nothing like the cold we left behind in Illinois....

Me and the boys. We are waiting, forever it seems, to finish up the court process to start adoption paperwork. I absolutely love these faces, and seeing them at Disney is my favorite thing in the entire world!

After the obligatory castle pics, we headed for our first ride of the trip, a zero wait on our ride with Buzz Lightyear. The ride pics show me and Memaw, but cannot see my little dudes, so nobody wants to see those... I know who the stars of this show are!

Next we headed back on a monorail, for a birthday breakfast of amazing!

After this fun start (Hello, Waffle Bar!! I see you!!) we headed back to MK.

We partook in some pirates, then did this for the boys' first time!!!

We did a few other rides, which I cannot remember, and then caught a parade..... I finally bought ears, and no sooner than 5 minutes later Tater stole them, and looked far more fabulous than I do in them! Tay was still way too cool for them, at this point!

After that, we went back to the resort for naps. Memaw was super sick, courtesy of the germs we delivered, so a break was needed.

tabby1222

Original Poster
Gonna work a little on this today. :). Between work beating me into the ground lately (25 3rd graders this year, in a very low-income urban school no less...) and the flu hitting the house, its been insane. Then I lost my post, so not sure if Ralph broke my internet, or if Stitch ate it.

So, we last left off at heading out of MK for the night. We were up bright and early on our way to the Kingdom of Animals. I do not have a ton of pics from this day, so bear with me.

Pluto was definitely still the highlight. Who doesn't love popcorn? And photographic evidence that the oldest spawn will wear ears, but only when no one is around. :)

First stop of the day was to let Tate get his own ears, so I could actually wear mine! Taylen was still too cool for ears, so went with a Yeti themed hat! Stinker.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip. Since we live in Illinois, it can be hard for the boys and Memaw to really connect. They have finally really started becoming inseparable with more frequent visits. Memaw and her squad are pretty tight, and I love it!!! She is actually getting a shirt that says "My squad calls me Memaw" for Mother's Day!

Ok, leaving it here for this am, my room full of 3rd grade friends are calling my name..... And my own cherubs have to finish getting ready! To be continued.......

Last edited:

tabby1222

Original Poster
I figured I needed to get on finishing this, since our next trip is 59!!!! days away!!

So the day this day is a bit foggy, so I am going to report the best of my ability....It is what I get for A, waiting so long, and B, the events to come.

We did Rainforest Cafe for lunch, both on our way out and because of not having a reservation anywhere. The boys loved it. Tate got some more dessert, which he devoured!

After this, we headed back to the resort for a bit, then came back for a 5pm Yeti ride, and then we were heading to Yak and Yeti, which I have wanted to try for YEARS!!!
So we went on Yeti, which I seem to not have any pics from. Then we went on our way to Yak and Yeti, and this is when all of the things fell apart.

We were going to look in a store on the way, since we were a bit early, and somehow I missed three steps going down the stairs. I drug poor Tate down with me. He was fine, just a scratch on his knee. I came down hard on a flat foot. I had on tennis shoes, thankfully, but knew right away I messed something up in a major way. I hobbled my way to Yak and Yeti, and spent the meal in tears because the foot hurt so bad. My mom was super upset, because she knew how bad I was hurting, and the boys were upset that I was crying. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy the meal at all. I asked a cast member if there was any way they could help me get to first aid, and the lady was less than helpful, and pointed the route to walk there.

I ended up sending my mom and the boys to go see a show while I headed towards first aid. It took me over an hour to walk from Y&Y to first aid. In hindsight, I should have asked a different cast member for assistance, but at that point I just wanted to get where I needed to be. By the time I got there, the kids and Memaw met me there. First aid was fairly unhelpful, honestly. They gave me an ice pack, and told me to go to the ER. I was hoping that maybe with elevating it and some rest, it would feel better. So they pushed me from there to our FOP FP, which I sat out for. There was no way I was going to try to sit in that ride with my foot. I just hung out in my wheelchair by the entrance.

This is the point that the weirdest conversation of my entire life happened. I swear, I cannot make the up. I was talking to my oldest daughter, who stayed home because of her work, on FaceTime. This 20something girl sits down on a ledge next to me, with her friend and a 1-2 year old asleep in a stroller. I hear them talking while I am talking to Kim, but pay little attention as I am whining about my foot.

The next thing I know, the girl says "Is there any way I could pay you $20 for watching my son while we go ride this ride?"

WHAT????????

So I explain that I don't think it is a good idea, and explain how rider swap works, etc. She proceeds to tell me that she wants to be able to ride with her friend, and that he is asleep, so won't be any problem. I again tell her that if he woke up, he would be so upset, etc, trying to get the point across that this is a terrible idea. She then offers me $50. I finally tell her that she doesn't know me, for all she knows I could be a serial killer, and that my family should be out soon. She then gets mad, and walks away with her kid, telling me that she can't understand why I cannot just watch her kid. What the heck????

At this point, my mom and kids come back, and we headed back to the resort. It took me an hour just to walk from bus stop to preferred building at POR. By morning, I couldn't even really walk to the bathroom. It was bad.......

krisri18

I figured I needed to get on finishing this, since our next trip is 59!!!! days away!!

So the day this day is a bit foggy, so I am going to report the best of my ability....It is what I get for A, waiting so long, and B, the events to come.

View attachment 366812 View attachment 366813
We did Rainforest Cafe for lunch, both on our way out and because of not having a reservation anywhere. The boys loved it. Tate got some more dessert, which he devoured!
View attachment 366814
After this, we headed back to the resort for a bit, then came back for a 5pm Yeti ride, and then we were heading to Yak and Yeti, which I have wanted to try for YEARS!!!
So we went on Yeti, which I seem to not have any pics from. Then we went on our way to Yak and Yeti, and this is when all of the things fell apart.

We were going to look in a store on the way, since we were a bit early, and somehow I missed three steps going down the stairs. I drug poor Tate down with me. He was fine, just a scratch on his knee. I came down hard on a flat foot. I had on tennis shoes, thankfully, but knew right away I messed something up in a major way. I hobbled my way to Yak and Yeti, and spent the meal in tears because the foot hurt so bad. My mom was super upset, because she knew how bad I was hurting, and the boys were upset that I was crying. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy the meal at all. I asked a cast member if there was any way they could help me get to first aid, and the lady was less than helpful, and pointed the route to walk there.

I ended up sending my mom and the boys to go see a show while I headed towards first aid. It took me over an hour to walk from Y&Y to first aid. In hindsight, I should have asked a different cast member for assistance, but at that point I just wanted to get where I needed to be. By the time I got there, the kids and Memaw met me there. First aid was fairly unhelpful, honestly. They gave me an ice pack, and told me to go to the ER. I was hoping that maybe with elevating it and some rest, it would feel better. So they pushed me from there to our FOP FP, which I sat out for. There was no way I was going to try to sit in that ride with my foot. I just hung out in my wheelchair by the entrance.

This is the point that the weirdest conversation of my entire life happened. I swear, I cannot make the up. I was talking to my oldest daughter, who stayed home because of her work, on FaceTime. This 20something girl sits down on a ledge next to me, with her friend and a 1-2 year old asleep in a stroller. I hear them talking while I am talking to Kim, but pay little attention as I am whining about my foot.

The next thing I know, the girl says "Is there any way I could pay you $20 for watching my son while we go ride this ride?"

WHAT????????

So I explain that I don't think it is a good idea, and explain how rider swap works, etc. She proceeds to tell me that she wants to be able to ride with her friend, and that he is asleep, so won't be any problem. I again tell her that if he woke up, he would be so upset, etc, trying to get the point across that this is a terrible idea. She then offers me $50. I finally tell her that she doesn't know me, for all she knows I could be a serial killer, and that my family should be out soon. She then gets mad, and walks away with her kid, telling me that she can't understand why I cannot just watch her kid. What the heck????

At this point, my mom and kids come back, and we headed back to the resort. It took me an hour just to walk from bus stop to preferred building at POR. By morning, I couldn't even really walk to the bathroom. It was bad.......
I'm not even sure which to comment on; the fact that you were injured and got very little help from the cast members or that someone offered you $ to watch their child so they could ride FOP ?!?!?!

sheriffwoody

1. I am SO sorry about your foot! It's one thing when you get hurt at home, but when you're miles away from the comforts of home, that's really hard. I hope it's feeling better by now.

2. HOLY CRAP that is insane that someone would ask a complete stranger to watch their kid in a theme park. I'm usually super non-judgmental on people having different parenting styles, but that's insanely dangerous. I sincerely hope no one took her up on that offer.

tabby1222

Original Poster
I'm not even sure which to comment on; the fact that you were injured and got very little help from the cast members or that someone offered you $ to watch their child so they could ride FOP ?!?!?!
Right! I was speechless. My mom told me I should have, just so I could turn the poor little guy over to a cast member and report him as abandoned. I probably should have......

1. I am SO sorry about your foot! It's one thing when you get hurt at home, but when you're miles away from the comforts of home, that's really hard. I hope it's feeling better by now.

2. HOLY CRAP that is insane that someone would ask a complete stranger to watch their kid in a theme park. I'm usually super non-judgmental on people having different parenting styles, but that's insanely dangerous. I sincerely hope no one took her up on that offer.
The foot is finally feeling back to normal. It was a super bad sprain to the entire bottom of my foot. I was in a boot for 8 weeks, along with crutches that I got off of in March, finally...... And yeah. I am not the best parent ever second of the day, so I normally reserve judgement, but this one had me seething.....

tabby1222

Original Poster
Ok, keeping these updates rolling while I enjoy my last day of spring break. We had a super late one this year, but positive side is only 25 more student days stand between me and summer! And summer means next trip. As well as other fun stuff, like finalizing an adoption in the next 6 months!!!!

So the next morning, we were headed out to Hollywood Studios. The stubborn side of me refused to give in and leave, so we went. Memaw arranged a ride in a golf cart to the bus stop, and that was a huge help, as I could put zero weight on my foot. But I figured waiting until the next day or two wasn't a huge deal, as we were heading back that night anyway. And the boys were WAY too pumped about our day, I didn't have it in me to let them down.

Waiting on the bus, finishing off popcorn from last night. :)

It was finally a bit less cold today, thankfully. Being from Illinois, the 50 degree weather was still better than home, but both times I have tried to go to Disney over Christmas time has been cold. When we went in high school, it was 30's, and I still had to wear my coat. I made due this time with a hoodie...... :(

Given a lack of being able to put much weight on my foot, Memaw went ahead when we got to HS, and grabbed a wheelchair. Not the way I wanted to attack my favorite park, but alas.....

Then we got into the park, and this. OMG. The stares and comments. But we made the best of it.

Memaw insisted on a photo for proof when I am old and forget, apparently....

I did learn that this park is not very accommodating for those with mobility issues. Each ride I tried to do I had to basically be able to walk on to, and stand in line. It was not fun, and took me forever to hobble around. Almost as long as it took to get this speed-altered scooter to go anywhere. And the people that would either stop dead in front of me, or walk in front of me and then yell at me for almost hitting them. I gained a new awareness and compassion for those who need these things at a park. Jeez, it was the longest, roughest day.....

Waiting on our Minnie's Seasonal Dine! I had read some not great reviews, but we had great food and service, so I couldn't complain... I also got my fave pic ever of my boys, so it all worked out perfectly.

Seriously, how cute are these faces?? This is totally going to be my Christmas card for next year!!!

The Fam

Tate and Memaw had gone for more food, so we took some selfies! Clearly Taylen hasn't met a person, character, or camera he doesn't love!

We caught the new Dance Party at HS, they thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a fun little show. Anything with music and dancing is always a good time in our house!!

The true highlight of the trip, as we never seemed to get one of these when we went over the summer.....

We also had one, only one this trip, that could do this!!!!!! Momma is not ready for these thrill seekers.... Tate is tall enough to be able to go this summer, finally! He was such a trooper about not being able to go. It was a proud momma moment for him, given his anger regulation issues. He got to go shopping with Memaw and get a cool pin, so I felt like it was a good trade off. The walk into this ride about killed me, with my foot. It was terrible......

After this, we were supposed to go to the new dinner at Wilderness Lodge with Snow White, but I was in so much pain, and knew I couldn't handle transferring that much, so the guest services cast members graciously cancelled our reservation with no charge, and we hung out for Fantasmic, which they had never seen. I headed towards the main entrance while they watched it with Memaw, as the stupid scooter was going to be a pain in that crowd leaving.

I have to say, HS at Christmas time is just magical. I have not been since high school for Christmas, and Disney World just does not disappoint. We had such a good time, even with how much pain I was in.

Rista1313

Ok, keeping these updates rolling while I enjoy my last day of spring break. We had a super late one this year, but positive side is only 25 more student days stand between me and summer! And summer means next trip. As well as other fun stuff, like finalizing an adoption in the next 6 months!!!!

So the next morning, we were headed out to Hollywood Studios. The stubborn side of me refused to give in and leave, so we went. Memaw arranged a ride in a golf cart to the bus stop, and that was a huge help, as I could put zero weight on my foot. But I figured waiting until the next day or two wasn't a huge deal, as we were heading back that night anyway. And the boys were WAY too pumped about our day, I didn't have it in me to let them down.
View attachment 366921
Waiting on the bus, finishing off popcorn from last night. :)

It was finally a bit less cold today, thankfully. Being from Illinois, the 50 degree weather was still better than home, but both times I have tried to go to Disney over Christmas time has been cold. When we went in high school, it was 30's, and I still had to wear my coat. I made due this time with a hoodie...... :(

Given a lack of being able to put much weight on my foot, Memaw went ahead when we got to HS, and grabbed a wheelchair. Not the way I wanted to attack my favorite park, but alas.....

Then we got into the park, and this. OMG. The stares and comments. But we made the best of it.
View attachment 366922
Memaw insisted on a photo for proof when I am old and forget, apparently....

I did learn that this park is not very accommodating for those with mobility issues. Each ride I tried to do I had to basically be able to walk on to, and stand in line. It was not fun, and took me forever to hobble around. Almost as long as it took to get this speed-altered scooter to go anywhere. And the people that would either stop dead in front of me, or walk in front of me and then yell at me for almost hitting them. I gained a new awareness and compassion for those who need these things at a park. Jeez, it was the longest, roughest day.....
View attachment 366923

Waiting on our Minnie's Seasonal Dine! I had read some not great reviews, but we had great food and service, so I couldn't complain... I also got my fave pic ever of my boys, so it all worked out perfectly.
View attachment 366925
Seriously, how cute are these faces?? This is totally going to be my Christmas card for next year!!!

View attachment 366926
The Fam
View attachment 366927 View attachment 366928
Tate and Memaw had gone for more food, so we took some selfies! Clearly Taylen hasn't met a person, character, or camera he doesn't love!

View attachment 366929
We caught the new Dance Party at HS, they thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a fun little show. Anything with music and dancing is always a good time in our house!!

The true highlight of the trip, as we never seemed to get one of these when we went over the summer.....
View attachment 366930

We also had one, only one this trip, that could do this!!!!!! Momma is not ready for these thrill seekers.... Tate is tall enough to be able to go this summer, finally! He was such a trooper about not being able to go. It was a proud momma moment for him, given his anger regulation issues. He got to go shopping with Memaw and get a cool pin, so I felt like it was a good trade off. The walk into this ride about killed me, with my foot. It was terrible......
View attachment 366931

After this, we were supposed to go to the new dinner at Wilderness Lodge with Snow White, but I was in so much pain, and knew I couldn't handle transferring that much, so the guest services cast members graciously cancelled our reservation with no charge, and we hung out for Fantasmic, which they had never seen. I headed towards the main entrance while they watched it with Memaw, as the stupid scooter was going to be a pain in that crowd leaving.

I have to say, HS at Christmas time is just magical. I have not been since high school for Christmas, and Disney World just does not disappoint. We had such a good time, even with how much pain I was in.

We didn't find the scooter a pain at all, you should have been able to just ride the scooter in most of the lines. Did you try or ask a cast member?

tabby1222

Original Poster
We didn't find the scooter a pain at all, you should have been able to just ride the scooter in most of the lines. Did you try or ask a cast member?

Yeah. I was told at RRC that I could transfer to a wheelchair, but my kiddo wouldn't have been able to roll me the whole way. I asked a cast member if there was anyone to assist, and was told no. It was not a very magical day, in terms of the assistance for issues.

Rista1313

Yeah. I was told at RRC that I could transfer to a wheelchair, but my kiddo wouldn't have been able to roll me the whole way. I asked a cast member if there was anyone to assist, and was told no. It was not a very magical day, in terms of the assistance for issues.

I know it varies by ride... and we did not go on Dinosaur or Everrest because of hubbys back. Everywhere we went he could ride the scooter all the way to loading.

tabby1222

Original Poster
So, we were going to try to get back two extra days over Christmas break, but only one happened, because of the foot. I went to ER the 26th, there was no way I was missing Christmas with the boys. :). Severe sprain along the entire bottom of my foot. No walking for awhile. I ended up with a boot for 8 weeks, and was on crutches until last month...... It was the WORST!

We did go back to Disney Springs one day, because I HAD to see the Kingdom Hearts experience. Disney Springs in a push wheelchair is the worst. My mom complained the whole time about pushing me, the boys complained about having to go slow, it was horrible. At one point I started sobbing in the middle of DS. So if you saw a girl crying in a wheelchair at DS, it was probably this girl.

We also went back on the 28th, to go to Epcot. It was the park we hadn't gotten to over our two nights, and I really wanted to go. I rented a dreaded scooter again. It still was the worst. But Epcot did a great job of trying to make things accessible. We started off the morning with this, it was so amazing!!

For reference, the right leg is the foot I hurt. You can see it turned to the side, no weight on it, and all of the swelling, even into my ankle. I didn't wear the boot this day. Don't tell the doctor!!!!

So Cute!!

So excited, always, for Figment!

Ready for our flight!

You can't tell, but clearly my hair looked amazing this day! :) Both boys and those hands up, constantly!

SO jealous! These chipmunks are my faves, but the boys are a smidge higher up on the chart! Loved this magic shot!!!

Remember when we discussed those ears, that Tate just had to have, even though the purple ones, which are his favorite color, were coming out in days? And remember when mom said that no matter what, she wasn't buying another pair of ears????

Mom was honest. And Tate spent the day stroking ears, saying how he should have waited. It was great. HE recognized that he should have waited, he knew I wasn't getting another pair, and he accepted it and didn't pout or beg or throw a fit. It was yet another super proud momma moment. He even watched another child throw a fit, and even told me, after the parent gave in, "that was not a good choice, mommy." Love for days for this kid.

We had a special dinner planned at San Angel Inn. Memaw wanted to try it, so we went to check in. We ended up waiting a really long time, and got told we couldn't check in until right at 4:30. When we came back at 4:25, they were checking in a huge line of people. The lady behind us was with her family, railing on her husband about the situation. I kind of chuckled, smiled at her, and went to sit on a bench with Tate. I said to him, "Oh, look, that nice lady has those pretty purple ears." He told me again that he LOVED them, and he should have waited on them.

*Magical Moment Alert*

She heard us, and came over and asked Tate if he was having fun. He talked to her for a few, and she asked if he had ears. He told her the long version of mommy telling him he should wait, but that he was too excited earlier in the week to wait. She told him that she had picked up a couple pair, for some people at home, but that since he was such a well-behaved, sweet and polite boy, that if it was OK with me, he could have a pair! OMG. Seriously, it made the entire trip. With all of the stress and bad luck and everything else, it made his day. I cried. Seriously, sobbed for my baby. I still wish I had gotten the lady to give me her name and number or address or something so I could have said a few more thank you's. We are absolutely paying it forward when we o this summer, as it meant so much to him. Look at that face!!!!!

He did let his brother try them on for about the time of a Spaceship Earth ride.

This small act of magical kindness made their days, and mine. I seriously wish I could tell her how much appreciated this was!!!

A few parting pics with my mischievous friends, and then we headed out.

It really was a great trip, even with all of the pain and scooter drama and whatnot. I really thought it was going to be ridiculous, given that it was all over Christmas week, but I really didn't think it was too terrible. It was definitely busier than in June/July when we went, but not as bad as I expected.

We are heading back in 57!!!!! days, and doing 5 nights at AS Movies. We also have the dining plan, so I am excited to eat my way through the park!

Thanks for reading, even though it took me forever to get it done...... It helped me pass the time without too much of the post Disney blues, because I was able to relive it as I wrote this. And now I am pumped for the next one!!!

Rista1313

So, we were going to try to get back two extra days over Christmas break, but only one happened, because of the foot. I went to ER the 26th, there was no way I was missing Christmas with the boys. :). Severe sprain along the entire bottom of my foot. No walking for awhile. I ended up with a boot for 8 weeks, and was on crutches until last month...... It was the WORST!

We did go back to Disney Springs one day, because I HAD to see the Kingdom Hearts experience. Disney Springs in a push wheelchair is the worst. My mom complained the whole time about pushing me, the boys complained about having to go slow, it was horrible. At one point I started sobbing in the middle of DS. So if you saw a girl crying in a wheelchair at DS, it was probably this girl.

We also went back on the 28th, to go to Epcot. It was the park we hadn't gotten to over our two nights, and I really wanted to go. I rented a dreaded scooter again. It still was the worst. But Epcot did a great job of trying to make things accessible. We started off the morning with this, it was so amazing!!
View attachment 367125
For reference, the right leg is the foot I hurt. You can see it turned to the side, no weight on it, and all of the swelling, even into my ankle. I didn't wear the boot this day. Don't tell the doctor!!!!

View attachment 367126
So Cute!!
View attachment 367127
So excited, always, for Figment!
View attachment 367128
Ready for our flight!
View attachment 367129
You can't tell, but clearly my hair looked amazing this day! :) Both boys and those hands up, constantly!
View attachment 367130
SO jealous! These chipmunks are my faves, but the boys are a smidge higher up on the chart! Loved this magic shot!!!

Remember when we discussed those ears, that Tate just had to have, even though the purple ones, which are his favorite color, were coming out in days? And remember when mom said that no matter what, she wasn't buying another pair of ears????

Mom was honest. And Tate spent the day stroking ears, saying how he should have waited. It was great. HE recognized that he should have waited, he knew I wasn't getting another pair, and he accepted it and didn't pout or beg or throw a fit. It was yet another super proud momma moment. He even watched another child throw a fit, and even told me, after the parent gave in, "that was not a good choice, mommy." Love for days for this kid.

We had a special dinner planned at San Angel Inn. Memaw wanted to try it, so we went to check in. We ended up waiting a really long time, and got told we couldn't check in until right at 4:30. When we came back at 4:25, they were checking in a huge line of people. The lady behind us was with her family, railing on her husband about the situation. I kind of chuckled, smiled at her, and went to sit on a bench with Tate. I said to him, "Oh, look, that nice lady has those pretty purple ears." He told me again that he LOVED them, and he should have waited on them.

*Magical Moment Alert*

She heard us, and came over and asked Tate if he was having fun. He talked to her for a few, and she asked if he had ears. He told her the long version of mommy telling him he should wait, but that he was too excited earlier in the week to wait. She told him that she had picked up a couple pair, for some people at home, but that since he was such a well-behaved, sweet and polite boy, that if it was OK with me, he could have a pair! OMG. Seriously, it made the entire trip. With all of the stress and bad luck and everything else, it made his day. I cried. Seriously, sobbed for my baby. I still wish I had gotten the lady to give me her name and number or address or something so I could have said a few more thank you's. We are absolutely paying it forward when we o this summer, as it meant so much to him. Look at that face!!!!!

View attachment 367131
View attachment 367132

He did let his brother try them on for about the time of a Spaceship Earth ride.
View attachment 367133

This small act of magical kindness made their days, and mine. I seriously wish I could tell her how much appreciated this was!!!

View attachment 367134

A few parting pics with my mischievous friends, and then we headed out.

It really was a great trip, even with all of the pain and scooter drama and whatnot. I really thought it was going to be ridiculous, given that it was all over Christmas week, but I really didn't think it was too terrible. It was definitely busier than in June/July when we went, but not as bad as I expected.

We are heading back in 57!!!!! days, and doing 5 nights at AS Movies. We also have the dining plan, so I am excited to eat my way through the park!

Thanks for reading, even though it took me forever to get it done...... It helped me pass the time without too much of the post Disney blues, because I was able to relive it as I wrote this. And now I am pumped for the next one!!!

Thanks for writing it! I still have 146 days! That was really sweet of that lady to give him ears, and he still learned his lesson, so that's a good thing too. Please put yourself in bubble wrap until your vacation!!!

tabby1222

Original Poster
Thanks for writing it! I still have 146 days! That was really sweet of that lady to give him ears, and he still learned his lesson, so that's a good thing too. Please put yourself in bubble wrap until your vacation!!!
This is actually the second injury on this AP...... When we went down over the summer, I slipped and pulled a muscle in my thigh. A sore week and a whole lot of ugly bruises, but not near as bad as this!!! Bubble wrap in bulk is necessary!

Songbird76

I think I would have been very wary of that situation. They don't know you...why are they offering you money to watch the kid? I would have been paranoid that they were trying to get rid of the kid....or that it wasn't really their kid. Maybe I'm too cynical, but I hope she was really just desperate to ride with her friend and that it wasn't something a whole lot more nefarious.

Songbird76

Congratulations on the adoption! That must be so exciting!!
My DD really loved this one pair of ears on our last WDW vacation. They were white with purple and had a crown and feather...beautiful, but $27. She had been saving her money and we had given them money for souvenirs and we went to World Of Disney just to buy the ears...until she saw the price. She was 10, and said "I could buy them....but think how many other things I could get with $27! How many pairs of earrings that is, or craft stuff! And I can only wear these for 2 weeks while we're here." So she decided not to buy them, and we make ears instead.

tabby1222

Original Poster
I think I would have been very wary of that situation. They don't know you...why are they offering you money to watch the kid? I would have been paranoid that they were trying to get rid of the kid....or that it wasn't really their kid. Maybe I'm too cynical, but I hope she was really just desperate to ride with her friend and that it wasn't something a whole lot more nefarious.
Had I been not dealing with the worst pain I think I have ever felt, I probably would have been a lot more proactive. I seriously still panic at times about this situation. It terrifies me that the poor kid got stolen or something.

Congratulations on the adoption! That must be so exciting!!
My DD really loved this one pair of ears on our last WDW vacation. They were white with purple and had a crown and feather...beautiful, but $27. She had been saving her money and we had given them money for souvenirs and we went to World Of Disney just to buy the ears...until she saw the price. She was 10, and said "I could buy them....but think how many other things I could get with $27! How many pairs of earrings that is, or craft stuff! And I can only wear these for 2 weeks while we're here." So she decided not to buy them, and we make ears instead.
Thanks! We are so excited.

I have seen many ears that are hand made and adorable. I am just too lazy. I make the t-shirts we usually wear with my Cricut, but beyond that, lazy!!!!!!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Thank you for the great report. What I really love about TR’s is how different each one is (and other people’s drama. Shhhh)
I agree about the bubble wrap!!! And get yourself a good travel first aid kit, then you will never need it. It’s like when you buy a new snow blower and it doesnt snow❄️

tabby1222

Original Poster
Thank you for the great report. What I really love about TR’s is how different each one is (and other people’s drama. Shhhh)
I agree about the bubble wrap!!! And get yourself a good travel first aid kit, then you will never need it. It’s like when you buy a new snow blower and it doesnt snow❄

We have a great first aid kit, that we never use. :) As far as the snowblower, I won't need one after the adoption is done.... But for this exact reason, I have never gotten one here in Illinois. We are moving much, much closer to the mouse! Like 45 minutes away!!! Cannot wait!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
We have a great first aid kit, that we never use. :) As far as the snowblower, I won't need one after the adoption is done.... But for this exact reason, I have never gotten one here in Illinois. We are moving much, much closer to the mouse! Like 45 minutes away!!! Cannot wait!
That is so exciting!!!
(Get a generator instead of a snowblower😉)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom