New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

JT3000

The horsey man photo. It goes across the entire space behind him.

EDIT: A visual guide to the metal slats

Last edited:

Quinnmac000

1_Blast-Ended-Skrewt.jpg

For the first time ever, you’ll be able to come face-to-face (or face-to-rear) with a Blast-Ended Skrewt on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Described as a cross between scorpions and elongated crabs, Skrewts aren’t afraid to attack other Skrewts they encounter and have incredibly strong armor that can’t be penetrated by spells – proving to be a challenge for Hagrid since they hatched.

On your journey through the Forbidden Forest during Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, you’ll encounter Blast-Ended Skrewts up to 8 feet long with tails up to ten-feet high and topped with a massive stinger. The Blast-Ended Skrewt is the main lesson for the day but, as with all adventures with Hagrid, things don’t always go to plan…

Fun Facts:

• Blast-Ended Skrewts were first introduced in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and also mentioned in Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • As you may have read in the book, Hagrid created these unique creatures by crossbreeding Fire Crabs and Manticores – fierce creatures in their own right
  • Skrewts create actual fire from their ‘blasting-ends,’ igniting at random intervals – so be wary during your encounter
  • Even if you’re far enough to avoid their fire, watch out as you may still catch a whiff of their powerful scent… known to smell like rotting fish
And these aren’t the only creatures you may encounter on your journey with Hagrid:

• You may hear some Thestrals near the carriages
  • Look out for sculptures of various magical creatures living in the black lake, including Merpeople (mysterious underwater-dwelling beasts) and Grindylows (horned, pale-green water demons)
  • Keep your ears tuned for the voices of gnomes- they’re known to scurry about the grounds
  • And even more surprises!

JT3000

I'm guessing the skrewts (plural?) are in the hut building. I'm curious to see if there's an actual fire effect involved.

Does anyone know anything about the queue yet? I've heard nothing about it, which is odd given how detailed Potter queues tend to be. I'll be a bit disappointed if there's no AAs in the queue, all things considered. I'm also wondering what they did with the goblet of fire prop. I feel like that should be preserved and moved elsewhere.

Rob562

so these are actual AA's and not static figures?

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the pixies are static figures that will move and jiggle because what they're attached to will move. (Parts of the car)

But all the others should be moving figures/AA's. There was even a photo at one point of the Skrewt AA being hoisted into the hut/barn without its skin on.

-Rob

GLaDOS

so these are actual AA's and not static figures?

Fluffy and the Skrewt are definitely AAs. Uni calls the Skrewt one of the most lifelike and advanced figures it's ever made in the media materials.

Are you looking at the tree trunk? To the left of that. I don't see any texture between each slat, just a flat surface.

Yea, I'm looking at the same thing you are. It definitely has a texture on it.

OG Runner

Well, their faces look less human and more alien. Just off to me. I get I’m in the minority and that’s okay too. :)

Like the Skrewt, these are not the same centaurs that were in the movie. That is why they don't look the same.
The Clydesdale centaurs are still dragging Umbridge through the woods. Turns out she really enjoyed it, but that
is a completely different subject.

JustInTime

Like the Skrewt, these are not the same centaurs that were in the movie. That is why they don't look the same.
The Clydesdale centaurs are still dragging Umbridge through the woods. Turns out she really enjoyed it, but that
is a completely different subject.
That actually make sense if true. The designs of these creatures are better than the movies anyway. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom