Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
AK continued

The crowd started to move at 7:30 and we were led to the Tree of Life.

After standing here for a minute or 2, we continued on to Pandora.

Obviously we were rope dropping FoP.

We didn’t have to wait real long. I didn’t take any pictures inside the queue, but we were on in about 25-30mins.

We looked around a bit inside Windtraders.

We saw a bored looking PP photographer, so we gave him something to do.

This was my 1st time seeing Pandora in person during the day. Even though it was cloudy, everything was still beautiful!

Up next: More AK

LeighM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Maggie. My mom had to put my childhood playmate, Prince, to sleep while I was away at college because of cancer. It was horrible even though we knew the end was coming close. I thought I should've been there. I only hope that my doggie soulmate today, Pippy, dies peacefully in his sleep. Because I don't think I could ever watch him suffer with cancer and sometimes I doubt whether I have the strength to make the decision of euthanasia. Your Maggie went very peacefully and that's all we can ask for with our loved ones.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I still need to frame mine from last year. We got dumbo.
There’s a Dumbo one?! All we’ve ever gotten is 3 Mickeys (4 now) and 1 one Minnie.

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember losing my cat during the fall semester of my freshman year and it was awful. My thoughts are with you & your family ❤
Thanks Becca. I really do appreciate it.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Maggie. My mom had to put my childhood playmate, Prince, to sleep while I was away at college because of cancer. It was horrible even though we knew the end was coming close. I thought I should've been there. I only hope that my doggie soulmate today, Pippy, dies peacefully in his sleep. Because I don't think I could ever watch him suffer with cancer and sometimes I doubt whether I have the strength to make the decision of euthanasia. Your Maggie went very peacefully and that's all we can ask for with our loved ones.
Thank you. Although I’m completely heartbroken, I’m glad it happened the way it did and that she didn’t have to battle with cancer.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
AK continued

There was still 20mins left of EMH. Our plan was to head over to Dinoland and hop on DINOSAUR before the park opened to non resort guests.

This might be my favorite carving.

Ok, the buffalo is pretty cool.

The kangaroos were out in full force!

The posted wait time was 15min but we waited closer to 20.

The gallery was kind of packed.

Next up: More DINOSAUR

LisaBelle

EPCOT continued

My destination was the Yorkshire County Fish Shop, somewhere I hadn’t eaten in 3 or 4 trips. (used to be a regular) At the beginning of March, they added a new item to the menu and I couldn’t wait to try it.

Chicken and Mushroom Pie (with chips)
View attachment 362769
Ok y’all, this thing was sooo freaking good!

This was another item that AJ from DFB had been hyping up, and for good reason. The picture doesn’t do it justice, but this thing was huge and stuffed full of chicken, mushrooms, gravy, and flavor! It also came with a lot of chips. (almost couldn’t finish them all) This addition is exactly what a lacking YCFS needed! For the price and the amount of food you get, it’s definitely a better deal than the fish ‘n’ chips. Hope it’s permanent!

I grabbed a nearby table and told L where I was. She arrived a few minutes later with her croissant sandwich from Les Halles. I can’t remember which kind she had, but she said it was good.

After we ate, we strolled through the U.K. pavilion before getting our spot for IllumiNations.
View attachment 362770View attachment 362771View attachment 362772

The viewing area on the island between the U.K. and France that’s usually roped off for FP and dinner/dessert parties was vacant!

View attachment 362773
We had the perfect spot!

View attachment 362774View attachment 362775

The area slowly began to fill up as people realized there was nobody over here, but it wasn’t a large crowd.

View attachment 362776
Doing the Lord’s work.

It was a little cold and windy, but things warmed up when the torches came on.
View attachment 362777
View attachment 362778
It looks like the tree behind the torch is on fire. :hilarious:

It was still 30mins until showtime, but the pre-show music was setting the tone and I was getting excited.

Next up: IllumiNations overload!

We lucked into that same spot for Illuminations in 2014. Best view we ever had. It was my favorite performance of Illuminations. Glad you had such a great spot for your farewell.

MeeskaMooska0714

Finally all caught up with this one. First off, I am so sorry for the loss of Maggie! Losing a pet is never easy as they are a special part of your family. It's good to know that she didn't suffer for even a moment, and what a beautiful grave site for her!

I am loving all of your pictures - and that chocolate mousse from Sunshine Seasons looks amazing! I've added it to my list for June! :)

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. It's heartbreaking! 😢
Thank you for sharing the great photos of AK!!! 🆒 I can't wait to explore Pandora!!
Thank you

We lucked into that same spot for Illuminations in 2014. Best view we ever had. It was my favorite performance of Illuminations. Glad you had such a great spot for your farewell.
It’s a great spot and your line of vision isn’t really blocked by anything.
So sorry for the loss of your sweet Maggie. It is truly heartbreaking to lose a pet.
Thank you.

Finally all caught up with this one. First off, I am so sorry for the loss of Maggie! Losing a pet is never easy as they are a special part of your family. It's good to know that she didn't suffer for even a moment, and what a beautiful grave site for her!

I am loving all of your pictures - and that chocolate mousse from Sunshine Seasons looks amazing! I've added it to my list for June! :)
Thank you for your condolences.

Definitely get the Oreo chocolate mousse if it’s still there! If it’s not, there’s usually some form of chocolate mousse at Seasons year round.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
DINOSAUR continued

After DINOSAUR, we headed over to Harambe for our 1st FP of the day.

Before we went on KS, L wanted to stop at Kusafiri and get some coffee. The line was insanely long, but L was adamant that she had to have her coffee. While she waited in line, I decided to hit up Gorilla Falls.

:( It felt very weird not going to Rafiki’s. It’s suppose to reopen soon. I hope they didn’t change it too much.

You can’t see it, but there’s an okapi way in the back.

The zebras were actually out!

Up next: More GF

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
GF continued

The gorilla area was crowded as usual, so I moved on after a few minutes.

One of the CMs was talking about how important it is for us to take care of the Earth and to not abuse our natural resources. He went on to say that in order to promote a greener planet, the medals for the Olympic Games in Tokyo next year are being made from recycled cell phones and computers. I think that’s really cool!

L texted me and said that she had her coffee. It was perfect timing because I was exiting GF.

We met in front of KS.

It was time for a safari!

The FP line looked longer than it really was. We only waited 10mins.

Row 1! And yes, that dude looks little creeped out. :hilarious:

Next up: More KS

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
KS continued

I can’t remember our guide’s name, but he was very meh and didn’t like to stop so people could take pictures. He also wasn’t real knowledgeable about the animals either. Whenever someone would ask him a question, 9 times out of 10 his response would be “I’m not sure” or “that’s a great question” then immediately change the subject.

I apologize in advance if my pictures aren’t the greatest, but you can blame our guide for that.

Here’s some greater kudu

These birds were hanging around the vehicle.

Some bongo

The 1st of many rhinos we saw on this safari.

Up next: Will we see Augustus?

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
KS continued

Rhinos!

This might just be the closest I’ve ever gotten to the rhinos before.

They’re such majestic animals.

It’s hard to see but there are 2 cheetahs roaming around.

More Rhinos!

Here comes one 1 of the 2 that we had just saw.

This was the only pic of the lions that I got.

They weren’t in the best spot and our guide wasn’t about the whole stopping so people could take pictures thing. :rolleyes:

We didn’t see any more animals and our safari came to an end.

A couple of male gorillas were out on the side of the enclosure near the KS exit.

This guy was sacked out.

Next up: More AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom