MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

NYwdwfan

I will preface this by saying I don't like ARod. However, I do like that he knows and appears to accept he will be forever linked to PEDs and really tarnished what would have been a Hall of Fame career.

Last night on ESPN's SNB telecast they had Hank Aaron in the booth for several innings. I could listen to him tell stories for days. He is truly a fascinating, outrageously talented and yet unbelievably humble man. So one of the commentators, I forget who, asked Aaron what it's like to be probably the ONLY person in the world who could walk into Cooperstown and say, "where's my locker?". Before Aaron had a change to respond, ARod said, "well I certainly can't!".

MattC

I heard that A-Rod kept mispronouncing Markakis as Markarcass. I really dislike that broadcast team.
As do I. I had the sound down once Aaron left the booth. I’d rather watch in silence. And the Mets are on ESPN again tonight. I am hoping SNY has it too - Google says it will. I can’t do two nights in a row with those 3.

A-Rod mispronounced names, got some names wrong, and mixed up some position players. Horrible telecast by ESPN. And while I did enjoy the Hank Aaron portion, is it necessary to have the camera on the booth the entire time and not on the field? I tune in to watch the game. Not an interview.

I hope it is on SNY for you. Last nights Braves game wasn't on FSS and blacked out on MLB of course. Only choice I had was ESPN.

NYwdwfan

A-Rod mispronounced names, got some names wrong, and mixed up some position players. Horrible telecast by ESPN. And while I did enjoy the Hank Aaron portion, is it necessary to have the camera on the booth the entire time and not on the field? I tune in to watch the game. Not an interview.

I hope it is on SNY for you. Last nights Braves game wasn't on FSS and blacked out on MLB of course. Only choice I had was ESPN.
Last night was blacked out for me as well but tonight I have my SNY team - I’m so happy!!!

artvandelay

Last night was blacked out for me as well but tonight I have my SNY team - I’m so happy!!!
The SNY broadcasters are some of the best in the business. Mets fans are lucky to have three people who understand the game and can communicate it to fans. Not one “homer” in the tv or radio booth.

NYwdwfan

The SNY broadcasters are some of the best in the business. Mets fans are lucky to have three people who understand the game and can communicate it to fans. Not one “homer” in the tv or radio booth.
Agreed. It always surprises me that after years of Ron & Keith providing commentary I still hear stories I’ve never heard before.

MattC

The Braves have had better folks in the booth in the past. But Chip and Jeff aren't bad. I think Byrd's sideline reporting is good.

I enjoy the nights Glavine is in the booth.

Lucky

Highest batting average in the Giants’ lineup tonight is .228. They’re hitting .199 as a team. Cleveland is .196. Astros and Dodgers at top with .280 and .279.

Mariners have scored most runs, 130, Tigers only 40.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom