Trip Report THE ONE WHERE THE FRIENDS GO TO DISNEY; ALMOST LIVE IN APRIL.

Day one sort of/ April 1

Why “almost live”? To give myself the loophole if I can not handle it

Truth be told, I am sitting in the airport now. It’s 5:30 and I have a 6:10 am flight to FLL. If you have “traveled” with me before you know I multi task when I am down in Florida. My son has a lacrosse game tonight. I will head up to Disney tomorrow.

Who is going on this trip? My friend K and I. We met when our oldest were in the same first grade class. We were the class moms and became fast friends. (So did the boys) She divorced some years later and moved to the north shore. (I am on the south shore). We do not see each other as often as we want but we see each other when we can.
She had a birthday in December and asked if I wanted to go to the city for the weekend. Lets see...NYC in December? NO THANK YOU! I countered with Florida in April. We took our youngest to WDW last April and had a great time

See Dre’s happy face in the back? Told you we had a great time!!!

She is a ton of fun! We will be taking it easy and enjoying the resort more than normal. She is not a huge ride/parks person but will do it for me and for the adventure.

Ok. Time to board. B8. Not too bad.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Wow, I don't go on wdwmagic for 12 hours and I miss all this! So sorry you had to deal with this!

I'm guessing you fly into Islip? We used to like that airport when my sister would fly to college because it was small (pre-9/11 so we could get pretty close to the gate with her), but sometimes size does matter and the hassle was too much for us to use it often.
Generally love ISP. It was the curfew that got us. But SW knows about the curfew so they really are to blame.
But we love the ease, convenience and of course the free parking at Islip.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
:hilarious: you crack me up (egg pun intended). Glad you made it on the airplane! We flew out of DC yesterday and I was worried the plane would get delayed because of the storm system moving through. So jealous of your many Disney adventures. Take me with you! :arghh:
The storm followed me home☔️⛈

ok BYOP, good to know, thanks!
I wish I could bring my pillow. It’s one of those heavy supportive type things. (Bad neck issues solved by this pillow!) It would take up 2/3 of my carry on.
At the Baltimore airport this morning, K and I were passing food options. She saw an Einstein bagel store and actually said, “a bagel sounds good.” What??? You know I am not a bagel fan but if I am going to eat one I will be a little more selective. Lucky for her, after waiting in line for 5 minutes the lady behind the counter announced to the long line that she would not help anyone for 20 minutes because she had to clean.
K, we are not in Disney World anymore....🏰

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Perhaps I should finish up???
We made it home but boy was it a turbulent ride. No beverage service for us. K and I both got aisle seats about halfway back (thanks to the lovely gate agent who gave us “xtra time” boarding passes). One of the men we had been chatting with in the first bar sat in the middle seat next to me. K had a nightmare couple next to her. One of the crazy, cursing ladies was on our plane. Did I tell you about them? I was pretty traumatized. And embarrassed!! Anyhow, I had helped the crazy ladies husband retrieve his bag from the overhead compartment on the first flight. He was so nice and soft spoken. I asked if he heard all the screaming and f bombs and he just said yes but in an astonished kind of way. Meanwhile he was married to the ring leader. (I am a f n therapist! I work at one of the biggest f n hospitals in new york. My f n patients need me. Dont f with new Yorkers.....) and on and on!
We landed, said good bye and no sooner did I jump in Ant’s car then it started to pour.
Mother nature found me. ⛈☔☹️

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Have a happy Easter in Florida. We leave tonight for St. Augustine. Safe travels!
Thank you. I hope you have a great trip as well. Fingers crossed for good weather!!
thanks for completing another Chronicle

Look forward to the next one

Happy Easter

Max
Dude! I thought you got in trouble for using Chronicles with me. Tuvula is watching. Always watching.
Happy Easter to you and your family!!!

PIV OT!

Sometimes I just yell it out of nowhere, my husband just looks at me and shakes his head.

Ha ha. My youngest had a lacrosse game yesterday. He made a move and I yelled out to Ant, “did you see that PI VOT?” We of course died laughing.

Excellent trip report! Thanks for bringing us along!

Thanks for coming along. And the commentary. It makes me happy😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom