Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

halltd

The camera that were referred to record you as you walk into and out of the garage. As well as. The camera that take pictures of license plates as you enter the garage. Also if you now look at the new system there will be a red blinking light that appears. This light lets them know that a car has been there for a long tine and is likely a cast member. Now they can record the information of the car and eventually have a discussion with the cat member
I’m assuming if that’s the case, they could flag the vehicle as a cast member or someone parking at springs to go to the parks? Maybe they’re going to start busses to the parks earlier in the day again?

mm121

The camera that were referred to record you as you walk into and out of the garage. As well as. The camera that take pictures of license plates as you enter the garage. Also if you now look at the new system there will be a red blinking light that appears. This light lets them know that a car has been there for a long tine and is likely a cast member. Now they can record the information of the car and eventually have a discussion with the cat member
That is really super stalkerish!!

DisneyCane

Third parking garage isn’t just for guests it’s for employees. So you wanted have many guests except maybe weekends and holidays. They didn’t connect it to the lime garage so they can track employees not parking in the line garage. Why no covering that’s something I don’t understand employees will get we because they have to get to work on time

Why is rain such a big deal? Before the garages, if it rained you got wet in the parking lot. CMs at the parks get wet because the parking lots are surface lots. The garages weren't built to keep people dry, they were built to add parking capacity.

mm121

I will say this. On my most recent visit to WDW last month, I entered one time from the Disney Springs entrance side of the property.
As I drove between the two parking garages I felt like I was in a city. Those garages are so big and so gray and bland.
I am not a fan.

1. Disney Springs was redesigned to have a certain aesthetic. These garages don't come close to matching that aesthetic.
  2. One of the charms of then Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) was seeing it from the road. It had a specific look to it and it was welcoming. With these new garages you can't see Disney Springs unless you are right by cirque.
  3. They don't even match the architecture or design of the cross walks.
All Disney had to do was make them less sterile and generic looking and giving them a little bit of charm and they would look better.
Agreed they aren't pretty.

Maybe they were going for a similar experience to visiting Animal Kingdom where the parking lot was left bleak and barren so you'd enjoy the jungle of the park more one you got up close to it.

They could have easily themed the outside to look like old warehouse or something.

That wouldn't be super pretty either but at least would have matched the story of it being a town that was revitalized

mm121

VIDEO - Drive through of the new Grapefruit Parking Garage at Disney Springs
Looks great.

Interesting that they put stairs at the end of the walkway instead of escalators, but I guess it makes since if they are able to find a way to enforce employees parking here as that would mean less pedestrian movements from customers.

I would have designed it with a second pedestrian bridge on the other end of the garage to allow easier access to the west side and town center.

Walt d

Agreed they aren't pretty.

Maybe they were going for a similar experience to visiting Animal Kingdom where the parking lot was left bleak and barren so you'd enjoy the jungle of the park more one you got up close to it.

They could have easily themed the outside to look like old warehouse or something.

That wouldn't be super pretty either but at least would have matched the story of it being a town that was revitalized
Looks like a great place for my skate and a little down the ramp action. No moving sidewalks for across the street ?

Disone

So the new grapefruit garage is slightly larger than lime. It has 13 Rows versus lines 12 but smaller than oranges 14.

Within those Rows Orange has widest rows at 25 parking spots, grapefruit is 20 and lime's widest rows are only 17 spots.

Orange has three means of exiting and two of them have merging ramps that do not require coming to a stop how to traffic light. Lime has two ways to exit. Only one merging lane that does not require stopping at a traffic light. Grapefruit has two exits one for the first floor, and one for floors two through five. Neither of them have the option to just merge into the traffic, they both end at a traffic light. It's interesting that the first floor exit routes you all the way to the team Disney building. Exits for floors two through five exit right by the casting center.

One thing I learned from a recent New Year's Eve visit is that the orange garage exits much nicer than the lime garage did. Even though it is much larger the orange garage cleared out sooner than the lime garage did. For that reason I kind of worry about grapefruit on extremely busy nights when everyone leaves at the same time. But in the end grapefruit is adding an additional 2700ish (guesstimate) spaces. For me it will be treated as the garage of Last Resort, and while it does have some design opportunities, it is Light years better than the current surface lot option of parking by team Disney.

Disone

I would thing the lengthy bridge would string out a large crowd exiting DS all at once.
Not the people, the cars. But in regard to people, Also there is only one elevator on the Springs end of the pedestrian overpasses. Stroller and wheelchairs could que up on heavier traffic night and bummer when the elevator has down time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom