Trip Report THE ONE WHERE THE FRIENDS GO TO DISNEY; ALMOST LIVE IN APRIL.

Day one sort of/ April 1

Why “almost live”? To give myself the loophole if I can not handle it

Truth be told, I am sitting in the airport now. It’s 5:30 and I have a 6:10 am flight to FLL. If you have “traveled” with me before you know I multi task when I am down in Florida. My son has a lacrosse game tonight. I will head up to Disney tomorrow.

Who is going on this trip? My friend K and I. We met when our oldest were in the same first grade class. We were the class moms and became fast friends. (So did the boys) She divorced some years later and moved to the north shore. (I am on the south shore). We do not see each other as often as we want but we see each other when we can.
She had a birthday in December and asked if I wanted to go to the city for the weekend. Lets see...NYC in December? NO THANK YOU! I countered with Florida in April. We took our youngest to WDW last April and had a great time

See Dre’s happy face in the back? Told you we had a great time!!!

She is a ton of fun! We will be taking it easy and enjoying the resort more than normal. She is not a huge ride/parks person but will do it for me and for the adventure.

Ok. Time to board. B8. Not too bad.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Was just reading about your delays - hope you get airborne soon! We’re supposed to get some nasty weather in VA in just a bit - severe thunderstorms and a tornado watch. I hear the wind picking up now. Hopefully you’ll be high up enough though for it not to affect you!
Thanks for the good wishes but....

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Here is the deal. Our airport is a tiny airport owned by the community. We have a curfew at the airport. I feel like an idiot as I forgot about it but a SW manager said the curfew wouldnt apply to us. Again I feel stupid because of course it would apply to us.

Some people were waiting since 3:30 or so and did not recieve the cancellation notice well. Security was called. While the FLIDS screamed and hollered and demanded I quietly got the last two seats on the first flight out tomorrow. Then booked the last room in the closest hotel.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I was wondering about a landing curfew when you get posting about delays. Ours is a major airport but the curfew is midnight for takeoffs and landings. Luckily it has never happened to me, but if the delay happens while in flight they have to divert to another airport 2 hours away and because it is usually low cost airlines that fly so late, you’re often on your own for getting home.

Hope the airport hotel has comfy beds 😀

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I was wondering about a landing curfew when you get posting about delays. Ours is a major airport but the curfew is midnight for takeoffs and landings. Luckily it has never happened to me, but if the delay happens while in flight they have to divert to another airport 2 hours away and because it is usually low cost airlines that fly so late, you’re often on your own for getting home.

Hope the airport hotel has comfy beds 😀
Wow!
Yes comfy Hampton bed. So tired though.

Rista1313

Thanks. We made it through security and are waiting at the gate. To add insult to injury, my nice B3 position is now a C you at the back, in the middle, with no overhead bin space.

I was thinking about that when you said you got the last 2 seats..and usually the last two seats usually means the flight is oversold. But hey, if you have time to kill, it might be worth volunteering!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Update.
K AND I ARE ON THE AIRPLANE!!!

We have to change planes in Baltimore so I went to the desk to confirm that. Then I mentioned how we had had great boarding assignments, “adding insult to injury” we now didnt. She reprinted out boarding passes to give us the “extra time” feature. She told me not to tell people how nice Southwest is.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
are the pull out beds there fairly comfy?
Would appear so!!😂
Actually I slept in the pullout because I prefer a firmer bed. It is pretty firm but I have no complaints about it. The pillows though. I could complain about those.

Spash007

Wow, I don't go on wdwmagic for 12 hours and I miss all this! So sorry you had to deal with this!

I'm guessing you fly into Islip? We used to like that airport when my sister would fly to college because it was small (pre-9/11 so we could get pretty close to the gate with her), but sometimes size does matter and the hassle was too much for us to use it often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom