Should I start my reservation on 10/31 or 11/1?

Minnie1986

Hey all. I’m planning a trip that technically begins on 10/31; meaning that my flight leaves home on the night of the 31st, but lands just after 12am on the 1st. I’m about to make hotel reservations and am wondering if I should do so with a start date of 11/1, instead of 10/31. I’d hate to pay for that extra day and pay for an extra day of the dining plan knowing I won’t use it. Does it make sense to do it this way? Can I arrange for a check in time that early?

drizgirl

If you don't want the dining plan for that extra day, then you'll need a room only reservation somewhere that first night. Even if you get your room for 11/1 early, it won't be THAT early. Check-in likely has an official start time, probably something like 6 AM. Even then it's highly unlikely a room will be available to you then. I'd suggest staying somewhere near the airport.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
If you don't want the dining plan for that extra day, then you'll need a room only reservation somewhere that first night. Even if you get your room for 11/1 early, it won't be THAT early. Check-in likely has an official start time, probably something like 6 AM. Even then it's highly unlikely a room will be available to you then. I'd suggest staying somewhere near the airport.
That’s what I was thinking, but i would literally only be in the room by the airport for a few hours. My thinking was we get to sleep as soon as possible after getting settled and then hit the parks. 🧐

Upvote 0

drizgirl

That’s what I was thinking, but i would literally only be in the room by the airport for a few hours. My thinking was we get to sleep as soon as possible after getting settled and then hit the parks. 🧐
Doesn't matter. You can't check into your new room in the middle of the night the night prior. Unless you have somewhere else to go when you arrive in the wee hours of the morning, you're going to need to pay for a room somewhere.

Upvote 0

SaltyD

Can you check into a hotel near the airport with a shuttle , go get some sleep there, and then take the shuttle back early the next morning to the airport to take Magical Express to Disney, and then drop your bags at your resort for Bell services to hold and head into a park. So start your Disney vacation with a check in of 11/1 but arrive to Orlando on 10/31.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Can you check into a hotel near the airport with a shuttle , go get some sleep there, and then take the shuttle back early the next morning to the airport to take Magical Express to Disney, and then drop your bags at your resort for Bell services to hold and head into a park. So start your Disney vacation with a check in of 11/1 but arrive to Orlando on 10/31.
I’m looking into that as well. I’m basically trying to avoid having to pay for a day of the dining plan (10/31) that i won’t use.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Book a room only reservation for the night of the 31st and then start your package on 11/1. You can do a continuing reservation if you book the room only at the same hotel with the same room type. Chances are you will not need to switch rooms.

Pam

Upvote 0

Dave B

We have done it both ways, We have arrived late and stayed offsite at a hotel for free with points, and we get up and rope drop a park and leave our stuff in the car and wait for the room text. We have also stayed the night when we arrived after midnight, I must say it was great to stay in the room from the start, but it did save us some decent cash staying offsite the first night. You will get the extra dining credits which is nice and an extra day of $10 gift card if you opt out of housekeeping, you kind of have to weigh it all out

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom