Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

The coke product thing is unpredicidented yet some people in some parts of the internet are salty that they even have name-brand beverages in the land whatsoever. What did you expect? Guess what, you’ll probably have to pay for it in American dollars next to the lady wearing Mickey ears and the kid with a Star Wars logo on his shirt. Sorry, some things can’t and shouldn’t be eliminated, and a theme park land will never be truly immersive. Let your brain block out necessary real-world elements and enjoy what it is.

If anything I’m complaining in the other direction. I think this creates an unfortunate operational double-standard that too directly devalues existing areas and the money could’ve been put to better use. I also don’t see this lasting long-term. Only until the rioters aren’t looking.
To play devils advocate sure you can’t control what guests are wearing in the land or the method of payment but you can control what you’re selling. Tbh I wasn’t expecting coke to be available at all just like in Harry Potter. It’s an interesting take on it but it didn't need this kind of reveal.

No Name

To play devils advocate sure you can’t control what guests are wearing in the land or the method of payment but you can control what you’re selling. Tbh I wasn’t expecting coke to be available at all just like in Harry Potter. It’s an interesting take on it but it didn't need this kind of reveal.

The brain has a natural tendency to turn a blind eye to everyday commodities that don’t make sense in themed environments. Few people consciously notice that they sell standard Coke in themed environments that shouldn’t have it. However, after visiting Star Wars Land, they will consciously notice that these other areas have standard Coke. Guests won’t naturally turn a blind eye to it anymore. This is why I’m a big proponent of, if you’re going to implement an operational standard in one area, implement it everywhere. I understand if you disagree.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1. That pseudo-Aurebesh is an abomination.

2. Dillon is a very popular Galactic name.

View attachment 353099

Alright, Stormtrooper "Dillon", just calm down now.

Mike S

The brain has a natural tendency to turn a blind eye to everyday commodities that don’t make sense in themed environments. Few people consciously notice that they sell standard Coke in themed environments that shouldn’t have it. However, after visiting Star Wars Land, they will consciously notice that these other areas have standard Coke. Guests won’t naturally turn a blind eye to it anymore. This is why I’m a big proponent of, if you’re going to implement an operational standard in one area, implement it everywhere. I understand if you disagree.
I understand that thought as well. Never said I disagreed.

sedati

GIve it a another watch and pay attention to the background screen. At 0:18 you can see the lighting change dramatically- likely when the hanger roof opens up before the Falcon is revealed. (Perhaps there is some expectation built up over the course of the queue experience over which ship we'll actually be piloting. Remember, the ride is called "Smuggler's Run," and not "Falcon Ride." We do pass through Hondo's repair shop beforehand, and I could see it being set up as a joke where we're told that unfortunately we're not getting one of his better ships, a hunk of junk to tell the truth, and the Falcon is revealed as we all hoped.)

Last edited:

TJJohn12

That pseudo-Aurebesh is an abomination.

I’m both loving and hating it at the same time. Having everything in Aurebesh in GE would be insane, so it’s a fun-if-also-ham-fisted solution. But I really wish everything could just be in Aurebesh with really good pictograms accompanying.

Then again, what’s the pictogram for Dillon or Quyhn?

Surferboy567

I just had a thought about Savi’s Workshop. Why don’t they just build an identical room in the building (like falcon) so they can push more people though the experience. Surely the investment would be worth it considering how much they stand to make with these sabers. It has such a low capacity that it worries me it’s going to be hard to get in there. Everyone is going to want a saber.

Surferboy567

We should be discussing this. These are the Droid-Depot build your own droid. I’d imagine it’s gonna be all about the sabers tommorow. I’m not sure what to think about the droids, I’m a little underwhelmed but the sabers make up for it. Of course I say I’m underwhelmed now but it’s gonna be hard not to adopt a droid when I’m on a fully immersive Star Wars planet. Thoughts? It appears they are like fully customizable small RC droids controlled with a remote.

EDIT: If you want to see it for yourself you can find it here (-50.26 is the time stamp but that will change as the day goes on)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom