Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

jrhwdw

Well Easter soft opened yesterday in TDR and I'm not seeing The full Tip Top Easter on YT which is very odd. YT Problems with the full show?????

mickeyfan5534

Well Easter soft opened yesterday in TDR and I'm not seeing The full Tip Top Easter on YT which is very odd. YT Problems with the full show?????
Apparently, they're pulling a Rivers of Light on the music for the show, as far as google translate shows with the few full videos up

ThemeParkTraveller

TDR attendance numbers for 2018 have been released, and last year was the highest recorded in the resort's history. It seems the 35th anniversary was a huge draw despite there being no new attractions. I am curious to see how attendance continues to grow once the expansions open.

2018: 32,558,000 persons
2017: 30,100,000 persons
2016: 30,004,000 persons
2015: 30,191,000 persons
2014: 31,377,000 persons (record-setting high up to this time)
2013: 31,298,000 persons
2012: 27,503,000 persons

SweetDuffy101

Funny thing is that OLC is saying USAPIYO AND USATAMA arent suppose together at all cost they’re saying that they’re different and Guest Who goes to each park can only show, Its only designated character, again they dont allow both easter character interaction at all.

and many guests were kinda confuse with the crazy rule and even the security is saying dont take it out of the bag.

BrianLo

There is a new OLC Disneyland Japan facing website that contains some new details (forgive me if some are reiterations).

A repeat confirmation on Spring 2020 as the opening timeframe for all the New Fantasyland Stuff.

I don't think we knew the name - Beauty and the Beast: "The Magical Story".

Another repeat confirmation that the Beauty and the Beast: "The Magical Story" attraction is 8 minutes long.
-Note that makes it longer than Hunny Hunt AND JTTCOE combined.

Maurice's cottage is Fastpass distribution and entrance closet to Toontown.

I ?think this is the first look inside the stores we've had.

The stores are all the buildings flanking the back of Baymax.

The main food and beverage appears to be a slightly more realized La Taverne De Gaston (200 seat quick serve, so definitely more realized than Florida).

Le Fouze is a small scale food facility (appears they share a kitchen with Gaston's) + there is a popcorn cart in the land (Le Petit Popper) we've seen before.

The main restaurants take up the main facility in the village flanking the berm.

--------

Looks like we have confirmation the show in the new Fantasyland Theatre will be unique to TDL. Based on the description it sounds like a Magical Map/Mickey and the Magician/Wonderous Book type structured show.

The only slight query I have is that I thought the Mystic Rhythms facility was essentially doing that this year.

(Also WHY does Florida of all places not have a show like that).

-------

Minnie's Style Studio is the official name for the M&G tacked onto Toontown.

--------

Tacked onto the End of Baymax is Big Pop the indoor popcorn facility.

NateD1226

Looks like we have confirmation the show in the new Fantasyland Theatre will be unique to TDL. Based on the description it sounds like a Magical Map/Mickey and the Magician/Wonderous Book type structured show.
I actually spoke to the Imagineer who created Mickeys Magical Map at DLR. He told me that he was creating this show for Tokyo with 45 set changes! He wouldn’t tell me any IP that would be in it but he did say Moana will be in the show. So it will be somewhat similar to MMM but a little more upscaled.

IMDREW

I actually spoke to the Imagineer who created Mickeys Magical Map at DLR. He told me that he was creating this show for Tokyo with 45 set changes! He wouldn’t tell me any IP that would be in it but he did say Moana will be in the show. So it will be somewhat similar to MMM but a little more upscaled.
“Upscaled”, just as we expect from TDR

BrianLo

“Upscaled”, just as we expect from TDR

I already consider it the downscaled version:
  1. Mickey and the Magician
  2. Wonderous Book
  3. Magical Map

But Magical Map is the oldest and in the worst facility. Mickey and the Magician is wonderful, I don't mind every resort having their own 'version' of this type of show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

...we came to one of the most exciting areas, where Imagineers were working on various models of new attractions. Fisher showed us a couple of models of scenes from the Frozen ride they’re building at Tokyo DisneySea. He said it will be very similar to the Frozen Ever After ride at Epcot. So much so, that it’ll be a boat ride just like Frozen Ever After, and even though Frozen Ever After is a boat ride because it is the reimagined Maelstrom ride. He told us the Frozen ride coming to Hong Kong Disneyland will be “decidedly different.”​
What I Learned:

• The Frozen ride at Tokyo DisneySea Hong Kong will be almost identical to Frozen Ever After.
    • The Hong Kong Disneyland Tokyo Frozen ride will be different.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

Great,Thanks to attractions Magazine not clearing up the article Japan Disney Forums are freaking out regarding this matter, They really need to revise their article. Many Japanese fans now think that our Frozen is Lackluster.

Texansgirl

Dumb question, Spring 2020 for new B&B ride means anytime between March 1 and May 31? How far in advance does OLC normally give firm opening dates?

I visited this January and want to go back before the summer Olympic but after B&B land opens.

Thanks!!

SweetDuffy101

Dumb question, Spring 2020 for new B&B ride means anytime between March 1 and May 31? How far in advance does OLC normally give firm opening dates?

I visited this January and want to go back before the summer Olympic but after B&B land opens.

Thanks!!
Tentative Opening date is April 15, 2020.
soft openings a week before.

Expect an Announcement around summertime or the OLC shareholders meeting on the 4th thursday of september.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom