Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

My destination was the Yorkshire County Fish Shop, somewhere I hadn’t eaten in 3 or 4 trips. (used to be a regular) At the beginning of March, they added a new item to the menu and I couldn’t wait to try it.

Chicken and Mushroom Pie (with chips)

Ok y’all, this thing was sooo freaking good!

This was another item that AJ from DFB had been hyping up, and for good reason. The picture doesn’t do it justice, but this thing was huge and stuffed full of chicken, mushrooms, gravy, and flavor! It also came with a lot of chips. (almost couldn’t finish them all) This addition is exactly what a lacking YCFS needed! For the price and the amount of food you get, it’s definitely a better deal than the fish ‘n’ chips. Hope it’s permanent!

I grabbed a nearby table and told L where I was. She arrived a few minutes later with her croissant sandwich from Les Halles. I can’t remember which kind she had, but she said it was good.

After we ate, we strolled through the U.K. pavilion before getting our spot for IllumiNations.

The viewing area on the island between the U.K. and France that’s usually roped off for FP and dinner/dessert parties was vacant!

We had the perfect spot!

The area slowly began to fill up as people realized there was nobody over here, but it wasn’t a large crowd.

Doing the Lord’s work.

It was a little cold and windy, but things warmed up when the torches came on.

It looks like the tree behind the torch is on fire. :hilarious:

It was still 30mins until showtime, but the pre-show music was setting the tone and I was getting excited.

Next up: IllumiNations overload!

Last edited:

Spash007

The theater was totally packed and people were standing everywhere just to get a glimpse. They must’ve been very popular back in the day.

Ouch, when did my HS days become back in the day?!

JK it was practically 20 years ago. Which sounds a lot longer than I realized!

Definitely think I still have their CD.... Lol

I think my parents may have tossed my copy of "No Pads No Helmets" haha, but I pulled it up on YouTube this morning on my way in to work, and I can't believe how much I remembered 15+ years since I last listened to it! With such classics as "I'd Do Anything", "I'm Just a Kid" and "Addicted" I don't know why I haven't listened to it more recently!

Spash007

September 30th is the last show. 😢 I’d do anything to make it down for the final performance.

You and me both. I heard they were doing a live Orchestra for the final performance, but I don't know how much truth there is to that. Last night I priced out a trip if I were to go by myself from the 30th - 2nd, but I know it's sadly not happening.

While I'm intrigued by the Epcot Forever show, I wasn't really impressed by the new concept art. I think I'll enjoy the music more than anything else.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I am seriously SO sad we missed Illuminations this trip, but we did tell ourselves back in October that it was our last time to see it, so I said goodbye then 😢 I'll really miss it! Glad you had such a great view of it...you got lots of great photos to remember it by.
That was probably one of the best spots that I’ve watched IllumiNations from. We were surprised because it’s always roped off for either dinner/dessert parties or it’s a FP viewing location. Honestly, anywhere between the IG and France is usually a good place to watch it. It’s gonna be hard when it’s gone. IllumiNations to me is what Wishes was to most people.

Hey now, I said it was gonna be an overload. :hilarious:

You and me both. I heard they were doing a live Orchestra for the final performance, but I don't know how much truth there is to that. Last night I priced out a trip if I were to go by myself from the 30th - 2nd, but I know it's sadly not happening.

While I'm intrigued by the Epcot Forever show, I wasn't really impressed by the new concept art. I think I'll enjoy the music more than anything else.
The live orchestra has been in the talks for a while now. Not sure how they would do it, but it does sound interesting. I’ve been looking at a quick trip for the final performance as well. Not expecting it to work out but who knows.

That's a lot of fireworks....

I may just have to go sooner than I planned - gotta get me some Illuminations before it's gone!!!

If not, I'll always have your photos....
Yes you do!

Katiekitten

EPCOT continued

My destination was the Yorkshire County Fish Shop, somewhere I hadn’t eaten in 3 or 4 trips. (used to be a regular) At the beginning of March, they added a new item to the menu and I couldn’t wait to try it.

Chicken and Mushroom Pie (with chips)
View attachment 362769
Ok y’all, this thing was sooo freaking good!

This was another item that AJ from DFB had been hyping up, and for good reason. The picture doesn’t do it justice, but this thing was huge and stuffed full of chicken, mushrooms, gravy, and flavor! It also came with a lot of chips. (almost couldn’t finish them all) This addition is exactly what a lacking YCFS needed! For the price and the amount of food you get, it’s definitely a better deal than the fish ‘n’ chips. Hope it’s permanent!

I grabbed a nearby table and told L where I was. She arrived a few minutes later with her croissant sandwich from Les Halles. I can’t remember which kind she had, but she said it was good.

After we ate, we strolled through the U.K. pavilion before getting our spot for IllumiNations.
View attachment 362770View attachment 362771View attachment 362772

The viewing area on the island between the U.K. and France that’s usually roped off for FP and dinner/dessert parties was vacant!

View attachment 362773
We had the perfect spot!

View attachment 362774View attachment 362775

The area slowly began to fill up as people realized there was nobody over here, but it wasn’t a large crowd.

View attachment 362776
Doing the Lord’s work.

It was a little cold and windy, but things warmed up when the torches came on.
View attachment 362777
View attachment 362778
It looks like the tree behind the torch is on fire. :hilarious:

It was still 30mins until showtime, but the pre-show music was setting the tone and I was getting excited.

Next up: IllumiNations overload!

Looks more like a pasty than a pie to me! :cautious:

And I can't believe you found that CD, that is pretty amazing!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Heading out

It was a normal 9-9 day at EPCOT, so the park was now closed. Instead of taking the short route through the U.K. and Canada, we took the longer way through the rest of the countries so we could enjoy the nighttime beauty of WS.

If you look to the left of the globe, behind Imagination, you can see some of HEA.

Up next: More EPCOT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom