Purchasing magic bands

nickys

Premium Member
Should we purchase magic bands if staying off grounds??

You don’t need to. You can use your plastic ticket card for FPs and photopass in the parks.

But if you like the idea of them, you can buy them ahead of time on Shop Disney, link them to MDE and your tickets (and FPs) will be easily accessible. That saves having to go and collect your tickets.

Or buy them in the first park and link them then, again everything will be accessible on them.

donsullivan

Premium Member
You don’t need to. You can use your plastic ticket card for FPs and photopass in the parks.

But if you like the idea of them, you can buy them ahead of time on Shop Disney, link them to MDE and your tickets (and FPs) will be easily accessible. That saves having to go and collect your tickets.

Or buy them in the first park and link them then, again everything will be accessible on them.
The only thing that doesn't work without a Magic Band is MemoryMaker for some of the on-ride photos/videos. Those are keyed off of the Magic Band radios that do not exist in the plastic admission card media. This doesn't count for the ones where you tap your card/band on the image but the ones like Mine Train, Splash or Pirates that just show up in your MDE account. All of those do require the BlueTooth LE transmitter in the band that is not in the card. But you only need one member of the party to have that if you're all riding together.

JaxFLBear

ones like Mine Train, Splash or Pirates that just show up in your MDE account. All of those do require the BlueTooth LE transmitter in the band that is not in the card. But you only need one member of the party to have that if you're all riding together.
Add Slinky Dog Dash, Frozen Ever After and Haunted Mansion to that list.

Jon81uk

No. Just use the plastic card ticket for entry and FP.

Unless you are paying for Memory Maker photos, in which case the automatic registration of on-ride photos needs it.

SirWillow

You don't have to, but I would suggest that it's a good idea. With the magic bands you're not digging through your pockets/ wallet to find your cards every time you enter, use a fast pass, get a photo taken, etc. And you don't have to worry about dropping that card every time it's pulled out, losing it in a pocket or purse, forgetting where you put it, etc. It just makes everything easier, faster, and smoother in the park.

Plus you get the onride phots and videos that you can't get without it.

My first couple of trips last year I didn't stay on property and bought myself a magic band for the trip, and didn't regret it a bit. You can buy them online easily enough adn have them ready to go before you even get there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom