Rock n Coaster Queen revamp?

Star_Bfly15

Original Poster
Since Disney now owns 20th Century Fox’s movies like Bohemian Rhapsody

Should Disney, ditch Aerosmith and get the rights to Queen
I want to know what’s y’all guys opinion?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Should Disney, ditch Aerosmith and replace it with the band Queen?

That doesn't mean they own Queen. And how do they get the rights to use Freddie's image at this point in time?

Also, they want to make the parks "more Disney", but the Fox brand will be held a little bit at an arm's length because of the mostly non-family content. Very few of Fox IPs, if any, will make it to the parks because of their lack of being "Disney" and "family friendly".

Star_Bfly15

Original Poster
That doesn't mean they own Queen. And how do they get the rights to use Freddie's image at this point in time?

Also, they want to make the parks "more Disney", but the Fox brand will be held a little bit at an arm's length because of the mostly non-family content. Very few of Fox IPs, if any, will make it to the parks because of their lack of being "Disney" and "family friendly".

I guess you’re right Disney doesn’t own Queen neither Queen is family friendly, then again Aerosmith isn’t too family friendly, if Disney were to make Rock n Coaster revamp it could be their own movie or Disney Channel TV show then again, nobody expected Avatar to be on Disney Park.

Tanna Eros

Should Disney, ditch Aerosmith and get the rights to Queen
They had a contract with Disney's Hollywood Records, for "A Kind of Magic". The illustrations of them on the album cover resembled the Genie from Aladdin. I don't know if they own the entire catalogue, but since Disney did the crowd balloons for the Magic tour, they might have the rights to those songs and that imagery.
I really like Queen, as you can see by my avatar, but I don't think the rollercoaster will ever feature their music.

Last edited:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
If Disney were to use the original recordings, they would need to pay what the band would want for permission. A lot of the older big rock bands will demand a lot of money for use of their recordings and image. Disney got a deal with Aerosmith after The Rolling Stones and KISS fell through.

VJ

Queen is signed to Hollywood Records for the US and Canada, so... wouldn't be that far off of an idea. Use 'em if you've got 'em, I guess.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
If Aerosmith is dropped from RnRC then it should be Queen. Wouldn’t really work with the theme of Sunset Boulevard though.

ppete1975

With the movie there is a reintroduction to Queens music. In a few years you would be in the same spot you are now. Its best to remove it from being a specific band (unless it was the beatles lol), this is one of the few rides in the parks I would be ok with it getting a character overlay. I think something Pixar would fit that area. Maybe wall-e... you could have his musical number, then see him flying past you on his fire extinguisher.
A chip and dale ride would be awesome as well. OR a Disney afternoon ride.. take you through all of the theme songs and youd see a scene from each of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom