News 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

ImperfectPixie

This does not account for the “pre-gamers” drinking in the parking lot before they enter the park or the folks bringing in bottled “water” into the park.
True, but even still...most bartenders are able to discern when a person has had enough. Give the bartenders the ability to decline serving someone who is on their way to (or already) drunk, and the problem gets solved.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Unpopular opinion: Food & Wine would be a better over guest experience if it were just the food and not the alcohol.

That's exactly how I approach it. Well, that's to say - I rarely order drinks at the food kiosks. I'm set in my ways. I'll start out with a Macallan followed by a Guinness at R&C and off I go. I hit my usual "drinking spots". I'm a scotch man who enjoys a good Gin Tonic and partakes in beer. Not much into the IPA scene, nor the trendy drinks, and I really don't care much for wine. So taking the "Wine" out of "Food and Wine" would suit me just fine.

Bey hey, that's me, I do not see a reason that alcohol should remain on property.

I do.

lostpro9het

True, but even still...most bartenders are able to discern when a person has had enough. Give the bartenders the ability to decline serving someone who is on their way to (or already) drunk, and the problem gets solved.
Bartenders!?! You you mean the CMs that received a whole 30 seconds of “bartender” trainging that focused on opening cans and pulling a tap to dispense premixed margaritas? Yeah, super able to discern who has had enough.

ImperfectPixie

Bartenders!?! You you mean the CMs that received a whole 30 seconds of “bartender” trainging that focused on opening cans and pulling a tap to dispense premixed margaritas? Yeah, super able to discern who has had enough.
If they're serving booze, they should be able to tell the difference. Hell, I've never served booze in my life, but I can tell the difference.

deeevo

I would hate to see the bill some people pay to get hammered at these events.
I spend around $200 for my wife and I for a good night of eating and drinking at F&W... do I get hammered??.. oh yes... do I stumble around.... ummmm no... I am a professional... professionals do not stumble around like 19 year olds that snuck a bottle of MD2020 into prom.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Some of them remain for Festival of the Arts, and anything not used is removed.

Festival of the Arts is before F&G (or after F&W depending on your perspective). I think they were referring to Jun - late August. I've seen some removed, but I've seen quite a few just go dark.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I spend around $200 for my wife and I for a good night of eating and drinking at F&W... do I get hammered??.. oh yes... do I stumble around.... ummmm no... I am a professional... professionals do not stumble around like 19 year olds that snuck a bottle of MD2020 into prom.

It's all about pace. F&W seems to bring out the "Power Drinkers". Routine usually goes: Order drink, pound drink, move on to next pavilion, repeat.

olie64

I always wondered what it was.. I'm guessing it depends on what a person drinks and what not.

MD2020 haha, that and Boone's farm wine.

deeevo

It's all about pace. F&W seems to bring out the "Power Drinkers". Routine usually goes: Order drink, pound drink, move on to next pavilion, repeat.

Yeah, not my style... I want to feel halfway descent the next morning... lol.. I have seen the the loud drunks wondering around and for the most part it has been pretty civilized but I only go a few times a season. If F&W went away tomorrow I wouldn't loose sleep over it. Just like everyone else I would prefer 80's EPCOT over what we have now.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I like to get a good buzz when I'm at EPCOT thanks, mostly to La Cava but do I go stumbling around like it's my 1st rodeo? no. I may be a bit chattier with the people I'm with but I'm not stumbling around drunk. It's too expensive to yack up everything I just ate/drank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom