News 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

Tony the Tigger

Seems to be a lot going on around that date.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the interim Epcot nighttime show starts that night or the next.

Have to figure out whether to avoid my bday on the 31st or just prep for psycho crowds.

wdwfan4ver

As has been proven time and time again, the drunkard issues at food and wine are nothing more than fabrications by people who are anti alcohol. But nice try though
How do you explain what my parents saw last year during the Food and Wine Festival?

There was a group of woman so drunk that they had problems with their balance according to my parents. While it sounded like those woman were harmless drunks, they fact the looked they were to fall down is a potential problem.

There even was a live feed on Youtube that showed people drunk at the food and wine festival before they were edited out.

I do think the drinking issue is more than the Disney Food and Wine Festival. Last week Wednesday Night was proof of that due a angry drunk threating a person on a Disney bus.

ToTBellHop

Or maybe they decided to start Christmas stuff at Epcot after Thanksgiving this year?
Yes. As with every other year before 2018.

Sounds like a budgetary choice to me. Milk F&W for all it is worth and push off the expensive-to-run Candlelight Processional and fireworks tag.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I was a supervisor at the park for 2 years so I am also well aware of the issues and they are not as severe as the haters make them out to be.

I drink. I drink liberally. I'm not anti-alcohol. But the issues are getting more severe as the years pass. One thing you can count on during Food & Wine weekends, is the plethora of people in their matching "drinking team" t-shirts. They seem to feel the need to announce the fact that they are there for the explicit purpose of getting drunk. Which is a lot different than an individual who is enjoying the park and over imbibes (hey it happens).

The "drinking teams" also seem fixated on reliving some bygone era of their youth and are somehow magically transported to a time where apparently immaturity and obnoxiousness was vogue.

Other than that.......

Magic Feather

There is no question that there is an increase in drunken guest behavior during food and wine. It is very obvious to anyone in the park.
Is this the part where (albeit anecdotally) I bring up that have witnessed two alcohol-infused fights in the Epcot parking lot, seen over 10 people puke, and more people that cannot walk straight than I count count at Food and Wine in 2018 alone?

GSP Guy

I drink. I drink liberally. I'm not anti-alcohol. But the issues are getting more severe as the years pass. One thing you can count on during Food & Wine weekends, is the plethora of people in their matching "drinking team" t-shirts. They seem to feel the need to announce the fact that they are there for the explicit purpose of getting drunk. Which is a lot different than an individual who is enjoying the park and over imbibes (hey it happens).

The "drinking teams" also seem fixated on reliving some bygone era of their youth and are somehow magically transported to a time where apparently immaturity and obnoxiousness was vogue.

Other than that.......
I agree completely. I also enjoy a cocktail or two but found those shirts so bizarre on grown adults! As a good friend of mine would have said upon seeing those shirts..." I remember my first beer!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sure man, keep the fake news machine rolling 😂 Thought you were more intelligent than that, proved me wrong! 🤷‍♂️🙅‍♂️🙊

You don't notice they're drunk because you're stumbling in sync with them. Now, turn off your continuous loop of Shallow, put out both the cigarette in your mouth and the one burning in the ashtray. Shut off the martini slushie machine. And go to bed.

ToTBellHop

1. F&W got expanded by 13 days.
  2. Holidays Festival got shortened by 11 days.
That's just two more festival days than the previous year.

For 2019, there will be 245 festival days (67% of the time) and 120 non-festival days (33% of the time).
Peter Quill would like you to include his Summer Mixtape Live as a qualifying festival and recount.

He’s upset with the way you just snapped your finger and dismissed him.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
so what happens to all the food booths between flower and garden and food and wine? do they just go dark and not have them over a few months in the summer?

ImperfectPixie

Unpopular opinion: Food & Wine would be a better over guest experience if it were just the food and not the alcohol.

Bey hey, that's me, I do not see a reason that alcohol should remain on property.
I don't think they need to ditch the alcohol, but maybe keep better track of how many drinks a person has had - it's the ones who think it's fun to get fall-down drunk that are the issue.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
As has been proven time and time again, the drunkard issues at food and wine are nothing more than fabrications by people who are anti alcohol. But nice try though
You couldn't be further from the truth on this one. Every single time I have gone in the past 10 years (probably about 15 times) I have seen either behavior of drunks or people literally getting thrown out but security. Food and Wine has and will always be a cancer to Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom