News Woody's Roundup ticketed event coming to the Contemporary Resort this summer

Figments Friend

I am sure someone has already mentioned this, but if not.....

This really seems to be something that would be a much better 'fit' for the Fort Wilderness Campground.
The theme fits much better compared to the Contemp, and the more 'rustic' setting would certainly make it feel more like a Western Cookout.

-

olie64

This really seems to be something that would be a much better 'fit' for the Fort Wilderness Campground.
The theme fits much better compared to the Contemp, and the more 'rustic' setting would certainly make it feel more like a Western Cookout.

-

As I said, I did buy tickets to this per the request of my wife...But yeah the CM I talked to said she hoped they would bring back some kind of BBQ type event since they no longer have one. That being said who knows if they will or not. Also she had just seen the release that morning so it seems kind of thrown together to work of the toy story 4 release maybe.

aliceismad

Not my thing, but I would do the new princess breakfast/bunch at Disneyland that's $125. Similarly, that is supposed to have games and interactivity. (Actually I scoffed, but then my DH then talked me into it.) There are souvenirs and whatnot involved as well.

ETA: I assume this is being held at the Contemporary as a tie-in to the Pixar Play Place? That also has Woody and Jessie, I think. Maybe they're retheming the Contemporary as the Pixar Place resort.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm wondering if WDWMagic should have a separate feed for these rich people events. I feel like there's a huge problem with social media normalizing this approaching the realm of must do's: "don't forget your ADR's, PhotoPass, Dining Plan, and paid events!" I will say WDWMagic doesn't post these as much as another popular DIS site.
I post it for those that are interested, but certainly don't tell people its a must-do - unless it really is ;)

VaderTron

That's an expensive BBQ buffet.

So a couple who wanted to attend this three hour event would have to pay $106.29 PER HOUR and don't even get any legal advice or help creating a will, something one would rightly expect to receive at that hourly rate.
A family of four (assuming they had two children 9 and under) would pay $176 PER HOUR and won't receive any investment advice for their children's future college fund.
...Brilliant

But at least there will be fireworks! There's the hidden value....Oh wait, those are the same ones you get to see at MK for free, except you are much further away and can't see the details of the castle projections?....Ok, sounds perfect!

yedliW

Every nonsense thing they try actually DOES stick to the point of legit selling out. I think the only one that failed was the in-park cabana rentals.

Yea.. but it probably only failed because it was the same price as 2-3 nights in a value resort.. If it was less, I'm sure it would have taken off..

olie64

Not my thing, but I would do the new princess breakfast/bunch at Disneyland that's $125. Similarly, that is supposed to have games and interactivity. (Actually I scoffed, but then my DH then talked me into it.) There are souvenirs and whatnot involved as well.

Sounds about like me but my DW talked me into it. Oo well to each their own I guess.

olie64

So a couple who wanted to attend this three hour event would have to pay $106.29 PER HOUR and don't even get any legal advice or help creating a will, something one would rightly expect to receive at that hourly rate.
A family of four (assuming they had two children 9 and under) would pay $176 PER HOUR and won't receive any investment advice for their children's future college fund.
...Brilliant

But at least there will be fireworks! There's the hidden value....Oh wait, those are the same ones you get to see at MK for free, except you are much further away and can't see the details of the castle projections?....Ok, sounds perfect!

So, I'm guessing I will be seeing you there on the 6th then? :)

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

-

The only structure at FW suited for this event, the pavilion where Mickey’s Backyard BBQ was formerly held, is closed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...Brilliant

Yeah, but that's at a hotel that charges $500 - $1,300 a night.

eliza61nyc

Hey if the Grand Floridian can have a Tea party with the fairy Godmother that will set you back 500, why can't Andy have his bbq.

And yep, my brother took his granddaughters, with the famous line "it's a once in a lifetime" thing.

Last edited:

VaderTron

Yeah, but that's at a hotel that charges $500 - $1,300 a night.

Ok, let's say I'm one of the idiots that pays $1,300 a night for a room. With my room comes use of the resort, pool, 60-day fastpass window, convenient proximity to MK, ability to watch the fireworks from my room, a comfortable, sprawling villa to enjoy and a discount on park admission if I purchase a package. I'd say at least as good of perks if not better than the BBQ buffet. Check-in at 4pm and check out 10am following day I would still only be paying $72.22 per hour as compared to the $176 per hour for the family. And that's if I don't invite friends to stay with me in my villa and split the cost with them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok, let's say I'm one of the idiots that pays $1,300 a night for a room. With my room comes use of the resort, pool, 60-day fastpass window, convenient proximity to MK, ability to watch the fireworks from my room, a comfortable, sprawling villa to enjoy and a discount on park admission if I purchase a package. I'd say at least as good of perks if not better than the BBQ buffet. Check-in at 4pm and check out 10am following day I would still only be paying $72.22 per hour as compared to the $176 per hour for the family. And that's if I don't invite friends to stay with me in my villa and split the cost with them.

I think the point of the price point is to exclude those who can't afford it -- like me.

JohnD

I post it for those that are interested, but certainly don't tell people its a must-do - unless it really is ;)

I noticed its for 3 days around Independence Day (July 4 -6) and in the convention center. Guess it's something to spread out crowds whereever possible (in addition to extra $$$ from guests during the holiday weekend.)

VaderTron

I think the point of the price point is to exclude those who can't afford it -- like me.

I totally get that. But where is the line of reason here? I do interior repairs on vehicles for car dealerships. There is a GM at a Chevy lot that makes over $300,000 a year. He beats me up on price all the time when I try to repair and dye leather that is cracked, worn, or has holes in it. I charge $120. He says, "Nah, I'll pass on that. That's too much." AND HE MAKES $300,000 a year! How are people, regardless of their income, OK with paying $528.00 for 3 hours of BBQ and fireworks?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I totally get that. But where is the line of reason here? I do interior repairs on vehicles for car dealerships. There is a GM at a Chevy lot that makes over $300,000 a year. He beats me up on price all the time when I try to repair and dye leather that is cracked, worn, or has holes in it. I charge $120. He says, "Nah, I'll pass on that. That's too much." AND HE MAKES $300,000 a year! How are people, regardless of their income, OK with paying $528.00 for 3 hours of BBQ and fireworks?

Sadly, the "line of reason" was trampled by TDO a long, long time ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom