Halloween party worth it?

100acrekingdom

Thinking of extending our trip in August by two nights so we can go to the Halloween party. Only problem is the only flight available the next day leaves at 6:45 am which means the magical express would pick us up at 3:45 am. I will be traveling with a 4 year old. For those of you have been, would the Halloween party be worth it or should we just wait until the next time we come to Disney?? (Probably a few years from now)

JohnD

Thinking of extending our trip in August by two nights so we can go to the Halloween party. Only problem is the only flight available the next day leaves at 6:45 am which means the magical express would pick us up at 3:45 am. I will be traveling with a 4 year old. For those of you have been, would the Halloween party be worth it or should we just wait until the next time we come to Disney?? (Probably a few years from now)

For that kind of schedule, no. I enjoy MNSSHP, but that would be HUGE demand on your schedule. You would essentially be going to the party and going directly to the airport. That's too much to ask of anyone. I recommend waiting.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

The party is definitely worth it, it's our fave special event in WDW! If you do decide to go, make sure to see the first parade, then the fireworks and leave. If you stay for the 2nd parade (they are the same) you will have issues with a 345am pick up for the airport.

Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

belledream

For that kind of schedule, no. I enjoy MNSSHP, but that would be HUGE demand on your schedule. You would essentially be going to the party and going directly to the airport. That's too much to ask of anyone. I recommend waiting.
I agree. MNSSHP is a great experience and should definitely be done, but that is an exhausting schedule for anyone, especially a kid! Hopefully you have more WDW trips planned in the future that you can work the party into more comfortably. :)

Upvote 0

DISR

I made a similar decision 2 years ago and attended again last year. For me MNSSHP is one of my favorite events/times at Disney. I love the decorations and atmosphere. IMO the parade is the best one Disney offers. That said, there are some factors to be aware of: It seems to be getting more and more crowded. 2 years ago I went in August and there were moderately high crowds. Last year on Oct 21st it was very crowded. We rode very few rides during the time we were at the park due to lines. My kids (currently 5 and 10) don't have the ability to go late into the evening. Generally we are forced to retreat to the resort after the first parade. If we could stay longer, it would have more value, and the crowds might thin a bit. It is a constant (and generally losing) battle to keep the kids from wanting to trick or treat in the park. Paying $100+ for the kids to spend time collecting a few dollars worth of candy can be frustrating. In August is was really hot (even at night), and felt nothing like the Halloween weather I am used to in four-season part of the country. All of that said, I love the event and would probably do it again. It will provide more bang for the buck as the kids get older. It is going to be a subjective call on your part as to whether it is worth it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

MNSSHP is IMHO one of the best events and should be done at least once by everyone. But in your circumstance in having such a young one with you and the awful early ME pick up, I agree with others who say skip it this tIme. Ive had other events and tours that I really wanted to do but they just never fit into my schedule easily and I had to put them off for another time. I always found they were worth waiting for when they could be enjoyed more fully and without scheduling headaches. MNSSHP is very popular and Disneys not about to get rid of it. Wait it out for another time, your child will be a bit older, able to enjoy it more and youll be glad you did.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Totally worth it! Even my husband who isn’t a Disney lover had a blast! Also I had SO much candy. They were super nice with it lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom