News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

SoupBone

I have to admit that I’ve never personally been to one of these events, but I’ve never read anything other than people saying the wait times are very low, if at all.

My experience is of course anecdotal, but the DVC event I attended last week had huge lines for Slinky Dog, though Rock N Roller Coaster was only around 25 minutes. Maybe it's just because it was Slinky Dog (newer ride).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe Marni can confirm, but I've been noticing less and less night time extra magic hours, being replaced by special ticketed events. If that's accurate, you can bet evening extra magic hours are on the way out for good.

My problem is that they're promoting these events as "low wait times" for popular rides. Even the MGM DVC event this past week had huge lines.
A while ago I posted somewhere to expect more upcharge events and less EMH. I can’t call a direct correlation but it does make you wonder.

jrhwdw

Anyone else like that some entertainment is going into After Hours? Up till now, the only entertainment parties are Halloween, Christmas and Moonlight Magic. I been thinking that something should be done for VIP Nights since APs are so loyal.

Maybe if Villians are successful, might we see MRFF, FOF or a pyro show After Hours sometime?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A while ago I posted somewhere to expect more upcharge events and less EMH. I can’t call a direct correlation but it does make you wonder.

Sounds an awful lot like the frog in a pot of water. Drop it in a pot of boiling water and it tries to jump out. Put it in a pot and then slowly turn up the heat...

"But guests WANT this, our surveys have said so!" :banghead:

Missing20K

Intentionally make the parks so crowded that people will pay extra for not having to deal with it.
They are treading very closely to making it more reasonable to purchase only hard ticket events in lieu of regular admission. If you go with the metric of "number of attractions experienced per dollar spent" it may already be there depending on the crowd at any particular event.

Notes from Neverland

This is an easy way to stretch the idea of Mickey's Not-So-Scary further into the summer without a special fireworks show or fully dedicated parade. It's brilliant, from a business perspective, yet a bit disappointing for guests who long for the super late nights at the Magic Kingdom without an extra ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom