Fast Pass Changes

DisneyCyclones

Original Poster
We are returning for the first time since 2013. We still used the cards back then and had to get all fast passes at kiosks that day. So, how does making fast passes and the magic bands work? Need a short tutorial please and thanks.

DisneyJoe

We are returning for the first time since 2013. We still used the cards back then and had to get all fast passes at kiosks that day. So, how does making fast passes and the magic bands work? Need a short tutorial please and thanks.
Kiosks still work, but you can also use the MDE app on your phone (or the website on your phone too).

If you are staying at an onsite Disney resort, you can make FP+ at 60 days prior to arrival, if you are offsite, 30 days prior.

aliceismad

Magic Bands (if you're staying at a Disney hotel) will be mailed to your home before your trip. You can pick your color online via the My Disney Experience app or on your computer.

FPs are mostly done online. People who are staying at a Disney hotel can log on to My Disney Experience, and select FPs 60 days before your arrival date, starting at 7 am Eastern. It's 30 days for those staying offsite. You can select 3 FP per day (all at one park). Once you use those 3 FPs, you can select additional FPs, one at a time, either at a kiosk or on your phone.

Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom have FP tiers. So you can only choose 1 ride from the Tier 1 rides for FPs.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/fast-pass-plus/?int_cmp=INS-intWDWtoWDW-FP

DisneyCyclones

Original Poster
Magic Bands (if you're staying at a Disney hotel) will be mailed to your home before your trip. You can pick your color online via the My Disney Experience app or on your computer.

FPs are mostly done online. People who are staying at a Disney hotel can log on to My Disney Experience, and select FPs 60 days before your arrival date, starting at 7 am Eastern. It's 30 days for those staying offsite. You can select 3 FP per day (all at one park). Once you use those 3 FPs, you can select additional FPs, one at a time, either at a kiosk or on your phone.

Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom have FP tiers. So you can only choose 1 ride from the Tier 1 rides for FPs.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/fast-pass-plus/?int_cmp=INS-intWDWtoWDW-FP
How soon before traveling will the Magic Bands arrive?

JaxFLBear

How soon before traveling will the Magic Bands arrive?
If customized more than 30 days prior to your check-in date, they start the customization process at 30 days and they are shipped out a few days later.

If customized less than 30 days prior (but more than 10), they will start the customization process the day after you customize them and they will be shipped out a few days later.

If customized 10 days or less (but more than 5), the customized bands will be sent to your resort for pickup at check-in.

5 days or less from arrival, you will get grey bands at check-in.

aliceismad

I was reading on another thread about if you stay at Club Level at the WDW Resorts you get additional Fast Passes. True? How?
I haven't experienced Club Level, but my understanding is that Club Level guests can purchase 3 additional FPs. I think the cost is $50 per person? I believe they also get to book FP 90 days before their visit instead of the standard 60 days for on-site guests.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I haven't experienced Club Level, but my understanding is that Club Level guests can purchase 3 additional FPs. I think the cost is $50 per person? I believe they also get to book FP 90 days before their visit instead of the standard 60 days for on-site guests.
$150 per person for 3 days, you have to purchase minimum 3 days worth. I have read some people purchase more but we did purchase 3 days and used them for AK, DHS and one day at MK....to do the tier one things back to back, and they even adjusted the times in between if they were close by, like in Pandora.....I surely hope it still exists when Starwars land opens....but it was worth it on my recent trip and worked quite well for our family.:happy:

nickys

Premium Member
$150 per person for 3 days, you have to purchase minimum 3 days worth. I have read some people purchase more but we did purchase 3 days and used them for AK, DHS and one day at MK....to do the tier one things back to back, and they even adjusted the times in between if they were close by, like in Pandora.....I surely hope it still exists when Starwars land opens....but it was worth it on my recent trip and worked quite well for our family.:happy:

Remember the Star Wars rides won’t have FPs to begin with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom