Beauty and the Beast dark ride

cheezbat

Should they is the right question.

In my opinion, yes they SHOULD. Magic Kingdom is the flagship park at the flagship resort. I honestly believe WDW should always have the best of the best, but oftentimes that just doesn’t happen. We get lots of the value-engineered stuff.

Will it happen? Highly doubtful.

Walt Disney1955

Those wait times just seem worse and worse each year. There is no reason that they can't add more rides to spread things out a bit. The Fantasyland expansion added just two rides, and then expanded Dumbo to two. One of the Fantasyland expansion rides I haven't been able to get on because of the line, Mermaid always is reasonable if not short and is it just me or did Dumbo actually get LONGER with two of them as opposed to when it was right by the Carousel?

Yeah, add more stuff, even the classic dark rides.

TrainsOfDisney

To me, it’s pretty obvious that the existing design was for a ride. Enter Maurice’s workshop, board a vehicle, exit from a cave below the castle... but someone wanted it to be all about the money (princess meet and greet / photopass and a restaurant).

New Fantasyland should have been beast e-ticket, little mermaid d+ ticket (so better than it is now) and 7 dwarves e ticket (the original version designed for the current footprint.

And then storybook circus should have had, among other things, a Casey jr. ride.

tonystank18

I Really, Really, Really Wish it would happen. I think there is an expansion plot behind Be Our Guest, Gaston's Tavern and Bonjour! Gifts if they were to someday put something back there like the Beauty and the Beast Trackless Dark Ride (except they might have to rework the roads a bit). I have a feeling they might go ahead with it if, in Tokyo, the ride gets great reception and then they decide to bring it to Magic Kingdom like they are doing with the Ratatouille Ride that was in Paris which they are now bringing to Epcot. The only reason why I wouldn't put my money on it now is since I don't think any ride originated from Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea has been brought over to any other Disney Park elsewhere. Hoping for the best with this one in that it does get brought over to Magic Kingdom for us to enjoy.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I Really, Really, Really Wish it would happen. I think there is an expansion plot behind Be Our Guest, Gaston's Tavern and Bonjour! Gifts if they were to someday put something back there like the Beauty and the Beast Trackless Dark Ride (except they might have to rework the roads a bit). I have a feeling they might go ahead with it if, in Tokyo, the ride gets great reception and then they decide to bring it to Magic Kingdom like they are doing with the Ratatouille Ride that was in Paris which they are now bringing to Epcot. The only reason why I wouldn't put my money on it now is since I don't think any ride originated from Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea has been brought over to any other Disney Park elsewhere. Hoping for the best with this one in that it does get brought over to Magic Kingdom for us to enjoy.
I believe BATB is definitely a huge possibility for a future expansion.

Brainleech419

I know the dynamics are all different but Disneyland already has so much more to offer than MK, and theyve got / are getting 3 major new E Tickets to MKs Tron...feels like MK is unloved
Other way to look at it all of those rides are still coming to the resort WDW and because they are going to other parks older things get to stay around longer. like in order for the mickey ride to come to DL they had to lose a gift shop where ... (wait no).

So this was going to be a post about MK advantages of size makes so rides are less likely to removed. but that really not true when it came to examples. So lets try this post again.

Look at the parks People Movers if you want to feel the LOVE for MK

UpAllNight

Other way to look at it all of those rides are still coming to the resort WDW and because they are going to other parks older things get to stay around longer. like in order for the mickey ride to come to DL they had to lose a gift shop where ... (wait no).

So this was going to be a post about MK advantages of size makes so rides are less likely to removed. but that really not true when it came to examples. So lets try this post again.

Look at the parks People Movers if you want to feel the LOVE for MK

I do love the People Mover! In fact, I’d say Tomorrowland as a whole is much better in MK. I think even Space Mountain is arguably more fun (even if Disneylands is better ride/experience). Love the retro, off the rails feel.

I feel like MK needs further love though...I’d welcome another Fantasyland expansion, but also feel like Adventureland needs help. I struggle to unsee the second rate POTC and lack of Indiana Jones now....it needs some...Adventure.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I do love the People Mover! In fact, I’d say Tomorrowland as a whole is much better in MK. I think even Space Mountain is arguably more fun (even if Disneylands is better ride/experience). Love the retro, off the rails feel.

I feel like MK needs further love though...I’d welcome another Fantasyland expansion, but also feel like Adventureland needs help. I struggle to unsee the second rate POTC and lack of Indiana Jones now....it needs some...Adventure.
Hey! Disneyland does not have an Aladdin spinner!

hauntology

I understand how MK's Pirates pales in comparison to all of the other ones, especially Disneyland/Shanghai's, but I still find it one of the best rides on property. Just took my S/O to it for the first time in May and when we got off I told him this is actually the worst version of the ride and he was shocked.

Is there enough space within MK Adventureland to expand and add something like Indiana Jones?

Brainleech419

I understand how MK's Pirates pales in comparison to all of the other ones, especially Disneyland/Shanghai's, but I still find it one of the best rides on property. Just took my S/O to it for the first time in May and when we got off I told him this is actually the worst version of the ride and he was shocked.

Is there enough space within MK Adventureland to expand and add something like Indiana Jones?
there an expansion pad in the corner

To me, it’s pretty obvious that the existing design was for a ride. Enter Maurice’s workshop, board a vehicle, exit from a cave below the castle... but someone wanted it to be all about the money (princess meet and greet / photopass and a restaurant).

New Fantasyland should have been beast e-ticket, little mermaid d+ ticket (so better than it is now) and 7 dwarves e ticket (the original version designed for the current footprint.

And then storybook circus should have had, among other things, a Casey jr. ride.
What was the original version of 7 Dwarves? Faster? More thrills?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom