Riviera Pricing and Point charts

correcaminos

Original Poster
Except none of those were standalones

Have you ever actually been to boardwalk?? It was kinda built with a lot of “stuff”...

I will reserve more judgement until we see what they serve at these restaurants - to put it succinctly: if it’s the same old bland stuff like the snack bars or “the wave”...that’s not gonna really be a calling card.
What is your point about the Boardwalk? Sure it has stuff but it all is outdoors and lacking in some of the dining options really. I'd argue the Wave is more unique than what I get at the Boardwalk. Theming at BW is improved but I guess I don't see how it totally fits now on the interior. They've improved theming on resorts since that one IMO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What is your point about the Boardwalk? Sure it has stuff but it all is outdoors and lacking in some of the dining options really. I'd argue the Wave is more unique than what I get at the Boardwalk. Theming at BW is improved but I guess I don't see how it totally fits now on the interior. They've improved theming on resorts since that one IMO

The point was implying that DVC is “never built with much” and using Boardwalk as an example...or beach club for that matter.

That’s a complete cherry pick/inaccurate

correcaminos

Original Poster
The point was implying that DVC is “never built with much” and using Boardwalk as an example...or beach club for that matter.

That’s a complete cherry pick/inaccurate
I still don't understand - sorry. Maybe I'm having a case of the Mondays LOL I really am trying to understand as I was reading the responses to each other and feel lost here.

Also not sure what the last comment is in reference to.

nickys

Premium Member
Except none of those were standalones

Have you ever actually been to boardwalk?? It was kinda built with a lot of “stuff”...

I will reserve more judgement until we see what they serve at these restaurants - to put it succinctly: if it’s the same old bland stuff like the snack bars or “the wave”...that’s not gonna really be a calling card.

The only true DVC stand alone resorts are OKW and SSR though. I was just comparing dining with other DVCs. Trying to find ones with less than RR. BWI / BWV doesn’t actually have any dining under their roof. But no, never stayed, likely never will. Couldn’t bear to look across at the BC and not be able to swim there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still don't understand - sorry. Maybe I'm having a case of the Mondays LOL I really am trying to understand as I was reading the responses to each other and feel lost here.

Also not sure what the last comment is in reference to.

I hear you...i’m having a case of that too....it’s so making me cranky. I’m probably not making good points today
The only true DVC stand alone resorts are OKW and SSR though. I was just comparing dining with other DVCs. Trying to find ones with less than RR. BWI / BWV doesn’t actually have any dining under their roof. But no, never stayed, likely never will. Couldn’t bear to look across at the BC and not be able to swim there.

I hear you....but a kinda blandish tower built literally in Caribbean has much less potential than most of the other DVC spots. Really only okw has less in the immediate area.

correcaminos

Original Poster
I hear you...i’m having a case of that too....it’s so making me cranky. I’m probably not making good points today

I hear you....but a kinda blandish tower built literally in Caribbean has much less potential than most of the other DVC spots. Really only okw has less in the immediate area.
I dunno... OKW is walkable to Disney Springs. I get your point though.

RR is nice enough to try. I have no desire to stay frequently or buy in at this time.

Phonedave

I dunno... OKW is walkable to Disney Springs. I get your point though.

RR is nice enough to try. I have no desire to stay frequently or buy in at this time.

I pretty much agree. I would like to stay at RR, especially for our Food & Wine trips. Given to point charts I really have no desire to stay there for family vacations. It is nice looking, and I for one do like the theme, but it is not appealing enough to make me get a 2BR there.

At this time, I also have no desire to add on points .... anywhere. We added 50 to our 160 about 2 years ago, and that is about where we want to be. Don't get me wrong, we still enjoy going to WDW and using our DVC, but with the escalation in overall cost, and the degradation in overall quality of WDW resort, our vacation dollars get allocated elsewhere more often now. We will still use our 210 points, but we no longer end up wishing we had more.

-dave

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I pretty much agree. I would like to stay at RR, especially for our Food & Wine trips. Given to point charts I really have no desire to stay there for family vacations. It is nice looking, and I for one do like the theme, but it is not appealing enough to make me get a 2BR there.

At this time, I also have no desire to add on points .... anywhere. We added 50 to our 160 about 2 years ago, and that is about where we want to be. Don't get me wrong, we still enjoy going to WDW and using our DVC, but with the escalation in overall cost, and the degradation in overall quality of WDW resort, our vacation dollars get allocated elsewhere more often now. We will still use our 210 points, but we no longer end up wishing we had more.

-dave

Same here. We bought in at 220 points, and they've always been just enough. Last 2 years, though, I've been renting them out to pay for Disney Cruises. :)

Phonedave

Same here. We bought in at 220 points, and they've always been just enough. Last 2 years, though, I've been renting them out to pay for Disney Cruises. :)

Disney cruises are also something I have given up on. I still like them, but in my opinion, unless you have young children with you, Celebrity is a much better value. Of course opinions can and do vary. I pretty much find Disney offerings overpriced across the board.

We have not gotten to the point of renting out our points ... yet. We are thinking about an Aulani trip maybe next year, and that will eat up a load of points. Maybe after that we may enter the rental market as well.

Club Cooloholic

A signature TS, a regular TS and a QS ..... better than BC, BW. Poly has no signature, AKL has an extra TS across both Jambo and Kidani.
I think until a restaurant can be tried and reviewed by the public, calling it a win by having a signature just doesnt cut it. Its more like saying, we will have one TS that we know we will be charging at least 40 dollars an entree for. I guess restaurants are something that while nice if it is a stand alone DVC, well isnt that why we have kitchens? My guess is that you will be seeing more of the Caribbean Beach folks flocking over, which is why calling this a flagship resort is a little silly. People can spend for a mod. And literally walk right over to enjoy all these restaurants. I think it was genius on Disneys part, they took the least liked moderate, and figured out how to make it more appealing and I am guessing with the gondolas and these close by restaurants it will be priced above any of the other mods, but still cheaper than a room at this Rivera

Last edited:

correcaminos

Original Poster
Will Riviera DVC members have priority access to, or increased availability of the Skyliner over Caribbean Beach guests?
Each has their own stop. I believe RR can walk to CBRs stop and vice versa but we're not going to fight the other resort for room there

nickys

Premium Member
Will Riviera DVC members have priority access to, or increased availability of the Skyliner over Caribbean Beach guests?

How do you mean? Like a fastpass? No. Being a DVC Member will not have confer any priority!

The most likely suggestion is that could send every nth cabin empty so that Riviera guests can board. It’ll only be a problem at certain times of the day though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No, but RR will be the first stop off coming back from EPCOT and the last stop to load before going to EPCOT so it’s the shortest route for EPCOT (which is the longer of the 2 park routes). You will have to change gondolas at CBR station to go to DHS but in theory you could walk directly to the CBR station too and avoid that change if you desired. I would say in general that CBR will have the best situation since no car switching to either park, but depending on where your room is it could be a hike to get to the station. AoA/Pop will have the worst situation since you will need to change at CBR for both parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think until a restaurant can be tried and reviewed by the public, calling it a win by having a signature just doesnt cut it. Its more like saying, we will have one TS that we know we will be charging at least 40 dollars an entree for. I guess restaurants are something that while nice if it is a stand alone DVC, well isnt that why we have kitchens? My guess is that you will be seeing more of the Caribbean Beach folks flocking over, which is why calling this a flagship resort is a little silly. People can spend for a mod. And literally walk right over to enjoy all these restaurants. I think it was genius on Disneys part, they took the least liked moderate, and figured out how to make it more appealing and I am guessing with the gondolas and these close by restaurants it will be priced above any of the other mods, but still cheaper than a room at this Rivera
I agree that signature does not automatically mean great restaurant. It just means guaranteed to be expensive. It also means less people from the DDP unless they are on the deluxe plan or willing to burn 2 credits on the regular plan.

Not sure why having a kitchen would mean no need for a restaurant. I have a kitchen at home but still like to eat out from time to time. Plus the studios don’t have kitchen only the villas. I can’t speak for everyone, but if I have a villa with full kitchen I don’t cook dinners there at all. I mostly use the kitchen for breakfast an occasional lunch and snacks. Having a villa with a kitchen wouldn’t prevent me from eating at a restaurant in the resort.

Why would having guests from CBR eating at the rooftop restaurant be an issue? Many consider GF to be the true flagship resort at WDW and it’s a short (and free) monorail ride from MK and it’s 20M plus annual guests some of who are so “poor” they don’t even stay on property at a value resort let alone a moderate ;)

Club Cooloholic

I agree that signature does not automatically mean great restaurant. It just means guaranteed to be expensive. It also means less people from the DDP unless they are on the deluxe plan or willing to burn 2 credits on the regular plan.

Not sure why having a kitchen would mean no need for a restaurant. I have a kitchen at home but still like to eat out from time to time. Plus the studios don’t have kitchen only the villas. I can’t speak for everyone, but if I have a villa with full kitchen I don’t cook dinners there at all. I mostly use the kitchen for breakfast an occasional lunch and snacks. Having a villa with a kitchen wouldn’t prevent me from eating at a restaurant in the resort.

Why would having guests from CBR eating at the rooftop restaurant be an issue? Many consider GF to be the true flagship resort at WDW and it’s a short (and free) monorail ride from MK and it’s 20M plus annual guests some of who are so “poor” they don’t even stay on property at a value resort let alone a moderate ;)
No you are right, I hate cooking, but I just think these restaurants and the proximity of the other hotels, you might see more people at them than usual. Honestly, this might be the case for the Crescent lake eateries and bars as well, since they are going to be a gondola ride home away for many. Glad I am I getting in before the crowds in June(unless it's up and running by then).
Yes there are guests going to the Grand Floridian, but I doubt they are going to milling around till later in the day, or over for breakfast. Yes some, but the majority of families are ready to head back to their own resort at the end of the day. I will be curious if there are some rooms that will actually be closer to the Riviera facilities than those at CBR?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No you are right, I hate cooking, but I just think these restaurants and the proximity of the other hotels, you might see more people at them than usual. Honestly, this might be the case for the Crescent lake eateries and bars as well, since they are going to be a gondola ride home away for many. Glad I am I getting in before the crowds in June(unless it's up and running by then).
Yes there are guests going to the Grand Floridian, but I doubt they are going to milling around till later in the day, or over for breakfast. Yes some, but the majority of families are ready to head back to their own resort at the end of the day. I will be curious if there are some rooms that will actually be closer to the Riviera facilities than those at CBR?
There will be plenty of CBR rooms closer to RR than the CBR facilities. There will also be rooms at CBR that have the RR gondola station as the closest option. I wonder if the resort will be locked down like BLT with guests going up to the top floor restaurant needing to check in at the front desk and all other access points needing a room key or magic band.

correcaminos

Original Poster
There will be plenty of CBR rooms closer to RR than the CBR facilities. There will also be rooms at CBR that have the RR gondola station as the closest option. I wonder if the resort will be locked down like BLT with guests going up to the top floor restaurant needing to check in at the front desk and all other access points needing a room key or magic band.
Maybe it's just me, but BLT is easy to get in and out of even if not staying there. The lounge is harder, but the rest not so much.

Going to DHS, it might actually be easier for RR people get on at CBR. Just thinking outloud on that too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom