Unpopular Opinions: DLR Edition

mickEblu

Serious question: am I the troll?

I just joined today, fyi. I didn't think my opinion was that controversial, and I really didn't mean to start drama. But I have to be honest - I am a bit surprised by the immediate, intense reaction, especially on a theme park forum.

Yes I was referring to you. It’s just a bit of hazing that goes on here. In about 3 days we’ll love you. So long as you quit that gut POTC/ HM stuff. That’s heresy round here.

Soooooo.... we re going to need you take that back and say you were just joking.

fravit

Yes I was referring to you. It’s just a bit of hazing that goes on here. In about 3 days we’ll love you. So long as you quit that gut POTC/ HM stuff. That’s heresy round here.

Well, I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. But yeah.. I just don't really think that anything at DL is untouchable.

And I don't know what would compel someone to be so cruel to someone they don't know, especially over opinions on a Disney ride.

¯\(ツ)

Nice to meet you all.

NateD1226

Original Poster
I’m sorry but who dat?
You don't know who Katiebug is?!?! I am disappointed

fravit

Right!? If you have to park a trackless ride onto simulators (ala ROTR) to make it exciting then what’s the point?

I feel like no one is going to argue that Spiderman at IOA is less interesting of a ride because of it's ride system and lack of slopes.

At the same time... I feel like slopes are a thing they should be able to do by now? In fact I didn't know that until now. Pooh's Hunny Hunt came out in 2000. GIVE US SLOPES.

PiratesMansion

To change the subject:

DLR's Splash Mountain is a hot mess compared to its worldwide counterparts, rushing through scenes far too quickly with not enough thought into making it a coherent ride experience. It is also entirely too easy to become drenched on it, a problem the other Splash Mountains do not have in addition to being overall superior rides. I feel that the subsequent Splash Mts. have a presence and stature that DL's simply does not, and I'm not sure if that's because DL has so many more rides than the other parks, the smaller scale of the CA attraction to try and match the rest of the park, because the other Splash attractions are better, or all of the above. While I wouldn't necessarily advocate removal, I'd be the E-Ticket ride in DL Park that I'd be least offended with them changing*.

To mirror an opinion I saw in another recent thread that I entirely agree with: Timber Mountain Log Ride is 100% superior to Disneyland's Splash Mountain.

*=unless you consider Jungle Cruise an E Ticket

fravit

To change the subject:

DLR's Splash Mountain is a hot mess compared to its worldwide counterparts, rushing through scenes far too quickly with not enough thought into making it a coherent ride experience. It is also entirely too easy to become drenched on it, a problem the other Splash Mountains do not have in addition to being overall superior rides. I feel that the subsequent Splash Mts. have a presence and stature that DL's simply does not, and I'm not sure if that's because DL has so many more rides than the other parks, the smaller scale of the CA attraction to try and match the rest of the park, because the other Splash attractions are better, or all of the above. While I wouldn't necessarily advocate removal, I'd be the E-Ticket ride in DL Park that I'd be least offended with them changing*.

To mirror an opinion I saw in another recent thread that I entirely agree with: Timber Mountain Log Ride is 100% superior to Disneyland's Splash Mountain.

*=unless you consider Jungle Cruise an E Ticket

I don't disagree with you on any of the points of the ride quality. Seems like a situation where they started with a quality ride and improved in with each iteration.

Just wondering the cost benefits of doing a top to bottom refurb on DL's Splash. Seems like more trouble than it's worth for what is still a solid attraction. The show building can't be too friendly for that type of thing. Wouldn't be offended by them changing it, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom