Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kman101

So if it’s incresisngky banned and barley anyone makes a peep about it...what is the argument again?

In WDW of all places.

Contrary to popular misconceptions...the clientele is 85% American over the whole year aggregate...it’s never “all brits” (who you really don’t see smoking anyway) or “all Brazilians (who again you don’t see smoke)

??

lol. OK.

You've been in the smoking sections? You've talked to folks? I have. But I know it's easier to cheer and celebrate no smoking than understand many folks will take issue with this. It isn't about how I personally feel.

You have your stance on smoking, but it's clouding your common sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And how long has smack been illegal in say, night clubs (hint: always)? Does that stop anyone from doing it before they get in, in the bathrooms or in the alleyway? Nope!

For god’s sake...where are you hanging out in WDW? The dumpsters behind Mannequins?

This is about a high cost vacation compound that caters to a certain demographic...not the realities of a stratified world

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Rampant chemical addiction?

Yeah I think I get it. But smoking is culturally dead...which is why it became large scale popular in the first place. It will die...we might be slightly above the curve.

Besides...what chemical relaxant can you get from luckys that you don’t get 100x over after a light 11,500 calorie breakfast at crystal palace these days??

Nicotine is a highly addictive chemical. One previous surgeon general stated it should be classified the same as the opiods.

I've watch my mom and friends struggle to quit. I'm not going to belittle or criticize those who sadly are addicted.

Do I applaud Disney's efforts to reduce smoking in the parks? Yes. Do I think this is the solution? No. I think containment in smoking areas in the parks was best. Even better, smoking rooms in each park that comply with current Florida law. Disney is a big stick in this state. I'm sure their lobbyists could get a modification, if they wanted one.

Kman101

For god’s sake...where are you hanging out in WDW? The dumpsters behind Mannequins?

This is about a high cost vacation compound that caters to a certain demographic...not the realities of a stratified world

Many of us ARE talking with experience seeing this first hand. You aren't.

Once again. They aren't banning smoking because it's culturally dead. They are banning smoking because they don't want to deal with medical and legalized recreational marijuana. It's not hard to see why they're doing this when they had no issue for over 50 years offering smoking sections.

I'm personally surprised Disneyland didn't try and ban them a long time ago.

So we can all go on our soapbox and express our feelings about smoking, but I'm pretty sure Disney isn't doing this because they care you're getting second hand smoke and that smoking kills people and that smoking is "dead" (it just isn't; take a walk around Manhattan sometime ... you'll smell both; no one cares and smokes where they want and it's not enforced, you have people deliberately smoking in front of a hotel that says "NO SMOKING" ...)

PurpleJesus

Yeah I think I get it. But smoking is culturally dead...which is why it became large scale popular in the first place. It will die...we might be slightly above the curve.
People have been smoking literally for millenia on this planet; with actual historical evidence being dated to 3000-5000 BC. "Culture" never has, and never will never stand in the way of humans and their vices.

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahF

After reading the majority of the comments, it’s pretty safe to say that “non-smokers” are some of the rudest people on here. Last time I checked, smoking is not illegal. I’m not committing a felony whenever I choose to have a cigarette
Don’t tell me just quit smoking” if I wanted to quit, I would, but I don’t choose to at thiis point in time.
I had no problems with designated smoking areas. Even being a smoker, I would never just light up anywhere, I do respect other people’s concerns who do not smoke. However those same people in turn, look down on smokers as if they are beneath them, second class citizens.
Disney’s main problem was where they put the smoking areas. Some of them were right on walking paths, where you would literally see people hold their breath while they walk by. They should have been smarter about it and put them farther back where it is not a disturbance to non smokers.
I have a platinum annual pass every year to Disney. I pay just as much as a non smoker does to enjoy the parks. Why should MY time at Disney be inconvenienced just to please a non smoker? Yes it IS my right to smoke, like I said, it’s not illegal. Give back the smoking areas, and put them in places that no one would normally go to unless they were a smoker.
Unfortunately a lot of people here are correct. All that’s going to happen is people are going to sneak around a corner somewhere and light up two or theee drags, and the park will also notice a ton more cigarette butts all over the place.
I do plan on writing an official letter, only having a smoking area at the entrance is not going to satisfy smokers. Another solution needs to be made

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Nicotine is a highly addictive chemical. One previous surgeon general stated it should be classified the same as the opiods.

I've watch my mom and friends struggle to quit. I'm not going to belittle or criticize those who sadly are addicted.

Do I applaud Disney's efforts to reduce smoking in the parks? Yes. Do I think this is the solution? No. I think containment in smoking areas in the parks was best. Even better, smoking rooms in each park that comply with current Florida law. Disney is a big stick in this state. I'm sure their lobbyists could get a modification, if they wanted one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I’m not disputing the biology/science behind it. Why would someone light fires in their mouths over and over again if it wasn’t addictive? It’s not like it makes you look cool to the guys/ladies...

It’s not in Disney’s best interests to promote smoking at all...or even tolerate it. It’s about money...we’ll dance around it here...but the reality won’t change.

PurpleJesus

So which is it ?
In one post you say no one has ever noticed you vaping all over the place and in another you say you only vape in the assigned locations.
Oh, the first post? I've always used the designated areas at Disney. But, they're not the only place that designates smoking/vaping areas. Malls, restaurants, etc... I've not always followed those rules.

BoarderPhreak

Why not have a smokers lounge (indoor) inside the park like some airports? The smokers still have a spot or two inside the park while the rest of us don't have to smell it.
Have you ever BEEN in one of those boxes? Even as a smoker it's nauseating. I'd sooner take my chances outside (something you can't do at airports).

Besides, and more importantly - what's inside - must be vented outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom