best buffet for dinner?

we've booked all our adr's but now my husband is saying he wouldn't mind a Buffett! we'd only do dinner and only meat we eat is ĺchicken and fish. great dessert a plus! suggestions?
We always eat at Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom. Always. Love the buffet there. And the full bar.

Weather_Lady

Where exactly is the "Crystal Palace" located?

It's just off of the hub. To get there, you'd enter MK, walk down Main Street USA toward the castle, and then veer left (just after Casey's Corner, on the... well, corner) as if you were going to enter Adventureland. Crystal Palace is there on the left. You can't miss it.

4947014963_87544ee74a_b.jpg

FCivish3

• Boma - Large selection of good food
  • Akershus dinner - Yeah, you order an Entre, but I love their buffet salad bar
  • Biergarten - Love the German food
  • Ohana - Limited selection but what they have is good.
  • Best Character Dinner - Garden Grill restauant. Food similar to Liberty Tree Tavern, but a bit more variety, very good and lots and lots of character interaction, TIED with Akershus. No one does Disney Princesses better than Akershus
Buffets I avoid:
  • Hollywood and Vine - Very very VERY mediocre BBQ food and character interactions are just awkward
  • Crystal Palace - Always disappointing. Always. Characters are okay, but it is such a large place that they often don't make it around to everyone. Food is mediocre at best. I consider it quite sub-par. I've never had ANYTHING there that I really liked, or could remember for 5 minutes, except for the pain in my gut from trying out so many foods in the hopes of finding ONE good one.

Shouldigo12

• Best Character Dinner - Garden Grill restauant. Food similar to Liberty Tree Tavern, but a bit more variety, very good and lots and lots of character interaction, TIED with Akershus. No one does Disney Princesses better than Akershus
Buffets I avoid:
  • Hollywood and Vine - Very very VERY mediocre BBQ food and character interactions are just awkward
  • Crystal Palace - Always disappointing. Always. Characters are okay, but it is such a large place that they often don't make it around to everyone. Food is mediocre at best. I consider it quite sub-par. I've never had ANYTHING there that I really liked, or could remember for 5 minutes, except for the pain in my gut from trying out so many foods in the hopes of finding ONE good one.
Did you eat breakfast or a different meal at the Crystal Palace? I've heard that lunch and dinner can be pretty bland but breakfast (what I ate) is good.

bmmilan

we've booked all our adr's but now my husband is saying he wouldn't mind a Buffett! we'd only do dinner and only meat we eat is ĺchicken and fish. great dessert a plus! suggestions?
Trails End at The Cabins at Fort Wilderness is really good. They have fried chicken and usually some type of baked fish. Their strawberry shortcake is the best I have ever had. We go there at least once every trip. Make sure you do dinner though. They usually don't have the shortcake at brunch.

LeighM

Buffets I avoid:

I had dinner at the Halloween seasonal dine at Hollywood and Vine in 2016 and the food was actually very good with some great character experiences. None of it was BBQ type food. The only thing on the buffet I didn't like were the black noodles because they were too chewy for me. We really enjoyed the dinner. And we've had breakfast at Crystal Palace twice and both times were great although the characters were slow in coming to our table. Sorry you had bad experiences.

Dave B

I have to second the Minnie's Seasonal Dine experiences, we have had dinner there 2x and enjoyed it a lot, character interactions were great and there was a special picture with Minnie or Goofy at the end. I cant remember which one of them

Last edited:

KimAnnFran

It's just off of the hub. To get there, you'd enter MK, walk down Main Street USA toward the castle, and then veer left (just after Casey's Corner, on the... well, corner) as if you were going to enter Adventureland. Crystal Palace is there on the left. You can't miss it.

4947014963_87544ee74a_b.jpg
Oh of course, this, I can't believe I didn't realize it. Thank you.

slappy magoo

Keep in mind that if you choose a buffet at one of the resorts, that means that you'll be giving up a not-insignificant amount of park time to traveling. Although this isn't a problem if you decide to go to one on a non-park day. Just make sure you look up how to get from your resort to the one where the buffet is at.
Not necessarily, depends on the location and the plans for the day. If you're at MK, 1900 PF is a short boat ride away followed by a boat or monorail back. Easy to get to Chef Mickeys though I wouldn't recommend it for food. Cape May is a 5-10 minute walk from Intl Gateway if it's an Epcot day.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Another vote for Cape May Cafe.

Consistent quality, great variety and the chocolate flourless mini cakes are delicious!

TrojanUSC

Sadly the dining plan has downgraded a lot of the buffets where they now rely on frozen or pre-made food. Boma, on the other hand, is one of the few that offers unique, made-fresh-daily dishes. Just outstanding.

Whatever you do, avoid Chef Mickey's dinner. It's the worst food I've had at a restaurant, at Disney or elsewhere.

davictim

If you decide to do a buffet, Boma and Cape May are our favorites.

Here is an option for you since the buffets may not be the most cost effective route for dinner. Go to Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Naan bread service is a must do! Grab a couple of entrees to share, and you will have a great dinner at a lower price point than springing for the buffets. Sanaa is easily one of our favorite places on property. Again, get the bread service! You cannot go wrong with that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom