News Tiki Juice Bar to be "Mobile Order only" March 28th-30th as a test

Emmanuel

Original Poster
https://www.dailynews.com/2019/03/2...ampaign=socialflow&utm_content=tw-ladailynews

The Tiki Juice Bar will undergo some operational changes ahead of GEs opening. The stand will only be serving guests with mobile orders from 3/28-3/30 as test. Guests who are paying in cash or are unable or choose not to mobile order will be directed to the Tropical Hideaway by a cast member during the testing days.

This test is to see how this will help reduce congestion at the Adventureland entrance. The juice bar will also be closed on busy days to help with congestion.

Minnesota disney fan

As someone who doesn't have a smart phone, and doesn't carry my flipphone in the parks, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere.
I'm probably the one in a thousand, so the exercise will be good for me:)

Ismael Flores

I guess XD. Probably they’ll eventually permanently close the juice bar

i hope not, that might be the nail in the coffin for tiki room. it seems that many of the people that stop to get their juice and dole whip there end up watching the show to relax with their drinks.

i wonder if the closure would cause the show to see a lower attendance

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
i hooe not, that might he the nail in. the coffin for tiki room. it seems that many of the people that stop to get their juice and dole whip there end up watching the show to relax with their drinks.

inwonder if the closer would cause the show to see a lower attendance

I doubt it. 90% of the people that buy their juice there use the longer outer line. Maybe some of them see the Tiki Room and think, maybe I'll go to that attraction next, but I think most people buy them because they are yummy and it's hot outside.

Inside the actual attraction, maybe 10% or fewer people are having a Dole Whip and probably half of those bought one 'cause they were already waiting for the show to start and thought, "Hey, those look good. Maybe I'll get one while I'm waiting."

I honestly don't think the Tiki Room attendance has any bearing on the juice bar and would do just fine without it. The bigger concern for me would be what they would do with the area if it did close down. I love the enclosed waiting area and removing the tiki bar would mess that up. Ultimately I think I agree with those who say it will just remain open for mobile orders.

Phroobar

I never understood why all those tourists wait in a half hour long line for a Dole Whip when they can just enter the Tiki Room waiting area and get served almost immediately. It's one of the best kept secrets in the park.

mickEblu

Before mobile ordering people would line up outside instead of just getting it inside the tiki room.

I’m not sure. I think that stopped being s secret years ago. In the rare occassion I get a dole whip it’s at least a 15 minute wait for the inside line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom