News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

Missing20K

This is a truly bizarre choice. I don't get it at all. They really truly think everything has to be tied to a movie/IP. A bar in one of the nicest hotels on properties does NOT need to be based around a movie ...
SETTING: WDI Offices

DIS Marketing Exec: Surveys from GF guests have indicated they'd like more Disney.

WDI Creative Director takes a long, deep breath, followed by an extended exhale.

END SCENE.

dothebrdwalk

I think it will be cool in the end. I also think this is wrong thematically for the Grand Floridian. Especially considering they already have Be Our Guest like 2 minutes away in the Magic Kingdom. I think there are other movies they could have chosen which make more sense for the Grand Floridian that they already touch on, like Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, and Cinderella.

Calmdownnow

The theme seems like an odd choice for a bar/lounge - are they trying to make it more family-friendly? I’m not sure I like that (if it’s the intention) but I am excited about an overall expansion. An outdoor patio sounds like a great add. I hope it will still be possible to sit somewhere and listen to the orchestra.

Well, if it is themed to a Library I can't see them keeping the orchestra as no library I have ever come across has a live jazz band playing...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I wasn't defending the theming but still consider it an upgrade overall. They've been marketing the Floridian more as a magical character hotel and this fits that. I have no doubt it would draw substantially more numbers than what was there.
Should they add characters to Yachtsmen Steakhouse? Perhaps re theme Crews Cup Lounge into Elsa's Ice bar?

My point is only that it is nice to have a few places on property that offer a slightly upscale environment without characters and IP splashed in. I have had some very enjoyable times at Mizners and Crews Cup and met some great people as well and it didnt require having a movie tied into the atmosphere. Sure, there are many people who would beg for characters to be everywhere, but that doesnt mean its the bet choice. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

jt04

Should they add characters to Yachtsmen Steakhouse? Perhaps re theme Crews Cup Lounge into Elsa's Ice bar?

My point is only that it is nice to have a few places on property that offer a slightly upscale environment without characters and IP splashed in. I have had some very enjoyable times at Mizners and Crews Cup and met some great people as well and it didnt require having a movie tied into the atmosphere. Sure, there are many people who would beg for characters to be everywhere, but that doesnt mean its the bet choice. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Not everyone uses WDW in the same manner. Most are only visiting for a week or so every other year. Some use it as their year round country club. Disney has to balance those interests. I'm betting most of those carping here will be regulars.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Not everyone uses WDW in the same manner. Most are only visiting for a week or so every other year. Some use it as their year round country club. Disney has to balance those interests. I'm betting most of those carping here will be regulars.
Many of those people you are referring to will be paying a high price to stay at a resort such as GF and enjoy a nice atmosphere without children running around and screaming. Mizners offered that. They could just as easily just build a B&tB version of Sam's out by the pool or somewhere else on GF property.

There can not be balance if every restaurant/lounge/attraction on property continues to become IP based.

jt04

Many of those people you are referring to will be paying a high price to stay at a resort such as GF and enjoy a nice atmosphere without children running around and screaming. Mizners offered that. They could just as easily just build a B&tB version of Sam's out by the pool or somewhere else on GF property.

There can not be balance if every restaurant/lounge/attraction on property continues to become IP based.

Pretty sure there won't be children running around at night. Seems like this is a solution for all visitors. Claiming Disney will turn every restaurant and club into a character spot is more than a little hyperbolic. IMO.

JohnD

This is said to be Beauty and the Beast themed (live action version) when it reopens.

Must everything be re-themed to an IP? One thing I like about Mizner's is that it is a lounge to get an adult beverage, listen to the band, and relax. Nothing more. Nothing less. I have no problem with an expansion. It does feel cramped from time to time. But BatB? Sigh. . .

Calmdownnow

Pretty sure there won't be children running around at night..

I'm sorry, I think you are so wrong on this. A 140-seater lounge with a theme aimed at children is clearly going to pull in the families and where there are lots of families, there are going to be kids running around and toddlers standing on chairs as they do everywhere else, including signature restaurants.

BoarderPhreak

This is a company that just proudly declared their new hotel to be Beaux Arts and Art Nouveau.

"Don't mind the black hole in the corner."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom