Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Songbird76

Finally, we made it to Figment , but didn’t play too long because the girls wanted to see the Pixar Film Festival again!

View attachment 356842View attachment 356841View attachment 356840

When we walked out, there was a storm coming. It seems always to storm when we are in Imagination.

We booked it out and returned to the Land to ride Soarin.

View attachment 356839

Julia wanted Creme Brûlée so we stopped in SS to pick one up. I think she let me have a bite of it. lol

View attachment 356838

While we were there, Hope got some mac & cheese. The rest of us wanted to eat around the world for dinner, and usually Hope isn’t too much into the food from F&W Festival, so we figured it would be good to let her eat and then she could relax in her stroller and maybe take a nap while the rest of us walked around and stuffed ourselves.

View attachment 356837
Will Hope just sit in her stroller while you walk around? My DS will go into meltdown mode if he is "bored". We generally feed him first at a fast food place because he won't eat most things in a table service restaurant, but then when it's our turn to eat, he doesn't want to wait. He keeps asking "Are you almost done? When will you be done? Can we leave? I'm bored! When can we do <insert next activity here>?" And he certainly would not sit patiently while we went from booth to booth at a food festival. That's pretty amazing if Hope will do that!!

PrincessJasmyn

It's only TEN days away from the ADR window opening for my September trip. Are you ready to book some good eats?!

Hopefully we can meet up for a bite! :geek:
YES - we have to! I think our window opens next week!

What dates are you both there?!
I convinced my husband we need to go back again. (3 times in 3 years) I'm very lucky since we are coming from Australia! We will be there from 11th - 21st September!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Such a wonderful day in Epcot, snacking around WS is the best. 😋

Yes - it's so yummy!!

Will Hope just sit in her stroller while you walk around? My DS will go into meltdown mode if he is "bored". We generally feed him first at a fast food place because he won't eat most things in a table service restaurant, but then when it's our turn to eat, he doesn't want to wait. He keeps asking "Are you almost done? When will you be done? Can we leave? I'm bored! When can we do <insert next activity here>?" And he certainly would not sit patiently while we went from booth to booth at a food festival. That's pretty amazing if Hope will do that!!

Yes - she is good with her stroller especially when she's tired. I gave her her i-pod and she napped a bit and I think she had ice cream in France. I'm hoping for the day we will not need it anymore. As far as dinner in restaurants... We were blessed with a therapist early on in our journey that taught us so much. One thing that she stressed was mealtime and the importance of eating as a family. It was just as important for me because we always try to sit for at least dinner together everyday. So early on, she taught us how to teach Hope. She warned us never to order food for her first because by the time our food came, she would be done and restless. So the rule was that, "We all eat together." We practiced ALOT! lol There were countless meltdowns at our dinner table. But that was good - because it was her training ground. I'd rather her have her meltdowns at home than public. And boy - did she have some doozies! In the beginning she was allowed to have her i-pod or crayons and coloring before her meal came and then after she ate. It was a long process and every time she mastered something, we made it a little more challenging. When we started, just having her at the table during our meal was a HUGE accomplishment. Today, she sits without needing anything - except if we are out and a restaurant gives her an activity sheet and then she eats with all of us. We are teaching her to order her meals when we go out. After she is done, she can go back to her activity, or if we if I know we will be a while, I let her play my phone. But I really try to limit screens at the table when we are out. At home there are NO screens allowed at the table. Of course, this past year in Disney, I threw that all out the window and she had her i-pod all the time at meals. I paid the price for a few weeks after until things got back to normal. It is a LONG & TOUGH process, but so worth it!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip, I can't believe how much the girls have grown!

Thank you! Yes - they are getting so big - I can't stand it!

The others just can’t compare! He is so so so talented! 😊

I truly expected the Crocs story to entail more drama (aka Ross shenanigans), but I was happy with the outcome all the same! 😊 Looking forward to reading the rest of your report!

HAHA Sorry to disappoint, but I am so relived it was that painless! However, I'm sure Ross will try to ramp up the Ross' Shenanigans for you on our next journey!

What dates are you both there?!
I convinced my husband we need to go back again. (3 times in 3 years) I'm very lucky since we are coming from Australia! We will be there from 11th - 21st September!!

Yes we will be there then!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 14: Wednesday September 19th

As the days went on, it became harder for Ross and the girls to wake up early. I am the early person in our family – on vacation and home. But today, they had to move because we had a breakfast ADR with my favorite bear.

I started the day doing some laundry. I didn’t want to travel home with all dirty clothes, so I washed it up and started to pack what I knew we would not use again.

We made it out to the busses around 9:00. The line for MK went all the way back to the HS line! It was absolutely insane. We waited probably a half hour to get on a bus and then were on our way. We were on a double bus and it was PACKED.

On the drive, I overheard the conversation of two women who were standing in front of me. The one woman was bragging to her friend how she was sick but still “powering through”. She was coughing constantly and said how her throat was sore and she figured she was running a fever. She went on to say how her family visited Great Wolf Lodge a few months earlier and again, she was sick and boasted how even though she had a fever, managed to do all the water slides with her kids. She said that when she returned home, it turned out she had strep.

I have to say, I’m a little precautious these days. I carry thieves’ oil and make sure we wash our hands good and I even carry hand sanitizer. On the trip out, I had the girls and I wear masks on the plane since I hear that a plane ride can fester germs. But truth be told, I think we needed the masks on the Disney busses more than the plane! The day before, Julia was sitting next to a woman who was coughing non-stop right in Julia’s direction without even covering her mouth. And now, this woman a few feet away, I don’t know, I felt like bathing in antibacterial lotion.

Once we arrived at MK, we went straight for Crystal Palace.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

We walked out and into the street party, so Hope wanted to stop and dance a little.

Then we headed over to our first FP.

I promised myself we would go to Tom Sawyer Island this time since last year Irma shut it down. But did we? Nope. :(

At Splash, we were excited to see that they were handing out these Ziploc bags! (It's the little things that make us happy!)

My mermaid still wanted to wear her rain coat.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
She made it though soon we were on the widest ride in the wilderness.

It was time for FoF parade so we found a spot in front of the Hall Of Presidents and watched.

Ariel seemed to give Hope a big wave for her costume, so that was awesome.

I have to say, I don’t get tired of this parade. It is really fun to watch, although I did miss the dragon!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

About this time, the battle had begun between Ross and me. It wasn’t over anything major – like I said, I think being with each other non-stop for a week, petty things make good fights.

So when we reached Buzz, he was on his own.

It was hot, so we all took a break and got some ice-cream. We found a spot in Cosmic Rays and watched a little Sonny.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We will have to arrange a meet up at some point. What resort are your at in september? :)

We are at POP - how about you guys?

please tell me ross wears his "ears" at home...
your husband is a good dad and cool

Haha - alas, he does not wear them outside of Disney. He was so sad that "his" Little Mermaid ears finally fell apart when we got home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom