Bought an annual pass, now what?

burghlando

Original Poster
Hello all, I bought an annual pass about a week back, not activating until June 5th though. Someone I work with told me I need to pick my AP magicband and clip, but I didn't see any option for that on MDE. She also said they might be sending me a magnet, but wasn't sure. Will I receive anything in the mail, or anything when I activate? Thanks for the help, this is my 1st time doing the AP.

Nottamus

My Magnet didn't come right away. Or right after either...I ended up calling them after awhile.

As far as activation....you just have to go to GUEST RELATIONS at the entrance to any park to activate. Doesn't take long at all. The easiest we found so far was the Guest Relations at AK. Lines always shorter and faster.

After you activate, you'll get your MDE thing for Magic Bands.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
After you activate, you'll get your MDE thing for Magic Bands.

"thing" aka Entitlement. When you activate your AP, your MDE account will be credited with an entitlement for a magic band, so you'll need to buy if you dont have one already linked to your account if you want to use one.

Tony the Tigger

Don’t buy a magic band for your AP unless you expect to stay offsite most of the time. You’ll get a free one every time you book a room on property.

You can go to Guest Services for your AP card, which you need to show for certain discounts, AP entry line access, etc.

disneygeek90

Don’t buy a magic band for your AP unless you expect to stay offsite most of the time. You’ll get a free one every time you book a room on property.

You can go to Guest Services for your AP card, which you need to show for certain discounts, AP entry line access, etc.
Or if you want fun bands! I never wear any plain colored ones anymore. The limited edition park and character bands are far too fun.

Janir

Or if you want fun bands! I never wear any plain colored ones anymore. The limited edition park and character bands are far too fun.
And with the ability to replace the centers, you can keep your fun bands that you buy and just swap out the center each year for a fresh magic band 2 center with a newer battery. Unless you don't want WDW tracking you in the park then keep your band after a year when the battery is dead for the radio transmitter. The NFC contact will still work for years for tapping to get into parks and for FP+'s , you just miss out on the location placement extras.

disneygeek90

And with the ability to replace the centers, you can keep your fun bands that you buy and just swap out the center each year for a fresh magic band 2 center with a newer battery. Unless you don't want WDW tracking you in the park then keep your band after a year when the battery is dead for the radio transmitter. The NFC contact will still work for years for tapping to get into parks and for FP+'s , you just miss out on the location placement extras.
I've had some bands for 4+ years, even the old style, and still going strong. I've never had one die, but now that you can easily swap the pucks out when they do is reassuring. I have a collection of magicbands on a watch rack, probably around 20 now. I don't do pin trading, so I like collecting these.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom