News Incident at Spaceship Earth today (3/16/19)

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
So, today as I was riding Spaceship Earth, it became apparent that almost every AA figure was dead. This included key figures such as the Greek scholar and Phoenicians, all the way down to minor ones like Steve Jobs. As if this wasn’t bad enough, I got the wrong people on my touchscreen ending. Is this a maintenance issue or did someone forget to turn on the animation? Either way, poor show.

MaryJaneP

Did you tell any CM? We had a ride on SM a few years ago that was sub-optimal due to ALL the AA's being inactive (read "slumped over like they were dead"). Since it was early in the day, when we told the CMs, they said something like we were the first to tell them this and that someone must have forgotten to turn on the various circuits powering the AAs.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Did you tell any CM? We had a ride on SM a few years ago that was sub-optimal due to ALL the AA's being inactive (read "slumped over like they were dead"). Since it was early in the day, when we told the CMs, they said something like we were the first to tell them this and that someone must have forgotten to turn on the various circuits powering the AAs.
This. I was the first to ride RnRC one morning and the onboard audio wasn't turned on yet. When we pointed it out they let us ride again without getting back in line.

Liberty6

On all attractions there’s is a button in the control center of the attraction that is called “Show Stop”. During any downtime you are suppose to engage the show stop button so that cast members (or guests during guest during a evac) can access points of the attraction without being in danger of an animatronic hitting you. Sometimes either the cast member doesn’t disengage the button or even if they do the hydraulic fluid doesn’t flow back in to make the figures move again, When this happens someone has to notice and it may require another ride stop for engineering to go back in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom