Is there a smell....

HMFan999

This is a weird one, but there is some cleaning agent that Disney uses... I'll randomly smell it some random place and it will instantly take me back to WDW. I've been trying to figure out what it actually is for years, but I don't even have a clue where to start looking.

Paper straw fan

I wish! It’s odd but one of the first things my senses do when I get to a WDW or Universal resort and walk into the lobby- that smell is the first thing that brings me back. Unless there was a huge line to check in, I sometimes miss that now w express check in, walking into a grand entrance to make my way to the lobby at the beginning of a trip.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My hot tub uses bromine so it takes me back to Splash Mountain and PotC. :)'

Also I purchased a candle that smells juts like the Yacht and Beach club. I can't light it much though, my cats try to knock it over to burn my house down :hilarious:

But those are my favorite smells!

zurgandfriend

The sulfur smell/taste of water in Florida always reminds of WDW.
Chlorine always reminds me of a resort pool.
The smell of popcorn popping, our local hardware story pops pop corn on the weekends, also the local Walmart has a Subway that pops corn. Each time I visit either I am reminded of The magic Kingdom pop corn stand.

MickeyLuv'r

This is a weird one, but there is some cleaning agent that Disney uses... I'll randomly smell it some random place and it will instantly take me back to WDW. I've been trying to figure out what it actually is for years, but I don't even have a clue where to start looking.

I think it might actually be a pumped in fragrance. As in there are businesses that specifically create these kinds of fragrances. I can't name the company, but try a quick search.

I have encountered a few places that use a fragrance similar to the one they use at GF. And oh, my goodness...sometimes at GF it is overpowering! Actually, probably the worst is the Hard Rock at Universal. Phew! the scent in the lobby is overpowering!

As to the OP's post....I have a few triggers:

1. certainly the hotel fragrance you describe- at GF and BC.
  2. strong orange scent - Soarin'.
  3. H20 products (also the old Mickey Disney shampoo that predated H20 products)

Phonedave

Smells can be a very strong trigger. For some reason I have never had a smell remind me of WDW.

However every time I hear the radio spot for NY Yankees tickets that uses "Welcome Home" from The Majestic Symphony it makes be think of WDW.

draybook

Yep, the bathroom. Every time someone drops a deuce in our hallway bathroom and I walk past it, I feel like I'm walking by the Innoventions building. Really takes me away like Calgon...

NiarrNDisney

Yep, the bathroom. Every time someone drops a deuce in our hallway bathroom and I walk past it, I feel like I'm walking by the Innoventions building. Really takes me away like Calgon...

Where's the vomit emoji?

On the subject of bathrooms... The powdered soap in the Nine Dragons Restaurant bathrooms had a great smell that having used it at other establishments totally brought me back.

Mickey5150

Last time I was there I bought a tea called Lapsang Souchong from the Twinings store. It has a very unique taste and smell. It smells like the burning of Rome and takes me back every time I drink it.

TARDIS

Strange one but one trip I forgot my hairspray so I had to buy whatever they had in the gift shop. Since that was the first and only time I used that brand, now every time I get a whiff of it I’m instantly taken back to Disney.

Paper straw fan

They are pretty gross! I refuse to use either of them and try to avoid even walking by them especially the ones on FW West.

What happens 95% of the time is either coming from the resort or if I’m just driving from home, that winds up being our first stop for a restroom break, since there’s tables and chairs right there. The first few I just didn’t put 2&2 together and would think “whoa is today the Epcot chili and curry festival?

DisneyAubs

When my kids were babies/toddlers and ate those little puffs there is an apple flavor we used to get that smells just like the apple pie scent in the Be Our Guest scene of Mickey’s Philharmagic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom