Gunn Returns

NelsonRD

Original Poster
It is being reported that James Gunn has been rehired by Disney for "Guardians of the Galaxy 3"

This has to be the most disgusting disspointing decision Disney has ever made, and outweighs any price increases, quality control, and reduction of benefits ever. Does this mean Roseanne and John Lasseter will return as well? I bet not.

Very poor judgement Disney.

peter11435

It is being reported that James Gunn has been rehired by Disney for "Guardians of the Galaxy 3"

This has to be the most disgusting disspointing decision Disney has ever made, and outweighs any price increases, quality control, and reduction of benefits ever. Does this mean Roseanne and John Lasseter will return as well? I bet not.

Very poor judgement Disney.

You do know this is not the appropriate forum for this thread?

righttrack

Call me old-fashioned but I don't care what people say. I care what they do. If you search the twitters of all sorts of people going back ten years, you'll find something regrettable no matter who you are looking at. He's only guilty of not properly scrubbing his twitter as he became more famous.

He truly "gets" Guardians of the Galaxy. It's hard to find someone else with that vision.

drizgirl

Call me old-fashioned but I don't care what people say. I care what they do. If you search the twitters of all sorts of people going back ten years, you'll find something regrettable no matter who you are looking at. He's only guilty of not properly scrubbing his twitter as he became more famous.

He truly "gets" Guardians of the Galaxy. It's hard to find someone else with that vision.
So Roseanne gets a pass then?

slappy magoo

I've said stuff on this very forum that would have gotten me kicked out of a director's chair. Doesn't mean I actually did the things I described.
I'm more concerned about people in power who harass or molest or otherwise foment an abusive atmosphere, who are never held accountable because of their success.
The actions and behavior of people like Ratner & Spacey and Singer and Weinstein are more repugnant to me. Gunn was a dopey cyber loudmouth who joked about inappropriate things purely for the shock value but reportedly inspired a lot of loyalty and goodwill on his sets.
If a human tree trunk like Bautista, who can wipe off the face of the Earth anyone he finds offensive, would go to the mat for Gunn, I gotta think he's mat-worthy.
If a born-again/goody-two-shoes like Chris Pratt is OK with him, I gotta think maybe we should be, too.

I reserve the right to delete this message if it turns out Gunn did any of the things he joked about doing.

Herbie

If you read the "black market"/"dark web" of Hollywood gossip, apparently Gunn isn't so innocent -- and Disney had known for some time. Seems reasonable to think they only fired him to go with the times and are rehiring him for the same reason.

CaptainAmerica

While his attempt of shock humor was/is offensive and in poor taste. His actions since those comments and his apology show he is sorry for those comments. I am in no way condoning his comments from 10+ years ago.

This was a scandal cook up by a right-wing site to get him fired because they were mad at him for criticizing the Republican Party' s policies.

Disney fell for the false outrage and fired Gunn. Now they have come to their senses.
The problem I have is that Disney caves to left wing outrage all the time and they never reverse course in those instances.

NelsonRD

Original Poster
He made jokes. Doesn't make him a bad person. I think everyone should just not use social media, but that is another story.

Not sure if you heard the recent news about Lasseter but he is returning in animation, I'm amazed a company was willing to hire him despite how uncomfortable he made his employees feel.

And so was Gunn, he returned to directing under the Warner Brothers project.

NelsonRD

Original Poster
It isn't relevant to anything concerning Walt Disney World News, Rumors, or Current Events. Seriously I wish people would stop posting irrelevant crap in this part of the forum. We have a TWDC subforum for a reason

How is this not news?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom