News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t like the plastic look though. It’s defintley a different material than what was there previously. Were the turret shingles made of wood before?

I don't know what material they were made of previously. But I do remember the many photo articles MC wrote about the dent in one of them. So obviously they weren't made of wood.

Anyways like I said a couple weeks in the sun in my opinion will likely change the look to be more in-line with how it looked previously.

mickEblu

I don't know what material they were made of previously. But I do remember the many photo articles MC wrote about the dent in one of them. So obviously they weren't made of wood.

Anyways like I said a couple weeks in the sun in my opinion will likely change the look to be more in-line with how it looked previously.

Well if not made from wood they looked like some sort of Faux wood and I preferred that.

Hopefully as the shininess wears off so will the appearance of it looking plasticky.

TROR

I just associate Aurora more with her pink dress than her blue one so I prefer the pinkish hues that existed previously on the castle to the newer bluish ones.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well if not made from wood they looked like some sort of Faux wood and I preferred that.

Hopefully as the shininess wears off so will the appearance of it looking plasticky.

I think we're also judging something before its finished. So things could look different when its completed.

Nland316

I do recall that post 2005 refurb when the roofs were redone for the 50th, they looked very much like plastic too. Way more prominent than this.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No, we never do that around here.
Nah-man-that-aint-me-Meme-Picture.jpg

IMDREW

I really loved the more pastel colors.. but reserving judgement untill they’re finished. Anyone know the targeted finish date for the castle? I’ll be there 1st of May and would hate to miss the new look by a few weeks..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom