Southwest Airlines Deal

CLEtoWDW

So I was looking for flights (from Nashville) on Southwest.com today and I noticed something eye catching.... there are some incredibly discounted fares available right now to Orlando. Now the catch is these flights involve the 737-8 and obviously with the planes currently being grounded that explains the deep discount. But in my opinion this is a no risk situation because one of two things will happen: 1) FAA clears the planes to fly again and you just scored a phenomenal price for your flight. 2) FAA doesn’t clear the planes in time for your flight yet Southwest allows you to change your flight without any fees or additional incurred cost. Again, these fares only apply to 737-8 flights!

CLEtoWDW

Original Poster
Update: other cities with these deals: Buffalo, Boston, Chicago, Detroit (via connection in Nashville), Hartford, New York, Philadelphia,
Providence, Raleigh, and Washington (Reagan).

Upvote 0

Jahona

Eh most likely if the B38M isn't cleared to fly yet by the FAA, Southwest will probably just sub out the plane for one of their -700 or -800s. Doesn't mater the plane really they would still be making money off the flight.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

Original Poster
Eh most likely if the B38M isn't cleared to fly yet by the FAA, Southwest will probably just sub out the plane for one of their -700 or -800s. Doesn't mater the plane really they would still be making money off the flight.
I’m not implying they are losing money I’m just pointing out these flights are a great value compared normal fares through SW.

Upvote 0

Jahona

I’m not implying they are losing money I’m just pointing out these flights are a great value compared normal fares through SW.

Oh no I was more commenting on the fact that you most likely wouldn't need to change your flight if the Max is still grounded. I probably should have quoted a specific part of your comment. But yeah cheap airfare on Southwest is always a great thing.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh no I was more commenting on the fact that you most likely wouldn't need to change your flight if the Max is still grounded. I probably should have quoted a specific part of your comment. But yeah cheap airfare on Southwest is always a great thing.
If it looks like they'll lose a lot of money, they'll cancel that flight and schedule a new one half-an-hour later.

Upvote 0

Jahona

If it looks like they'll lose a lot of money, they'll cancel that flight and schedule a new one half-an-hour later.

Maybe but not typically with Southwest. Even if that flight doesn't fill up it doesn't mean that plane isn't needed for later routes. A lot of their flights move from location to the next. Southwest doesn't always follow the hub and spoke concept that the legacy airlines do.

Upvote 0

wendysue

So I was looking for flights (from Nashville) on Southwest.com today and I noticed something eye catching.... there are some incredibly discounted fares available right now to Orlando. Now the catch is these flights involve the 737-8 and obviously with the planes currently being grounded that explains the deep discount. But in my opinion this is a no risk situation because one of two things will happen: 1) FAA clears the planes to fly again and you just scored a phenomenal price for your flight. 2) FAA doesn’t clear the planes in time for your flight yet Southwest allows you to change your flight without any fees or additional incurred cost. Again, these fares only apply to 737-8 flights!
What dates were you looking at? I don't see anything really cheap (except late at night) and I've been looking every day.

Upvote 0

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
But are these just the 800s not the max version?

You can use sites like Seat Guru to attempt to figure out what plane is assigned to what flight. I say attempt because airlines can change out a plane at the last minute or in advanced due to technical or logistic issues.

It's also good to point out that a 737-800 and a 737-MAX 8 are NOT the same plane. You will also see the 737-800 abbreviated as 737NG or 738 at times. Good information to have if your looking to pick non MAX flights. Obviously if the best way to confirm anything is to contact your carrier.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I was looking at dates from May through July....
I had been looking at flights from various airlines for a few weeks and finally bought airfare on SW for a June flight 2 weeks ago. I saw your post and started kicking myself a little, but when I ran the same times the price is now a little higher. Might you are just surprised by their typical low fares

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom