WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

n2hifi

My kids (and wife) have never seen the arched entrances because Google has always directed us through the North Entrance. The worst part was when Google directed us to turn into the employee entrance for Poly. We had to make cars back up behind us to let us out. Embarrassing!

I can't help but wonder - does Disney have any pull/recourse with Google Maps, etc, to NOT show that as a viable route when people search for directions? Obviously, there are the primary entrances (which have the arches)...I suppose, though, that this is in part a response to people "discovering" the northern entrance and seeing some of the backstage areas. At least this new path will keep the average driver from seeing some of the Magic behind-the-scenes...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I tried doing directions on Google Maps from a few addresses behind Magic Kingdom and it did route you through the North entrance.

ryguy

Never understood why local municipalities don't mandate road expansion when developers propose big commercial or residential developments. The north Tampa area suburbs are a prime example. Way too many massive subdivision's on secondary two lane roads. The horrible traffic becomes a quality of life issue. North of Disney same sort of thing. The rub north of Disney is that was all orange groves so it should have been easy to build the proper roads.

deeevo

Never understood why local municipalities don't mandate road expansion when developers propose big commercial or residential developments. The north Tampa area suburbs are a prime example. Way too many massive subdivision's on secondary two lane roads. The horrible traffic becomes a quality of life issue. North of Disney same sort of thing. The rub north of Disney is that was all orange groves so it should have been easy to build the proper roads.
Same thing is happening down here in Parrish. We are blowing up with new housing developments everywhere and they are doing nothing about the roads. Lakewood Ranch got it right because there was one developer and they built the infrastructure. In Parrish there are many developers and they could careless about the roads. In 5 years it is going to be like Tampa Palms in the 90's all over again.

JoeCamel

Same thing is happening down here in Parrish. We are blowing up with new housing developments everywhere and they are doing nothing about the roads. Lakewood Ranch got it right because there was one developer and they built the infrastructure. In Parrish there are many developers and they could careless about the roads. In 5 years it is going to be like Tampa Palms in the 90's all over again.
Hey neighbor, right up the road from you. Gonna be bad soon, I'm planning to sell and get out

JoeCamel

Very off topic , but how do you like that part of Florida? I'm growing bored of Orlando and I'm looking at heading south, just not sure which part of South FL.
It is very nice and rural now but there housing developments popping up all over. It will be like the Otown burbs in no time at all. Maybe that new area the Mormons are building south of I-4 for a bit but all of Florida is getting overbuilt

lazyboy97o

They do by assessing impact fees. The problem isn’t the size of the roads but how these developments are designed, limiting options of how to get around.

mwf5555

Any updates or expected completion date? Few months back it looked like they were focusing more time to the project and progress was being made.
Does anyone know when the extension to Floridian Way is going to open? It's like they are taking their sweet time to paint stripes on a road...

UpDog71

Does anyone know when the extension to Floridian Way is going to open? It's like they are taking their sweet time to paint stripes on a road...
The county meeting to discuss opening with Reedy Creek was supposed to occur in April, but they ran out of time for the topic at the meeting. It's been pushed to the next meeting in June. I'd tentatively anticipate an opening in early July.

djjohng

They just repaved it last week or the week before. I drive the North Service Area weekdays when I go to work. They have speed limit signs up (40 MPH if you care), but no stripes yet. I hope they open it soon, I would love to bypass Center Drive on my way to and from work.

mm121

Probably not for awhile, as opening it would increase traffic cutting across Seven Seas from world drive to floridian as you currently cant head north directly on floridian.

This phase isn't really useful until phase 2 and 3 are complete.

Phase 2 plans were just announced recently to redo floridian by the mk exit and car care center

trr1

with the new road will Disney remove the old road so that they can add more land to the Magic Kingdom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom