Ever had this happen before? A turnstile saga...

draybook

Original Poster
saga
1. The quality or condition of being dramatic to the point of exceeding what is normally considered drama.

All this over having to show a card to ensure the AP line doesn't turn into a general admission line? Self induced saga when drama was not even required. IMHO

Odd, that's not even in the top three definitions given by Miriam Webster. I prefer #3

: a long detailed account

And you seem to be yet another knuckledragger that didn't bother reading how the turns...you know what, I'm not explaining myself to you. Reread the post and have a nice day.

smile

So upon entry at AK today, we had a first time experience at the turnstile. There was a young lady CM standing in front of one side of the AP turnstile so I assumed it was closed and we got in line for the other side.

After she saw someone behind us holding their AP card, she waved them over and told them to come through. So, I naturally followed suit. She said, "sir, you have to be an annual passholder for this line." I said yeah, I know. Then she said she needed to see my ticket. I said no you don't, the turnstile reads it and I'm using my magic band. She said yes, I need to see it and I said no you don't. As it turned green, I said see, I'm an AP holder and I know what I'm doing and how this works.

First off, yeah, I tend to be snarky when they do stupid things like stand in front of the turnstile and then say they have to see your AP card. In the 10 years and 19 trips of entering parks, I've never had this happen before. Has this happened to you?

I know they have an issue with non holders coming through their line and o wouldn't have minded as much to show her my card had she not been standing in front of it and doing her best Gandalf, you shall not pass impression.

congrats for not allowing your ego to tarnish by yielding your power to the cm doing her job
...for her own sake, maybe she'll think twice before questioning the likes of you again

hope you walked away with a strut while reminding friends/family you don't take that mess 🤣

lol, seems pretty simple doesn't it.

extraordinarily simple - we just tend to make it not so

KINGLOUIS1993

Yes they did. I didn't start out rude, til he did. As I'm trying to say about the magicband his eyes would roll he would just keep interrupting me. It probably took me 5 minutes to complete a sentence. To be honest, if I wasn't in disney there's good chance he'd have gotten popped.

Prince-1

Odd, that's not even in the top three definitions given by Miriam Webster. I prefer #3

: a long detailed account

And you seem to be yet another knuckledragger that didn't bother reading how the turns...you know what, I'm not explaining myself to you. Reread the post and have a nice day.

Awww, I guess you have a limited vocabulary so you resort to insulting people (and not even clever insults...very telling) when people confront you about a knuckle dragging (it's two words btw) incident that you displayed. Now please think about your response and please try to come up with a clever retort.

Tony the Tigger

Yeah, we've been over this, little guy. I've already admitted to assuming that their 2 billion dollar system would be able to scan only APs. That's on me for assuming. If you want to continue beating the dead horse and get something off of your chest, be a man and pm me and we can converse about it. Otherwise, quit being a nag.

What’s with that weird thing where you have now called more than one person “little?”

Insecure much?

You posted on a public website; you’re going to get responses that don’t stroke your fragile ego.

Buckle up, buttercup.

Bpmorley

Wow, everyone so quick to defend disney. His attitude with me was horrible customer service. I was being nice, but after numerous interruptions and eye rolls right to my face, it was time to not be nice. And that's how I would handle it if it happened again. Can't expect to talk to people like that and them just take it. I hope the kid, and by kid probably early to mid 20s, learns to talk nice to clientele in the future.

JeffH

How else are they supposed to maintain this perk? You should look at your AP card as a VIP card and be 'proud' to present it just because you ARE special. Like a Landry's card, present it at a Landry's restaurant (T-Rex, Rainforest, YakYeti) for special VIP treatment. If there is a line (going nowhere) at the AP line, then sure a CM should head to the middle and start verifying AP privileges, I'd want them to so I can get in quicker. Now if there was no line then there is no reason to hassle anybody...

Bpmorley

How else are they supposed to maintain this perk? You should look at your AP card as a VIP card and be 'proud' to present it just because you ARE special. Like a Landry's card, present it at a Landry's restaurant (T-Rex, Rainforest, YakYeti) for special VIP treatment. If there is a line (going nowhere) at the AP line, then sure a CM should head to the middle and start verifying AP privileges, I'd want them to so I can get in quicker. Now if there was no line then there is no reason to hassle anybody...
I've had multiple APs over the years. Once they started the MBs for park entrance I never carried the card again. I don't believe I ever purchased anything where I had to use the card. I do remember in disney springs once them asking if I had any discounts. I said DVC, visa and AP. The girl said ok and just applied whatever it was. Unless that was before MBs, I don't remember. I remember having to show ID and that's fine. If I had the card on me, no problem. But I never do/did. If the kid would have just allowed me to finish a sentence without interrupting and not rolled his eyes, would have been no issue. But his attitude started the whole thing. At that point I didn't even want the shirt. I think I actually threw it in my fire pit when it came. The point I was trying to make with the MB is they know if you are or aren't an AP holder. When i pull into the parking lot and they scan it, when you enter the park, and on that night the guy giving out the MVMCP tickets knew. So how can't the scanned in the store know? But I never got to finish the question as he just kept interrupting me.

Bpmorley

You get what you give shrug. Passholes (as people like you are called) don't deserve the gold carpet treatment when you throw temper tantrums and berate Cast Members for following company policies; particularly over a measly 20% disocunt. You are lucky I wasn't the supervisor that had to step in and rectify your idiocy because you would have had a delightful visit from security.
I wish you were now. I waited for security. I didn't realize you were there to see my "tantrum" I think the only other person that knew what was going on was the guy behind me. I don't know how that qualifies as a tantrum? Again some people think disney can do no wrong.

draybook

Original Poster
congrats for not allowing your ego to tarnish by yielding your power to the cm doing her job
...for her own sake, maybe she'll think twice before questioning the likes of you again

hope you walked away with a strut while reminding friends/family you don't take that mess 🤣

extraordinarily simple - we just tend to make it not so

No, I simply scanned my band and went about my business. Also, it's "to be tarnished". Maybe some of you are okay being talked down to but I'm not. To each their own.

draybook

Original Poster
What’s with that weird thing where you have now called more than one person “little?”

Insecure much?

You posted on a public website; you’re going to get responses that don’t stroke your fragile ego.

Buckle up, buttercup.

Because for all of the ing and moaning you do about what I post, you sure seem to follow me all over the forums. If you don't like what I post, do something about it or keep on trucking, little fella.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We entered Epcot last year (and the entrance was very crowded) and there was CM standing at the end of the line for the AP entrance telling people who walked up that it was for AP only. It seemed to be quite effective as we watched many people turn away and go back to the other turnstiles. This would be a good option when it gets slammed at the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom