Trip Report The "I Can't See!!" Trip Report

Welcome everyone!! I'm so excited to get started on this TR!! I wanted to start it a week or so ago but life gets in the way.... I finally have some time to devote to this so here we go!!!

WHO: "The same old, same old crew": myself, my nephew J & my sister E

WHERE: The usual:) Port Orleans Riverside

WHEN: Sunday, February 3rd-Thursday, February 7th

THE REASON FOR THE TITLE:
All this and I still couldn't see!!:arghh: My vision issues came into play many times during this trip.

To explain this a bit.....
A few weeks before the trip I went for my yearly eye exam. My doctor said my eyes were extremely dry so she prescribed me steroid drops to take for a week. When I went back a week later she said I could order glasses but wanted me to try different contacts before I ordered them. She felt given my dry eyes my best bet was going to be contacts that are disposed of daily(they're awesome but not cheap in the least). She gave me a bunch of samples but unfortunately she didn't have any samples in the multifocals. She said that I would have to use readers with the contacts since the samples were only for distance. But her main concern at that point was figuring out which contacts would be most comfortable for me. My new glasses came in three days before we left so I was able to have them but to be totally honest--I ABSOLUTELY HATE WEARING GLASSES. Reasons: Can't wear sunglasses, get spotted in the rain, fog up when you go from the cold into the heat, & the biggest thing for me--my perception(esp. walking down steps) is totally different with glasses--you don't know how many times I trip when I have them on!! I've worn contacts since high school so I'm used to them & that's what I prefer. I will admit for years I would sleep with them in, wake up, squirt some saline in my eyes & I was good to go. If you're reading this & have that habit please stop it now. It's what caused my dry eyes & even though it's not the worst problem to have it's still not comfortable.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND
I was double checking my suitcase & happened to jump on MDE. It was like deja vu(this happened when we were there in September also). E & J's reservation was showing but mine was nowhere to be found.

I closed out, opened the app again then was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD
I was awakened shortly after midnight by a text from E. Uh-oh, trouble already & we haven't left yet!!

Keep in mind my last text to her--it will come into play later!!

When I got up that morning it hit me like a ton of bricks'"If she doesn't have luggage tags she's not set up for ME then either". I texted her to let her know that but she never responded. Our flight wasn't leaving until 1:45 that afternoon so she & I both went to work that morning. We ran into each other at Starbucks(what's the chances of that:hilarious:)on our way to our works. I asked her if she saw the text I sent her that morning & she said no. I told her she probably was going to have an issue with the ME. She said she would call them after she took care of a few things at work.

We left at 11:45 for the airport. We wanted to leave a little earlier but E's husband didn't think it was necessary since it was a Sunday & there wouldn't be too much traffic and b/c we had TSA Precheck.
J's excited to go!!

J & I couldn't really talk on the way to the airport. E & her husband are both funeral directors and they were both on their phones making arrangements for two different families at the same time. Those conversations sounded pretty interesting let me tell you....
Side note:the best is when we're in line for something at Disney & she's on the phone with work & says something like "Did someone pick him up from the morgue yet?" You should see the looks she gets!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

E hard at work....

I bet you can tell which suitcase is mine.

We bid farewell to E's husband & headed to the non existent TSA Precheck line!!

riverside

Original Poster
Great trip report as always! I think all it does anywhere anymore is rain. Better than snow though, for sure.
Thank you very much!! And we are finally headed for spring so that means that there's more rain right around the corner!! But yes, it's way better than snow.
As a huge Harry Potter fan, I must inform you that those aren't just jelly beans, they're Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. While they have the normal flavours such as strawberry, cinnamon, and lemon drop, they also have vomit, dirt, and booger 😂 The rotten egg one is the worst thing I have ever tasted.🤢 I have had a box of those on my shelf for a few years that I have not dared to open. It is now purely decorative :hilarious:

Great report as always!! :inlove:
So, that may very well explain why my niece didn't look super thrilled when I gave them to her. I even asked her if I had got them for her before & she said yes so I guess she probably knew what she was in for!! Oops!!
I have to wait 18 days + the length of your trip + the length of time before you start the TR? 😢 (That is the long-winded way of saying I 💕 your TRs)
Thank you so much--that's so sweet!!
18 days + not that long of a trip + I promise to start ASAP after I get back = less than a month from now--I promise!!
I am not a baker but I think Robin Hood flour is still popular in Canada - I still see it on the shelves

Max
I may have you send me some when my mom runs out!!
Great trip report! I'm looking forward to hearing your take on Flower and Garden since I can't make it there this year.
Thank you!! I will be sure to let you know. That's probably my favorite out of Epcot's many festivals. Everything is so bright & fun!!

TheMouseFan

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I thoroughly enjoyed following along! I'm so jealous you get to experience Flower and Garden and can't wait to see all your pics!

riverside

Original Poster
Great report and looking forward to the next adventure!!
Thank you!! :)
Another great trip report! Hope your next adventure goes a little more smoothly with your vision
Thank you!! You & me both!! But it should now that I have my year's supply of multifocals!!
Excellent TR!

I especially enjoyed seeing J’s photography skills.
Thank you!!
Ha--I'm sure they'll be more next time too!!
Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I thoroughly enjoyed following along! I'm so jealous you get to experience Flower and Garden and can't wait to see all your pics!
Thank you & thanks for reading!! I'll make sure I take lots of pics!!

MickeyCB

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH

I headed out a little after 7 for my morning walk.

I just love this picture!!
View attachment 354822

I headed down to FQ to get......
View attachment 354823

View attachment 354824

I took them back to my room & found this waiting for me.
View attachment 354825

I headed back out to continue my walk.
View attachment 354826

View attachment 354827

When I got back I noticed the detail in the border--probably b/c I had my glasses on!!
View attachment 354828

I got ready, ate my beignet, & watched the must-do's while I waited for E & J.
View attachment 354829

I've never noticed the Mickey in the light fixture before.
View attachment 354830

We had a FP coming up for BTMRR & E texted me to say that J was still sleeping & to go ahead without them so I wouldn't miss the FP time. I texted her to open her door so I could give her the beignets. J was starting to wake then. He asked where I was going & I told him MK. His response:"Make sure you call us when you get there!!":joyfull:

I went to the South Depot & the lines were crazy but 2 MK buses came within a few minutes. I knew I would never get on the first one. I ended up on the next one & we ended up pulling out before the first one!!
View attachment 354831
I absolutely love your pictures from your morning walks, and you get some serious points for adding all of that walking to a Disney park day!

riverside

Original Poster
Great report, as always!!!!
I'm looking forward to the next one and happy that you get to go back very soon!
Can't wait to hear about it!
Thank you very much!! I'm excited to go back also!!
Oh no!! I will wave from the car on our way back home! Third times a charm for sure!! :)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
I am a pretty avid baker. Have your mom check out King Arthur flour. It is the only flour I use. It gives great results. Might be a suitable replacement for the Robin Hood flour. :)
We sell that where I work at. I'll have to mention that to her. Thanks!!
Great report! Can't wait to hear about your next one - and find out what the special purpose for the trip is!
Thank you very much!! The purpose is kind of silly but funny at the same time!!
Looking forward to your next Disney adventure 😁
Thank you--me too!! :)
Enjoyed your TR and all of J's pictures that went along with it! Looking forward to your next one!
Thank you!! I wonder what he is going to contribute to the next one??:hilarious: I hope you're having a great time!!
I absolutely love your pictures from your morning walks, and you get some serious points for adding all of that walking to a Disney park day!
Thank you!! The sad thing of it is when I got home I weighed 3 lbs. more than when I left!!:jawdrop: I knew I shouldn't have ate that cupcake....
As always it was a pleasure of reading your tripreport!
Thank you so much for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Songbird76

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I must inform you that those aren't just jelly beans, they're Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. While they have the normal flavours such as strawberry, cinnamon, and lemon drop, they also have vomit, dirt, and booger 😂 The rotten egg one is the worst thing I have ever tasted.🤢 I have had a box of those on my shelf for a few years that I have not dared to open. It is now purely decorative :hilarious:

Great report as always!! :inlove:
Alas...ear wax.

disneyfan28

Great trip report as always, thanks for sharing we are headed to the world in 50 days!

I live in the Pittsburgh area also and I think I saw J and his dad at Pittsburgh Mills Walmart yesterday....I'm almost positive it was him.

riverside

Original Poster
All muscle!
Haha!! That's one way to look at it!! I've actually lost the 3 lbs. since though!!
Great trip report as always, thanks for sharing we are headed to the world in 50 days!

I live in the Pittsburgh area also and I think I saw J and his dad at Pittsburgh Mills Walmart yesterday....I'm almost positive it was him.
Thank you very much!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

I"m not sure what they were up to that day but it is a good possibility that it was them!! It's a small world.... I'll have to ask them if they were there then!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom