News Walt Disney World theme park ticket price increases go into effect March 12 2019

flynnibus

Premium Member
In Japan, Hong Kong and other parks they dont get the crowds so Disney charges less

First.. it's not Disney that sets the prices for Japan. Second... TDL doesn't get the crowds? What are you smoking?

The prices aren't the highest around because they use different tools than than just the simpleton logic of "more bodies means, charge more until it stops"

They use other tools to shape visiting behaviors... which Disney has yet to do for WDW or DLR.

mikejs78

Premium Member
View attachment 356704

First.. it's not Disney that sets the prices for Japan. Second... TDL doesn't get the crowds? What are you smoking?

The prices aren't the highest around because they use different tools than than just the simpleton logic of "more bodies means, charge more until it stops"

They use other tools to shape visiting behaviors... which Disney has yet to do for WDW or DLR.
TDL doesn't get the crowds MK gets. That's a fact. There's a 4M visitor a year difference. That's an average of an additional 11,000 people per day at MK. Also, what's the ride capacity at TDL vs MK?

flynnibus

Premium Member
TDL doesn't get the crowds MK gets. That's a fact. There's a 4M visitor a year difference. That's an average of an additional 11,000 people per day at MK.

I take it you have extremely limited knowledge about TDL...

I'll just say this about MK's attendance dominance....

eliza61nyc

Do people really feel that a business has some obligation to keep prices in line with what we deem is "affordable" or "middle class"??

(lol, I'm a capitalist, a business should be free to charge the max a market can bear)

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And here I thought, maybe, by some remote possibility, the same strawmen arguments by the usual suspects wouldn't be trotted out. I was wrong.

If only there was a chart that backed up what many of us have said and it showed how WDW ticket prices have far outpaced the rise in household incomes...

I'm out.

kong1802

Do people really feel that a business has some obligation to keep prices in line with what we deem is "affordable" or "middle class"??

(lol, I'm a capitalist, a business should be free to charge the max a market can bear)

IMO, the experience should rise with the cost.

If I'm paying more, which I am (everyone is), it should be all hands on deck at all times. I don't want to see rides loading one side only in the morning. I've personally witnessed it at BTMRR and Speedway. Each with a 30 min wait around 9:30 AM. I've seen other accounts of it as well. Don't charge more and then cut costs. That's what gets me..

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

If I'm paying more, which I am (everyone is), it should be all hands on deck at all times. I don't want to see rides loading one side only in the morning. I've personally witnessed it at BTMRR and Speedway. Each with a 30 min wait around 9:30 AM. I've seen other accounts of it as well. Don't charge more and then cut costs. That's what gets me..
You must not be a DIS stockholder.

ThistleMae

Interesting discussions...thank you for the entertainment. And...it's all free! Unless you can't afford a computer and an internet service. Just saying.

olie64

While I agree...The part of capitalize the needs to come into to play is the consumer (us) need to stop spending money to the point they realize that or the park goes complain enough to get it to change.. Until that happens it will continue to be what it is. Increase profits while decreasing cost. Do I like it that is what Disney is doing no but the only way I can show i disapprove of it is to not go.

On a side not for the people who went back in the day... 80's/90s was the experience better because it was less crowed so the staffed seemed fuller? (if that question makes sense)
My first trip was 2013 so I really haven't see it being different other then the first Trip at the beginning of June that year was probably the least busy it has ever been for us.

eliza61nyc

And here I thought, maybe, by some remote possibility, the same strawmen arguments by the usual suspects wouldn't be trotted out. I was wrong.

If only there was a chart that backed up what many of us have said and it showed how WDW ticket prices have far outpaced the rise in household incomes...

I'm out.

Well we do get the usual suspect trotting out the same complaint every time Disney raises the prices so hey, why change the usual formula.

Who's denying that?? I totally believe that the cost of the prices outpaced the rise in income. so what?? We call that having a product that everyone wants. You get to charge the max that the public would bear. A fine example. Apple

If only there was a chart to show why people feel that Disney or any company is a 501C non profit and has to make stuff affordable to any particular group of people.

Bye.

Last edited:

olie64

I'm out.

Kinda like smart phones?

ThistleMae

While I agree...The part of capitalize the needs to come into to play is the consumer (us) need to stop spending money to the point they realize that or the park goes complain enough to get it to change.. Until that happens it will continue to be what it is. Increase profits while decreasing cost. Do I like it that is what Disney is doing no but the only way I can show i disapprove of it is to not go.

On a side not for the people who went back in the day... 80's/90s was the experience better because it was less crowed so the staffed seemed fuller? (if that question makes sense)
My first trip was 2013 so I really haven't see it being different other then the first Trip at the beginning of June that year was probably the least busy it has ever been for us.
I've only been going since 2015. It's been pretty much crowded every time I go...except, depending on which park you are at and what part of the day, there can be fewer people. One night it rained buckets and we ran onto almost every ride at MK...it was so super cool! So it really all depends on lots of factors. But every trip I've taken, I have stumbled into quieter, less crowded areas.

prberk

See it's not sad to me. What is sad is that people place ridiculous importance on wdw. WDW is not college tuition, it is not a mortgage so if John q public cannot recognize where a vacation to a fake, playland should fall why should someone feel bad?
Why is the fake narrative keep going around that every kid "deserves " a wdw vacation.

It is simple, you either can afford it or you cannot. You either think its worth the money or you don't. There have been untold number of times i could not afford stuff.
When did the memo go out that everyone csn afford every thing they want??

If that's the case who do I see about that Audi q8, I've been drolling over?
I understand this completely. Vacations were never in the realm of possibility growing up, Disney might as well have not existed. I didnt grow up traumatized by lack of what is simply a luxury. Kid wants to go to Paris but she knows if she wants that, start saving her money and put herself in a position to do that. What she'll have deserved is the right to spend her money as she see fit nothing else.
Or I could be wrong and I deserve to win the Powerball because I bought a ticket lol

I actually do understand the concept of saving up for what you dream of, as well as the concept of not feeling entitled.

What I am sad about really is that what was once affordable for average families with reasonable budgeting is now NOT possible for most. It is the ridiculous over-inflation of the Disney experience. If you re-read my posts perhaps that will become more clear. I said that I used to be able to be the "Disney expert" to whom everyone would turn, and I usually could recommend a trip that would work for them. Now I can't for many. That is the difference. And what made the difference is the outstripping of inflation at WDW.

seascape

I actually do understand the concept of saving up for what you dream of, as well as the concept of not feeling entitled.

What I am sad about really is that what was once affordable for average families with reasonable budgeting is now NOT possible for most. It is the ridiculous over-inflation of the Disney experience. If you re-read my posts perhaps that will become more clear. I said that I used to be able to be the "Disney expert" to whom everyone would turn, and I usually could recommend a trip that would work for them. Now I can't for many. That is the difference. And what made the difference is the outstripping of inflation at WDW.
Please, I am getting tired of reading that a WDW vacation was ever affordable for the middle class. In 1970 an income of $20,000 for a family was considered a very good income. In fact in the 1980s in expensive NJ the average college educated teacher made less than $11,000 a year. It was Republican Governor Tom Kean that signed the $13,500.00 minimum pay for teachers bill. So please stop this pure garbage that a Disney vacation was affordable, it wasn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom