Trip Report So I guess Disney thinks Canadians do not celebrate Christmas?? A Max Trip Report- COMPLETED

A big hello to all my Disney friends:

As the title suggest this is a trip report regarding our recent Christmas adventure at Walt Disney World

Why the title you ask? I will keep you guessing on that one for a few days at least

Details leading up to the departure can be found here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-max-the-girls-and-the-boys-do-disney.951075/

This is my 6th trip report on these boards so hopefully you have read at least one before

The reason I say that is that my style might not suit all - I can probably sum it up as

1) Shoot from the hip
2) Do not pull punches
3) Definitely not PC
4) Not always PG
5) As much Seinfeld references as @Tuvalu can handle
6) Not too heavy or too light on the Pixie dust -keep it real and call it as I see it

Quick introduction will come from:

Day 1 - Travel Day towards the US but not quite beyond the comfort of home:
Friday Dec 21, 2018

The original plan was to drive from our home in Waterloo Ont Canada to Buffalo NY on Sat Dec 22.
With a 10:35 am fight a same day drive could have worked.

We switched it up to a drive on the day before and booked a hotel in Niagara Falls Canada

(our B&B in Buffalo backed out on us - @Doc Disney can try to explain how she let us down!!!)

So here we are at the Embassy Suites on Friday enjoying our homemade Mickey cookies

Me (Max, Andrew, Clarence) and Tricia

1546644042766.png

My younger daughter Cassie and Shane (BF)
1546644075148.png

and my older daughter Stephanie and her fiancé Jordan
1546644098857.png

and this is all of us at the Falls ( selfies are harder with six people!!!)
1546644121013.png

This report will chronicle Disney trip 28 for me and lucky(?) 13 to WDW.
It is also 13 to WDW for Tricia
The girls celebrate 10 trips to the world
Trip 2 for Shane (though his memory of the first is limited)

And - 1ST TIME FOR JORDAN!!!!!!

More Day 1 to follow and then off to Buffalo the next day!!!

Welcome aboard, ashore and wherever we are!!!

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
They really screwed up your tickets/magic bands. I feel for you.
At least I could understand how it happened.
They just did not explain it very well when they handed him his ticket card
They did not want to give him an extra day so they only put 3 days on his band and 1 on the card
But he used up one of the band tickets later

The beard works...that is all.
Concise and to the point

I may end up getting a RAV4 in a couple of years! I remember you commenting on them when I rented one and complained about not being able to figure out the radio :hilarious: I'm sure if I bought one, the dealership could help me figure it out. ha! Very neat that you have the first and last Corolla's made there on display.
You should buy a RAV - see @Tony the Tigger post - he is not a fan of the new look

Just to note that this is the first and last Corolla from our plant - they are still being made and sold

Ugh I despise playoff beards (no offence of course :hilarious:) Something I have to look forward to in the coming months GoJetsGo
No offence at all - I am not sold on it and Tricia/Cassie are a definite "no"
Hope the Jets get even further this year for your sake

I come from a very strict Toyota family. My mom bought a brand new 98 Corolla back in 1998. 14 years and 347,863 miles later (that thing lasted forever and was still going strong), she decided it was time to retire the Corolla and get a new Camry.
All of the 98 Corollas sold in the Eastern US came from our plant - the West coast production came from a plant called NUMMI in Freemount California - which is now a Tesla plant.
So if you live Mid-East coast you probably drove a Corolla built in my facility!!

I've Driven a RAV4 for nearly 10 years and love it! Will be upgrading to the new model too. Toyota is great, the car's last such a long time.
We have 3 Assembly shops (biggest Toyota plant in North America - last year was half a million vehicles)
One has been making RAV4 since 2008 so you might have a Canadian built vehicle
They already switched over to the new version in November last year.

Our line has been doing Corolla and as of today starting to also make RAV4 as well (it is very popular)
The third shop makes the Lexus RX350

Glad to hear you are thinking about buying the new one - PM me if you do!!

Beard suits you Max 👍
I know it looks ok/good - I just am having a hard time getting used to it and the girls are not fans so.....

Correct! One and done for us, too.
Another unsastified customer I see

Maybe you can fix the new grille.
Boo hiss, back to the Test Track.
(I’ve got 34 months left on this lease, maybe you can get them to fix it by then?)
The more "aggressive " grille is by far the biggest change in this generation of the RAV
I think they are trying to attract more buyers and hoping not to turn off the current base.
I actually saw the clay model in Japan and spoke to the Chief Designer and we talked mostly about the grill appearance and the expected results.

34 months is possible - The normal life cycle is 5-6 years with a mid model refresh. So the sheet metal stays the same for the entire cycle but the front and rear "mask" ( bumper, grill, head and tail lights) goes through a change at the mid point
But do not expect a huge change if it is selling well!!

Wow, Max. Sad to see the Corolla go.
Just to be clear the Corolla is only leaving us in Canada - We have a plant in Mississippi that will soon be bringing out a new version of the Corolla
I love the backside (hee!) of the new RAV4-very sleek. The front looks more like the Highlander.
Baby got back??

You got to accept the white in the beard.... I did :D
If I was keeping it I would accept it

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
At the airport
We normally do not stop on the way in so I decided to take a few pics on the way out

TOT is the icon for the studios now

Throwback time again !! - The big a$$ hat was the icon in this shot and the earful tower was before.

Shane is a big Spiderman fan so if we return a trip to USF will be in order

For all the great teachers out there on the boards!!

And then Stitch wanted to get involved

Max

Last edited:

sdemore

My son fortunately must have been driving one of your Corollas last week. Drove a 2019 as a rental car while his truck was in the shop. Had a major accident during one of the snow storms and hit ice. Slid into a telephone pole and flipped over. Had to be pried out by first responders-God bless them- and walked away with a sprained thumb! He said it was like being in a bubble with all the airbags that surrounded him. His next vehicle is going to be a Corolla. Thank you for building them so well. His mother is eternally grateful!!! (It is still hard for me now to tell about it!)

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
My son fortunately must have been driving one of your Corollas last week. Drove a 2019 as a rental car while his truck was in the shop. Had a major accident during one of the snow storms and hit ice. Slid into a telephone pole and flipped over. Had to be pried out by first responders-God bless them- and walked away with a sprained thumb! He said it was like being in a bubble with all the airbags that surrounded him. His next vehicle is going to be a Corolla. Thank you for building them so well. His mother is eternally grateful!!! (It is still hard for me now to tell about it!)
I am so glad that your son is okay and thank you so much for sharing

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 7 cont’d
Stitch’s last hurrah!!

We went healthy for lunch ( just Shane and I) the others actually did try to eat healthy

Shane trying to assemble the toy that came with my happy meal

First flight was delayed by approx 45 min but our plane finally made it

Sad faces on the way home

Just barely made our second flight in Baltimore

The rest is standard stuff
Landed in Buffalo, picked up luggage and drove home to Canada
No troubles at the border and home safe and sound

I will do a wrap up post soon

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
On a very positive note ...

After a few emails back and forth Disney has determined that I was not at fault for the “experience “ at DAK

They have made an offer and I have accepted it to reconcile the situation

I will not go into the details but please know that I am pleased with the outcome

Thank you for all your support and well wishes along the way

Without your encouragement I would have probably Not seen it through

Max

Rista1313

After a few emails back and forth Disney has determined that I was not at fault for the “experience “ at DAK

I will not go into the details but please know that I am pleased with the outcome

Max

So glad they made it right for you!

DisneyGigi

Max
So glad that they made it right for you Max! I had a very good feeling that they would, sometimes it just takes someone on up the totem pole to get that done. :)

Awesome report as always, looking forward to your wrap up post.
It was also very neat to get to interact with the rest of the crew, this report.

KellBelle

Max

YAY! I am so happy to hear this! Thank you for letting us know. It is encouraging that someone was able to listen and realize you were not at fault! :)

ELeigh

Max
Glad that they were able to make things right! Sad to see the end of the TR but it looks like it was a great family trip despite the mix ups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom