News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A motivated developer and contractor could have that built in 14-16 months, maybe less. CD's shouldn't take more than 3 tops.

As of late it does take Disney a long while to build most new construction on property but you are right, versions of hotels generally do go up quicker than attractions. My Dad was a building contractor. He was a contractor for the Sears Tower in Chicago. Architects were hired to design the tower in 1969 and ground was broken in 1970. It took 3 years to build 110 stories, about the same amount of time that has been spent on this project already. They started bulldozing River Country at the same time as this project for the new DVC. It will be interesting to see how long they each take to complete.

Side bar:
Sears Tower holds a special place in my heart and families. There is a beam up there, the last beam that everyone involved that wished to signed as my Dad did and also added my sisters and my names. On the side of the beam in nearing concrete is 2 quarters sunk into then wet concrete with years my Sis and I were each born.

Today I noted that Tron is having a Beam signing event also. It looks pretty dang cool.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My point is that it should not take three years to design a project of this size and scope. If it is not a good demonstration of how long it takes to go from idea to bulldozers.

And again, it was my point in my first post. 3 long years. :joyfull:

tomast

Could it be the expansion of the skyliner??? or the next gen transportation sistem that is rumour??? As I have read somewhere that that place would be a mini Transport hub

westernextension-png.355387

asdfadfsadf-png.355395

mm121

W
Could it be the expansion of the skyliner??? or the next gen transportation sistem that is rumour??? As I have read somewhere that that place would be a mini Transport hub

westernextension-png.355387

asdfadfsadf-png.355395
While it would be nice to see the property fully connected like that, I'd rather see them do it with a PRT system instead of an expansion of the skyliner.

Just like the monorail has never been expanded I don't really envision a skyliner expansion ever.

Disney seems to like its disconjointed multi type transportation system with no desire to make one system go to every destination.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
W

While it would be nice to see the property fully connected like that, I'd rather see them do it with a PRT system instead of an expansion of the skyliner.

Just like the monorail has never been expanded I don't really envision a skyliner expansion ever.

Disney seems to like its disconjointed multi type transportation system with no desire to make one system go to every destination.

There probably isn't one system that would work for everything, there will always be a mix.

Flynnwriter

Ariel just filed a lawsuit claiming infringement on the name, “The Cove.” She claims the name implies a level of creative detail synonymous with The Little Mermaid or other themed Disney properties. She is suing for 10k flounders.

mm121

What were those buildings that were torn down?

Where will people park for Fantasia Gardens once this is built?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What were those buildings that were torn down?

Where will people park for Fantasia Gardens once this is built?

Small buildings were just a covered picnic area and support buildings for the tennis and mini-golf. The majority was just tennis courts.

Golfers can park in the Cove lot. Also, they should be able to take a Disney bus to the Cove and walk to the mini-golf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom