News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

nickys

Premium Member
I’d imagine so. It’s designed. The space is there.

@marni1971 , I think I missed this.

When did they change the plans and how? Is the space that should be the TS now a QS or is it going to sit unused? Any idea why they decided it.

My guess would be that having decided to go the No FP route at opening, they didn’t want to have to deal with a separate entry system for those with ADRs for the land, who would need to get in and effectively skip the line to do so.

I really hope they reinstate the TS at some point, even if it’s 6 months down the line.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 , I think I missed this.

When did they change the plans and how? Is the space that should be the TS now a QS or is it going to sit unused? Any idea why they decided it.

My guess would be that having decided to go the No FP route at opening, they didn’t want to have to deal with a separate entry system for those with ADRs for the land, who would need to get in and effectively skip the line to do so.

I really hope they reinstate the TS at some point, even if it’s 6 months down the line.
To be honest I don’t know. I didn’t know it wasn’t happening until it was pointed out on the aerial photos there was a large space behind the Cantina. I did some checking and the TSR was meant to be there. Much like Rhine River at the park formerly known as EPCOT Center, the area looks prepped and ready.

nickys

Premium Member
To be honest I don’t know. I didn’t know it wasn’t happening until it was pointed out on the aerial photos there was a large space behind the Cantina. I did some checking and the TSR was meant to be there. Much like Rhine River at the park formerly known as EPCOT Center, the area looks prepped and ready.

Ah, so it isn’t that the building is done and they are using it as QS in the interim then? The building isn’t even there?

That’s not good. :oops: In that it will be a pfaff to try and build that later. Although I guess it’s possible. Now I’m seriously disappointed ........

drod1985

Ah, so it isn’t that the building is done and they are using it as QS in the interim then? The building isn’t even there?

That’s not good. :oops: In that it will be a pfaff to try and build that later. Although I guess it’s possible. Now I’m seriously disappointed ........

The building isn't there. The two QSR locations are where they were always planned to be. Building the table service restaurant shouldn't be too difficult, as I believed it's planned for this empty square behind the Cantina (lower right of pic). Construction shouldn't affect the existing land much at all.

D1Kw5wDXgAAfFby.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

The building isn't there. The two QSR locations are where they were always planned to be. Building the table service restaurant shouldn't be too difficult, as I believed it's planned for this empty square behind the Cantina (lower right of pic). Construction shouldn't affect the existing land much at all.

D1Kw5wDXgAAfFby.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks both @drod1985 and @marni1971.

So that’s hopeful then.

Hmm, so my suggestion that they just don’t want to have to deal with two sets of people getting into GE is a possibility then. If they haven’t re-imagined the space, and it’s kinda contained, there is definitely hope. But still odd they won’t actually build it now.

Any chance they may yet do that before the summer?

DGracey

Operationally, how will waiting to get into the land work for the first few weeks? Grand Avenue was essentially designed as a giant holding pen for entrance to the land, but it certainly can’t hold opening level crowds. Will Grand Avenue spill over head down toward Star Tours, Indy, Echo Lake etc.? Doesn’t seem like going down through Sci-Fi & ABC Commissary makes sense.

Will backstage areas be utilized as a temporary measure - like turning Pixar Place into a holding pen, and funneling people through the alley behind Runaway Railway building - and back into Grand Avenue?

An operational nightmare is coming. The entire park can’t become a waiting line for entrance to the land.

jt04

lines will be backed up from the bus drop- offs im guessing

That is what I think too. A turnstile or two for those going to GE once the queue backs up to the main gate. The rest for those not going to GE. Once GE is full they will let people into GE equal to those exiting through TSL.

Disney Analyst

Thanks both @drod1985 and @marni1971.

So that’s hopeful then.

Hmm, so my suggestion that they just don’t want to have to deal with two sets of people getting into GE is a possibility then. If they haven’t re-imagined the space, and it’s kinda contained, there is definitely hope. But still odd they won’t actually build it now.

Any chance they may yet do that before the summer?

That’s an interesting thought. Perhaps they decided dealing with dining reservations and land entry would be far too complicated, so they decided to leave it for now as an addition later, then they can do some more promo and boost the land even more.

nickys

Premium Member
That’s an interesting thought. Perhaps they decided dealing with dining reservations and land entry would be far too complicated, so they decided to leave it for now as an addition later, then they can do some more promo and boost the land even more.

But they could still have done that, built it and then not taken reservations.

That what I find perplexing. Much easier to build now than later. Maybe they still will, after all, at the moment it looks like a dumper truck parking lot....

jt04

But they could still have done that, built it and then not taken reservations.

That what I find perplexing. Much easier to build now than later. Maybe they still will, after all, at the moment it looks like a dumper truck parking lot....

With the success of the eatery at Pandora, I think they may have starting leaning away from TS with full menus. Which makes sense for theme parks with skyrocketing attendance.

On the bright side, maybe we will get a new attraction instead.

Jones14

If the TSR comes to pass, I would think it would coincide with the hotel opening, with a guaranteed reservation included in a stay there.

Is the hotel supposed to hit around the 50th?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That is what I think too. A turnstile or two for those going to GE once the queue backs up to the main gate. The rest for those not going to GE. Once GE is full they will let people into GE equal to those exiting through TSL.

Martin said there will likely be an electronic access control/booking system for the land at DHS. That would prevent this from happening.

dvitali

Keep asking myself this one question
Is Disney gonna allow people to walk thru a construction zone in Rise by the way of Grand Avenue entrance if they not gonna be done outside of the Rise or is all the work that need to be done is inside the show building?

EOD K9

Hey Gang, I apologize if this has been discussed, but when do you think we will see soft openings or some type of random preview.

Surferboy567

If the TSR comes to pass, I would think it would coincide with the hotel opening, with a guaranteed reservation included in a stay there.

Is the hotel supposed to hit around the 50th?

This may be extremely obvious but can someone enlighten me what does TSR stand for?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Keep asking myself this one question
Is Disney gonna allow people to walk thru a construction zone in Rise by the way of Grand Avenue entrance if they not gonna be done outside of the Rise or is all the work that need to be done is inside the show building?

I would think the outside would be complete by opening, with work on going on inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom