Just for fun.... You have the chance to work any job in WDW, what would you like to do??

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
lol, I've always wanted to be De-Vine, from the animal kingdom or maybe this guy, who looks like he has so much fun with his character.

Schneewittchen

I'm a big boss on the customer support side of a large organization. Angry customers, stressed out support staff, crummy products, disinterested operations folk, incompetent engineers, etc.

I like to joke that I'm retiring at 52 to mash the big red and green buttons to operate the Dumbo ride.

The reality is I'm probably best suited for the insanity at Guest Relations..... Lost your cell phone? Here have a sticker. Ran out of Waterford crystal Mickey sculptures at the art shop? Here have a Mickey bar coupon. Fell off a ride? Have an extra fastpass and sign this waiver before I call an ambulance. See, they don't even need to train me.

13*Minute*Wait

Great question. I think I'd like to be someone that is involved with the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Maybe one of those people stationed on top of the buildings or other raised hidden areas where the castle projectors are.

One thing I'd really like to see is what Disney World (all the parks) look like after hours. Can any cast member stay after the park is closed, and just walk around?

Driver

To all the dreamers....... I too had fantasies about being a CM. And then I became one! I have no regrets and I still love what I do, but remember as soon as you pin that name tag on your costume it becomes a job. And just like every job there is the everyday hustle and bustle of getting to work and every day life. Your hole perspective changes about the parks and the experience in general. When I first started I would visit every week often on a whim ( because I could) And that eventually wears off it's kinda like hearing a favorite song over and over. So too feel the magic I find myself digging deeper beyond what the guest see and know. And have gotten involved with training and teaching, not only has this rekindled my interest but I have gained way more knowledge in general about WDW. Which keeps my excitement level up and I stay focused. The fantasy we see as guest very quickly dissipates when you put on the pin. In closing, looking back I wouldn't change a thing, this is a one of a kind experience!!

Driver

Great question. I think I'd like to be someone that is involved with the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Maybe one of those people stationed on top of the buildings or other raised hidden areas where the castle projectors are.

One thing I'd really like to see is what Disney World (all the parks) look like after hours. Can any cast member stay after the park is closed, and just walk around?
To a certain degree yes, but then again you have full access anyway. ( think utilidors, backstage areas) Backstage areas are the interesting things to see, as a guest this is off limits. As a CM you can explore to see how things work! Also through this process I have had many aha moments when learning about mysteries such as fireworks. Many things that (as guest) appear to be hidden are actually in plain sight and people walk past them every day with no clue!

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

Any of these would be fine:

1. An idea man, not engineering or implementation, just concepts and ideas

2. A park ambassador that just wanders the grounds, answers simple questions, and greets guests

3. The person who picks the background music

4. Main Street horseless carriage driver

5. Train station platform worker

6. Teacher/trainer of the Disney 101 course that I've heard everyone had to take

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom